Anonymous
Years ago

Box Score from Singapore Slingers match

Sorry 4 starting a new thread but other thread wouldnt let me post.

Box score at
http://www.nbl.com.au/boxscore/popup.aspx?id=663

i got this link thru the adelaide 36ers website.

My thoughts:

1. Shooting percentages of some of the 36ers were low (including Maher)
2. Copeland taking too many shots?
3. Hill and Wheeler not enough game time?
4. D. Moore from Slingers team - Derek Moore the 36ers were interested in a couple of years back?!?

Topic #8665 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Wheeler has only just come back from injury, that was his first game at all (i think) since hes come back. Copeland taking too many shots i dont agree with, not hitting enough i do agree with. In that team his job is to get free and the others will get him the ball. He should be hitting a higher percentage.

Reply #97131 | Report this post

stats analyst  
Years ago

Assuming Brett was fouled on 2 pointers, Copes (10 shots) took half as many shots as Brett (17+3), in 2/3 of the court time. No, not too many shots from Copes.
Boards were interesting though, point guard Brad Davidson got 4 offensive boards ?!? that's gotta hurt.

Reply #97133 | Report this post

stats analyst  
Years ago

and of course, not counting shots while fouled, Copes took 60% of the shots Brett took.
Would be interested to know if Gordie played a zone....

Reply #97138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In second half the Slingers used a zone extensively combined with strong defence pressure. No 36er seemed able to put the ball on the floor and go to the basket .

Reply #97139 | Report this post

Jazz  
Years ago

It seems like a waste of time and unnecessary risk of injury to make Wheeler fly to Singapore and then only play him 5 minutes.
Why make him sit through the 5 hour flight and then only play him 5 minutes????

Reply #97163 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:56 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754