Axeman
Years ago

Locked: U14 girls Nationals in Bris

Forestville just got off the court in Bris. They won 43-35 to Bulleen in a very hot stadium.

Well done girls. Go SA.

Topic #8704 | Report this topic

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Top start. That was the bogey game , now hope Sturt can open the account with a win.

Interesting Gosford lost, that should help the Eagles.

Reply #97657 | Report this post

mambo  
Years ago

Sturt should account for Nth Tassy fairly easily later today and that's their day done, Forestville need to play Eastern Suns in their second match today and that should be a great game with Eastern knocking off Gosford earlier.

Reply #97676 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed Mambo.

Should set Eagles for top 4 in the first day, if they can get both.

Reply #97685 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

The Sturt girls won their first match against North Tasmania 78-36.

They play Southern Districts tomorrow, and back up against Knox tomorrow evening, who they defeated in the Classics gold medal match.

Knox snuck home a 38-35 victory over Albury today as well, so expect the Sturt vs Albury game on Wednesday to be very tough as well, in what is a very tight group.

Reply #97735 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Pool of death that one, agreed.

Reply #97741 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

Forestville girls won their 2nd game of the day 51-41 against the Eastern Suns.

Early days yet but lets hope the winning streaks continue for Forestville & Sturt.

Reply #97763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Links?

Reply #97777 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

Links, yeah good luck. I tried a few different sites tonight with no luck.

Im relying on a F/ville parent that I know.

For the moment, anyone with results post em here.

Reply #97779 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Go to Basketball Australia website then click on the side bar re Under 14 girls and this should help.

Reply #97783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://nat5.basketball.net.au/FS_extra.asp?id=28409&OrgID=400

Reply #97786 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

www.nationals.basketball.net.au

Looks like there are some quality sides.

Forestville doing extremely well in the pool of death.

Results also are showing Willeton after many quiet years are back after thumping Dandenong by 23 points. Townsville and Brisbane look good and Sturt yet to play any quality but will be around the mark. Also watch for Knox and Albury.

Reply #97788 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

In the Know...What about the Nuna's????Bulleen seems to have the easy pool.

Reply #97793 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

F/ville just beat Gosford 60-32. Great team performance.

Reply #97839 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Yes, sorry they are number one in Victoria, and just assume they will in the mix come the finals. Forestville are now a real title threat.

Reply #97854 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

They will crossover in aa with Nunawading and Bendigo.
Probably take Eastern suns or Townsville with them , plus carry that win in.
Theyre key game will be Nunawading, I think they will be better than Bendigo.

Reply #97856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They need to beat Townsville first. Townsville look to be moving quite well also. If they lose to Townsville then they will need to beat Nunawading to make top 4.

Reply #97857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr Damage,

Bendigo beat Forestville at the Classics by 1 in the Quarter finals in a poor coaching decision.

Reply #97859 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Aware of that, but a lot of things have happened since then.
The eagles seemed pretty motivated to do well this week.
Yesterday was a big day and they got through it very well.
My read is that the will get over Bendigo.

Could be wrong as you say.

Reply #97867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The concern is that playing in the pool of death, they will need to use up a lot of energy before they get into the second group.

They play Townsville in the morning after having a couple of tough days. Then they have to play the loser of the Bendigo and Nunawading game that afternoon. With Bendigo coming of a game against NT and Nunawading of a game against Canbe4rra who don't look too good.

We just have to hope that they have enough in the tank and that the coach has been able to rest players rather than trying to win by as much as possible.

So I still think that they have a tough battle.

Reply #97869 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Nationals are very tough..Ask Nicole and Scott and Jim.

My top four in no order

1. Sturt
2.Nunawading
3.Willeton
4.Forrestville.

Reply #97870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr Damage, There are other coaches out there who have been to plenty of nationals.

Reply #97872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

True,

But, not too many have coached in a 20 team format. For many years it was a 16 teams format. And, this year is the first year that it has been run over 6 days. Previously it has been over 5.

So Dr Damage was actually correct in suggesting Nicole, Scoot and Jim are the one's too ask. As they are actually the only coaches in Adelaide who have played in a tournament with this structure.

Reply #97875 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Thanks for letting me Know, I am new to all this stuff!!

Reply #97877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think it is actually tougher with 16 teams, as it is harder to get in and the competition is tougher because you didn't have the extra NT teams or host team in the weaker states. Also no offence to Jim, but it was his first 14 Nationals as a coach.

Reply #97880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I feel it is actually a little harder becasue you carry a game into your second group. Therefore more games are important. If you lose a game in the first group, you pretty much need to win all the rest of your games (four in a row) to win the tournament. Whereas previously you didn't carry a game and went straight into Quarter Finals. Only 3 in a row even if you had lost in your first group. Plus you now play more games than previously and there has been an improvement in teams from NSW and Queensland.

Reply #97882 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

I disagree.
The qualification for SA/Vic/Qld/ACT/Tas/WA has remained.

Same allocation from each state.
The extras ie.NT Nth/Sth and host association are at the weaker end of the comp. The extra NSW has made it stronger, hence the 'pool of death'

In some ways I find the Classic harder because there is a greater depth and no easy games at u/14 level.

Reply #97884 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dr Damage,

That depends on where the tournament is played. If it is in ACT, NT or Victoria, the second placed State from the previous year, ie Vic, SA or NSW usually get an extra bid. In which case it becomes more difficult.

Reply #97887 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Yes It would.

Say that happened in Adelaide this year ,South would have been selected, I suspect they would be bottom 10?

Reply #97888 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Its in ACT next year, so good chance of us or WA getting an extra spot, is that what you are saying?

Reply #97889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But in other years, it might be the opposite. And that adds an element of difficulty, as you can sometimes have a harder draw than other years. Making some pools more difficult, ala Forestville's pool of death.

Reply #97890 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes,

Next year the top 2 highest finishing states will get an extra entry. And in 2008 it is being held in Adelaise so there will be 3 teams that year for SA as well.

Reply #97893 | Report this post

bk  
Years ago

I reckon SA should have 3 every year our results are consistently good enough.

Just our population that doesnt allow it I assume.

Reply #97894 | Report this post

To the point  
Years ago

My take on it is that Forestville can not finish lower than 8th. That has put them in very good position.

Go Forestville & Sturt.

Reply #97910 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

The pool games are there to decide exactly that. You must finish top two in your pool.
This puts you top 8 at worst.

Reply #97918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure this year we could have put 3 competetive teams in a Nationals. Sturt and Forestvile were another division above the field which didn't have a full compliment of teams which saw most teams finish with a negative for and against points tally. Is next season any stronger?

Reply #97919 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

South would not come last I can assure you.

Reply #97930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt lost to Knox by 9 points.

Reply #97935 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

A.
1.Nunawading
2.Bendigo
B.
1.Knox
2.Sturt
C
1.Forestville
2.Townsville
D.
1.Willeton
2.Sydney

If this is the outcome Sturt have the harder road to the Semi.
But still within them.Must beat both Sydney(OK) and Willeton(Not so easy).
Forestville to make semi easy now, I rate them to beat Bendigo , plus carry the win from Townsville.
Makes tommorows game the most important for the Eagles.

Reply #97944 | Report this post

Upandatem  
Years ago

Prob is Sturts top player has done an ankle but hopefully ok by end of week??

Reply #97992 | Report this post

To the point  
Years ago

Hopefully the Sturt ankle will recover quicker than expected.

I know that 1 of F/villes important players is hitting the court for the 1st time in the champs today as she has suffered severe gastro since arriving in Bris.

If both teams can continue to perform with key players out then it should hold SA in a strong position going in to the major rounds.

Reply #98004 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

Forestville have just beaten Townsville 54-44.

F/ville has not dropped a game yet and finishes top of their group.

Reply #98006 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Forrestville only need to beat Bendigo now to go top 4.
Possible Matchup with Sturt in the Semi!!!

Reply #98021 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt through as well.
Play Sydney this pm.

Reply #98048 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

By my calculations Sturt Must play off 5-8th.

I am really disapointed, they are very good, maybe injuries??

Or have i made a mistake, even if they beat Willeton , Knox and Sydney have one win in the pool already.

They are out!

Reply #98103 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

F/ville went down to Nunawading(spelling??) 51-65 tonight.

I believe they play Bendigo tomorrow evening 6.30pm Bris time.

Chins up Sturt , we know you are a better team than the results thus far have shown.

Reply #98116 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Eagles beat Bendigo they are in.
Eagles Lose by less than 4 they are in.
Eagle Lose by 5-20 Townsville in.
Eagles lose by more than 20 Bendigo in.

All this assumes Nunawading beat Townsville.

Townsville beat Nunawading and Eagles win . Eagles through

Townsville beat Nunawading Eagles lose Eagles out.

Reply #98121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nuna had videoed Eagles games and worked over F'ville's point play maker and previous games top scorer, cutting her out of the game and had her with 4 early fouls. Boy, got to hand it to 'em, they do their homework the bloody Vics!

Reply #98130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The four, Sydney, Willetton,Nunawading and Forestville....maybe knox over Sydney with Nunawading the umpires favourite for the win. Sturt 7th. Any bets?

Reply #98157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rider to above:
1. The illness that kept a F'ville girl out till recently has spread. (quarrantine you idiots!)
2. F'ville are spending the day at the Gold Coast and playing Bendigo straight after.
Don't think these factors will help their cause unfortunately.

Reply #98242 | Report this post

Tool Spotter  
Years ago

(#98242) You would want to be a very VERY uninformed parent that is sitting his/ her ass in Adelaide & not Brisbane or a shit stirrer with no idea, or both; because the above rubbish could not be further from the truth.

There are answers to your simple and stupid "statements" but you probably couldnt understand them.

Another classic example of a thread being started to give people up to date information on what is happening on the other side of Australia, being hijacked by tools like yourself.

(#98242)you have been spotted!

Reply #98250 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Sturt are good enough to win the thing.
They have slipped up ...which happens, just shows what a good job the boys teams did last week!!
I would bet on them coming 5th.

$20 on!

Reply #98279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No they are not good enough and stop making excuses. They won classics with a bit of luck but have not been developed enough to continue to the big one.

Reply #98295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps the Sturt parent who bagged Forestville after the GF loss can get back on here and remind us as to why Sturt are so good and Forestville are poorly coached and choke!

Reply #98300 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

What!!
I must have missed the excuse?

In a tournament with 11/12/13 year olds, you cant get consistency, adults can't be consistent.
There is no grounds to bag Sturt.
To say they have not been developed is utter rubbish.
What is your evidence that thay have not been developed??

Reply #98301 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

If we must get into another slanging match between 2 strong SA clubs, so be it, but start another topic.

The original intention of this topic was to provide a means of putting up to date scores, within a few mins of matches finishing in Brisbane so family, freinds and well wishers could keep updated quickly.

Lets all remember these are U14 girls, not the Opals or Lightning.

All take a "time out", calm down & start another topic if you really feel the need to bag these 2 clubs.

Go SA

Reply #98326 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Ditto

Reply #98327 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Reply #98332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt just beat Willetton in a close one.Great job over one tough team.

Reply #98397 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with the post requesting the Sturt parent come back on who bagged Forestville for losing the GF and I think quoted Sturt are only interested in performing in the big ones.

Well not this time it appears!!

Not much bigger than the Nationals.

Please come back on.

Reply #98398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My $20 bucks looks a bit shaky now Dr!

Reply #98400 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Classic winners are now in 5-8.
I would never had predicted that!!
I dont think my 20 is safe either!!
Forrestville win and they will play Willeton.

Very tough!

Reply #98404 | Report this post

Axman  
Years ago

F/ville just beat Bendigo 69-54.

Townsville beat Nunuwading 60-55

I think this gives F/ville a top 4 finish??? Can anyone confirm?

Reply #98407 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

Ooops,that should have read Axeman, shut up Angie E!!

Reply #98410 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F'ville are top 4. a great win!

Reply #98412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Townsville must have had different umps to the F'ville-Nuna game yesterday to get over Nunawading, Go you good thing Qld!!

Reply #98413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Semis are:
Forestville vs Willetton
Nunawadding vs Sydney
Predict a Sydney vs Willetton gold medal match with Forestville up against the 'refs choice' Nunawading.
Bets Dr ?

Reply #98415 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

No, Sydney have played out of their skin to get to here.
I go Nunawading on that side.
Forestville to beat Willeton, on the other.
Nunawading to win overall now.

But the results for us are promising for u/16 in two years!!

Reply #98419 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Dr Damage,

A lot of the very good kids in both Sturt and Forestville are Country so metro won't be that great.

I think Forestville will get over Willeton and then get to play and beat Sydney in the GF. Good luck either way. Hopefully Sturt can be the best team outside the top 4.

Reply #98425 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What do you guys mean by "ref's choice" Nunawading?

Reply #98426 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Are you kidding 98426?
Say it slowly.

ITK
Yes I think Sturt will get 5th, it would be representative of the great year they have had.
I know that ther are lots of good Country girls..6 actually.
There are more good local ones than this and there will be hot competition. I reckon they will be much better than they showed at TI camp.

I should have said before that Forestville deserve the Semi result and IMO they are talent rich right through to no. 9. I hope that, perhaps, they could go all the way.

Reply #98431 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

What a great comp. I've seen U14 girls nats back to Jackson'syear in '94 and I haven't seen results so much all over the place.
Great depth to this comp. Any one of the top eight look capable of upsetting the eventual winner - whoever THAT might be. AND Dandy and Bulleen are playing for 9th!

(Also pleased to see that the majority of this thread remains positive - please keep it that way. This is no place for piss ante cheap shots)

It's great to see SA doing so well. We produce GREAT juniors and this is a showcase event.

Reply #98435 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #98456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6 country girls from Sturt, 2 from Forestville. A little early to be predicting their future let alone starting a Metro - Country debate.
Forestville seem to be trying to copy the Sturt system by a cheaper, economy method. They have appointed state country coaches to 14 and 16 girls in order to attract country players.
Will it work?

Reply #98457 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Thought these comments interesting considering the comments re coaching in other threads.

WILLETTON v STURT (53-60)

Sturt started brilliantly and easily controlled the first half up by 18 at halftime. Sturt appeared to have all the answers until late in the third quarter as Willetton charged back. The longer the game went on, the stronger Willetton looked. However in the end, the margin was too great and Sturt held on to a 7 point victory. Top Scorers  Willetton: A Jones 22, E Angel 11. Sturt: A Wilson 13, H Hull, 13.

FORESTVILLE v BENDIGO (69-55)

Forestville play with plenty of height and are coached well. They struck a 15 point lead on the back of too many Bendigo errors and unnecessary turnovers. Forestville are playing sensibly and are looking like a red hot team. Top Scorers  Forestville: I Richards 21, O Thompson 18. Bendigo: A Rutland 14, Y Dellavedova 12.

I think we have a lot to be proud of.

Reply #98459 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Hey Dr Damage. I dont think you should be naming girls on this post. Isnt that one of the posting rules?

Any way. GO SA.

Reply #98478 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Only a game report from day 4.

Magpie 2 of the sturt 6 wouldnt make metro team.IMO

Reply #98482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it true that Forestville made it through by ONE point in the tie-breaker!?

Reply #98496 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Nunawading +9
Eagles -4
Townsville -5

That tournaments, its hard to play to a three way tie,They make it interesting, but also desperate for the team that misses out.

Reply #98502 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Cant disagree with that Dr. I didnt ask the question , but cant disagree. Lets not mention names just in case.

Any way GO SA. Both teams have done very well to make it to their respective spots.

Reply #98533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Dr Damage & Axeman; do you guys actually work for a living or are you profesional posters?

Reply #98534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At present draw between Forestville and Willeton

Reply #98604 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville lost by 1. Experienced players missed free throws

Reply #98605 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

Boy someone beat me to it.

F/ville went down to Willeton in o/time, 56-57.

Bad luck girls. They now play off for 3 & 4th spot.

Reply #98606 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

Oh, and for #98534 info, I kind of dont work. Im a proffesional bull*#@! artist, and part time bad speller.

Reply #98611 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

Rotten bad luck for the F'ville girls. Experience or not, they're still only 13. Good luck tomorrow to Boti and the girls.

Very strong win for Sturt. A respectable 5-6 finish coming up. Good luck to Matt & girls.

Two tough games but I reckon we'll win both

Reply #98639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F'ville were desperately unlucky not to get 2 shots 5 seconds from the end when a player was coat hangared in the paint as she was putting it up. Boti was not impressed with it at all, so the story goes.
Sturt over a flat Townsville showed why they were a tournament favourite with their win.
SA proud: Sturt cheering for Forestville and meaning it! Way to go girls.

Reply #98641 | Report this post

Sector 7G  
Years ago

"SA proud: Sturt cheering for Forestville and meaning it! Way to go girls."
THAT'S what I'm talking about! Puts all the piss ante sniping in its right place.

Reply #98645 | Report this post

observer  
Years ago

Maybe Boti (If that is his real name) shouldnt have been celebrating the win before the siren has gone off and concentrated on actually coaching his team (in regular period and over time). Great coaching in the big games!!! History proven we could beat them.

Reply #98718 | Report this post

ano  
Years ago

The forestville kids had a pretty good weekcomin thorugh a tough pool to then loose to Nunawading. It was a pretty tough competition not one team has gone through undefeated. And really any of the top 6 could have won it and very competitive all the way down to the 10 teams.

Reply #98720 | Report this post

back  
Years ago

good to see Sturt have show good progres after starting the tournament poorly and hopefully take out the 5th position.

Reply #98721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Observer: Ur just that and if we is sturt , get over it!
Time and time again you hanger ons and parents create bad blood between teams.
Maybe just maybe all the stuff written about sturt having this Nationals in the bag was read by the players and they believed it.
F'VILLE FINISHED ABOVE STURT, THE SUN WILL RISE TOMORROW AND NEITHER TEAM WILL FEEL SATISFIED THAT THEY DIDN'T WIN THE COMP!
The kids played not you or the moronic F'ville country parent who yelled at the f'ville player who missed her foul shots that would have put them into the gold play-off.
Im proud of both teams and would have loved a SA gold but you ,you D head, would have to have a sturt gold.
Im cheerin' for sturt and f'ville today come and join in .

Reply #98750 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A good result by both SA teams. Hope you are both winners today. Most of the parents on both teams are friends, I think this will continue into future representative teams. I think this thread has blown a divide out of proportion

Reply #98759 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

F'ville down by 5 pts in the Bronze game. Inexplicable match ups cost F'ville which didn't give them much of a chance. Give it up Boti.
Sturt a good 5th.
Well done to both teams.

Reply #98773 | Report this post

Move on  
Years ago

He made the top 4 so thats a great result. How about pulling your heads in a stop the mindless crap and insults that continually plagues this age group.

Reply #98774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rumour is that he's taking the best player and top scorer at the tournament from this group to Southern with him

Reply #98780 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Why would that happen? Go from a top 4 at Nationals to a team that is bottom? Somebody is shit stirring!

Reply #98785 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wiletton won the Gold! F'ville lost in O/T to them yesterday in the play off by a point!

Reply #98786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Taking the best player with him... thats whose opinion in which game? Finals?? Which player would be best as they play as a team and often best player has more assists less points. Highest scorer is not always indicative of best player, unless you are a parent! Are any of these girls eligible for u18s? Tigers u16 girls are already strong in 07. They probably dont need a first year.

Reply #98793 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

(#98750) Who the hell are you ? And what the hell are you on about?????

The whole F/ville team, parents and players are VERY proud of what the F/ville girls have achived this weekend.

Your comments are disgracefull!
There are 2 different sets of parents from the country in the
F/ville team & both sets of parents IMO are the most encouraging parents in the whole team. I would gladly have both sets of parents barrik for or against my daughter any day of the week. To imply that they were doing anything else than encourging their team is beyond comprehension.

I would like to congradulate ALL the teams that lined up and clapped F/ville out of the stadium last nite (29/9/06). This was a spontanious show of class from the teams involved and goes to show that petty state rivalries mean nothing in this current U14 girls group.

The outlook for Womens Australian B/ball looks very healthy for the future if this championship is anything to go by.

Can I say a BIG thankyou to most of the posters on this thread. The information exchange has been awsoume, keeping everyone who is interested, well & truley up to date.

I believe Nunawading & F/ville players are planning a pizza party in the next few hours.

Well done all involved; WeLL done both SA teams. It was a great result for all involved.

(sorry once again for the spelling)

Axeman; over and out for the final time in this championship!

Reply #98800 | Report this post

To The Point  
Years ago

I must say that having talked to the F/ville parents after that game, including the parent of the girl involved, the comments of (#98750) are diabolical, to say the least & serve no real purpose here.

Congrats to both Sturt & F/ville, especially all coaching staff involved.

You may not have taken home the ultimate prize; but as a whole you have done SA proud.

Well done all!

Reply #98825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey axeman didnt you say you relied on F'ville parents for info in earlier posts?
From your last post it sounds like you're there. Were you the bagging parent?

Reply #98826 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the Point , Man have you changed your tune since posting your poison on other threads. Stay consistent tumpet man.

Reply #98827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the point; who? Forestville

Reply #98834 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any sa girls make the first team?

Reply #98877 | Report this post

G-ROD365  
Years ago

GO BOTI GO GO BOTI GO GOOOOOOO BOTI QUIT NOW (NOT SMOKING EITHER)

Reply #98886 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i think they did a onderful job because i was there and for all of u out there 1 thing eagles and sturt got along fine nd the parents whee great

Reply #98958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To the point,

Geez talk about the pot calling the kettle black or was that your alter ego when commenting on the winter season GF

Reply #98961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hear in 2008 girls u14 nationals will be held here in Adelaide. my prediction; Forestville,Sturt and North/Tigers.

Reply #98992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It seems to be more Forestville v Forestville on here than Forestville v Sturt....

Reply #99004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You can't appoint a pygmy when a giant leaves. Come back P. A.

Reply #99012 | Report this post

move on  
Years ago

Who cares any more - close the site - enough is enough - get over it

Reply #99017 | Report this post

Vadersmate  
Years ago

(#99017)HERE, HERE.

Reply #99172 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tigers, I don't think so. Just lost their best player and more to move soon. You are dreaming 98992!!

Reply #99175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well who was the only team to beat willo ?? STURT sturt an nunawading should of been the GF and u all no it

Reply #99370 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Vader would want to close any thread that has sturt finishing below F'ville.
You blew it and no I dont think you deservered a Grand Final berth especially as you all were baracking for Nuna then as they looked like losing transfered your cheering to Willetton. Like everything sturt, cheap, classless ans pretentious.

Reply #99373 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the girls only moved 4 1 reason the stupied vics dont support us when we r in things like that and thats why they moved thank u

Reply #99405 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

will any of the sturt girls make sa metro in yrs 2 cum?? is there any starts that arnt country??

Reply #99406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This link may answer your posts #98877/
http://www.australiabasket.com/AUS/AUS.asp?women=1
U14 Nationals recap - Sep. 30, 2006 - by Gauthier Gerard
The U14 Girls Nationals championship was held last week in Carina, Queensland. Jennifer McKenzie and Adrienne Jones led Willeton to a well-deserved Gold medal over Nunawadin 58-50 in the final game. We were able to see some of the best australian players born in 1993 and after in this tournament.

Noticable players:
Jennifer McKenzie (Willeton)
Adrienne Jones (Willeton)
Georgi Lovelace (Nunawadin)
Sarah Mitchell (Nunawadin)
Kiara Svilicich (Sydney)
Ingrid Richards (Forestville)
S.Sears (Knox)
N.Payne (Townsville)
C.Mijovic (Dandenong)
C.O'Bryan (NT North)

Final Standings:
1- Willeton Tigers
2- Nunawading
3- Sydney
4- Forestville
5- Sturt Sabres
6- Knox
7- Bendigo Braves
8- Townsville
9- Dandenong Rangers
10- Bulleen
11- Eastern Suns
12- Brisbane
13- Gosford
14- Albury
15- NT North
16- Southern District
17- Canberra
18- Northern Tasmania
19- NW Tasmania
20- NT South

Reply #99543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where are the U14 girls next year??

Reply #99555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

canberra
u think there is one good player from sa wat bout all the other girls eg: sturt players??

Reply #99557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#99373)At least we can spell!

Na, na, nana, naaaa!

Lets all move on with our lives, eh!

Reply #99607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The present outstanding 14's rolling into 16's will need to continue to develop in all areas to stay competitive whilst many of the girls from the other( not so successful 2006 teams) clubs will have the chance of developing both in body and sills, so predicting the future of sturt or any other club's players is crystal ball territory( We call it SASI).
U16's plus girls age groups face a wider range of obstacles than just being good ball players and only the dedicated and talented prosper as talent and potential are not enough.
Here's hoping SA turn out more success stories than ever.

Reply #99627 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets hope they all grow up a bit more by the time they get to Under 16s as well! This bickering and immature behaviour is pathetic!

Reply #99632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thanks is it only metro that do sasi who is in it ?

Reply #99641 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as part of one of the girls from the forestville eagles club who was able to be a part of the australian nationals i thought it was the greatest time of my life! i would like 2 thank boti, andrew, chris and jo for there amazing help and support that they have given us through the season. i have made loads of new friends from all the clubs but espiecially from the spectres girls which i know i will stay friends with for years 2 come. to all the parents that have gone on this site just to bag people have u ever thought that maybe your kids are having the time of there life with other teams that you are bagging?? just think about that.. becuase i had the time of my life!

Reply #99675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who is this ?

Reply #99703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its me!

Reply #99767 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who would tht be?

Reply #99781 | Report this post

A vIc  
Years ago

hey on behalf of all the vic people we would like to say how pleasent all the Forestville girls and parents were. we had the pleasure of staying in the same hotel and we got along great with all of the girls. we even had a party together on the last night.
to all the sturt parents i know that there aer individuals on your team that are lovely but the fact they started supportin nuna in the final and then changed halfway just shows that they have no heart. the nuna girls had even made an effort to be friendly and luckily the forestville girls had seen that, unlike sturt who obviosly wernt smart enough to c that.
thanks for the support forestville life long friends you girls are as for sturt i dont think any of Victoria could care less.
Well Done FORESTVILLE! we vicslove you!

Reply #99925 | Report this post

A vIc  
Years ago

hey on behalf of all the vic people we would like to say how pleasent all the Forestville girls and parents were. we had the pleasure of staying in the same hotel and we got along great with all of the girls. we even had a party together on the last night.
to all the sturt parents i know that there aer individuals on your team that are lovely but the fact they started supportin nuna in the final and then changed halfway just shows that they have no heart. the nuna girls had even made an effort to be friendly with Sturt
and luckily the forestville girls had seen that, unlike sturt who obviosly wernt smart enough to c that.
thanks for the support forestville life long friends you girls are as for sturt i dont think any of Victoria could care less.
Well Done FORESTVILLE! we vicslove you!

Reply #99926 | Report this post

A vIc SIs  
Years ago

Forestville n Spectres BF4L!xoox mwa

Reply #99938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well i thought the sturt girls were nice to nunawading every1 looks like they go 4 the vics but they dont mean it they just stay on the bagwagon the vics only go for each other no one else so if u cheered for us then they would cheer back

Reply #99958 | Report this post

A vIc  
Years ago

The Sturt girls were nice to nuna in the first place but they changed quick after that. we had total respect until they changed to willos cheer squad. we would of been cheerin for the SA team if it was them and not us in the granny but it wasnt. we wernt able to watch the semi b4 our own game and no other games we were present to watch. therefore u have no evidence we wouldnt of cheered for you!

Reply #100114 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smart enought to recognise friendship? What a joke,they supported both teams,they made friends on both teams,they will still be friends long after the dust has settled.Victoria,who cares about you? Beaten again in a meaningful, even competition.

Reply #100669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FORESTVILLE 'N' SPECTRES FRIENDS 4 LIFE!

Reply #101041 | Report this post

so over it!  
Years ago

do u honestly think that it was all about the win.. well tust me you have no judge of character. Nuna are so proud that they took back senend place to a team that beat us on the day. we have full respet for willo. This whole Sturt war is just a load of rubbish and im over it. the girls dont want it so why are we still continuing it. i am saying it is over move on nationals are a thing of the past no-one will be back there again with same teams. Lets keep all the feistyness until 16 state team.

Reply #103578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get a life

Reply #103592 | Report this post

Lock it NOW!  
Years ago

This thread should be locked.

Reply #103600 | Report this post

Thread locked

This thread has been locked and replies are not permitted.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:16 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754