Years ago

Hoops SA Poll #1 - WINNERS!

Top Five Division One Junior Coaches:
1. John Gillies (West)
2. Scott Butler (Sturt)
3. Paul Arnott (Forestville)
Jeremy Combe (Forestville)
5. Mark Wallis (North)

Honourable mention to: S.Knight (Tigers), M.Molitor (West), D.Simmons (Sturt) and D.Weeks (Norwood).

Top Five Division Two and below Junior Coaches:(votes included 2004 and 2005 Coaches)
1. J.Rattus (Eastern) 2004
2. J.Clarke (Sturt) 2005
3. B.Johnston (North) 2004
4. P.Harvey (Sturt) 2005
5. L.Flynn (Sturt) 2005

Honourable mention to T.Pitt (Sturt), W.Knight (Tigers) and M.Whitford (Norwood).

Top Five Up and Coming Junior Coaches:
1. B.Gliddon (Sturt)
2. M.Sutton (Forestville)
3. R.Deacon (South)
4. M.Humphries (Sturt)
R.Franceschinis (North)
C.Bertetic (Norwood)

Honourable mention to M.Gliddon (Sturt), N.Durant (North), M.Sherman (North) and D.Quigley (North).

Obviously I'm not suggesting that is definately the best coaches going around. This is solely based on the votes that came in from the site and the email address. (And no just posting Don is #1 didn't count.)

Topic #871 | Report this topic

Boony  
Years ago

How many votes did you get in total?

Reply #9490 | Report this post

Leader (J.Gillies) recieved 18 votes. A number of people voted for Division One coaches and not others so it's hard to say.

Reply #9491 | Report this post

In the know  
Years ago

Pretty ordinary poll. Not exactly an even view across the Basketball community. I wonder what clubs voted the most?

Reply #9553 | Report this post

Boony  
Years ago

Is John Gilles that cool, small, bald guy from West? If yes, he's a champ.

Reply #9554 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Cool, small & bald.... yeah I guess that sums up John :-)

Reply #9557 | Report this post

Everyone had their chance to vote, through the site or the email address.

In the know did you vote? If not then maybe you should have if you don't like the lists.

Who do you think missed out?

Reply #9560 | Report this post

surprise surprise  
Years ago

no woodville coaches on there??

Reply #9667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and fair enough too I'd say.

Reply #9672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How many of those up-and-comers have won anything? Carlo and Gliddon? How about some YOUNG coaches that have won something!?!

Reply #10149 | Report this post

lynn holland wheres that name.

best juniors coach in SA

Reply #10549 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

lol, Jirachi I can think of at least 3 coaches who post reguarly on here (discounting myself) who are young and have won championships! :)

Reply #10554 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Yeah precisely, which is why they didnt get any votes IMO :)

I think that top 5(6) is quite a formiddable list!!!!!!!

Reply #10556 | Report this post

Arthur Fonzarelli  
Years ago

Gillies, who else????

Reply #10558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didn't carlo bertetic just win the 16 boys div 1 grand final or am i imagining things?

Reply #10567 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic.  
Years ago

Your right we did win the grand final. Michael Humphries has won a few grand finals and he was on the list (may have a good chance this year also?) isnt he?

Jirachi which one of them arent coaching anymore and on a different topic who is coaching south 16"s? Is Paul R coaching them all season?

Reply #10568 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

Ive seen/heard Gliddon, Carlo, and Humpa are coaching...so the other 3 aren't, Jirachi?

Reply #10574 | Report this post

Carlo Bertetic.  
Years ago

hows the team going libertine:)

[Mod: a bunch of superstars!]

Reply #10576 | Report this post

Paul Arnott  
Years ago

Not quite true - Matt Sutton is not coaching a team himself, due to ABA and Academy commitments, but is the assistand coach of Forestville's Under 16 division 1 boys team. He also coaches Aussie Hoops.

Reply #10584 | Report this post

Moochie Norris  
Years ago

Anon (#10149)-
As mentioned above, Carlo won the 16 1s GF this past winter season in a super game.
Ben Gliddon won U12 Reserve State Champs and U12 Div 2 GF this past winter season.

Both are young, both have won something (not that winning is always a relevant point) - thus fulfilling your criteria. More importantly, both can coach!! Give them the credit they deserve!!

Reply #10597 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754