master?
Years ago

Advertising for the first Sixers Game

The Advertising for the first home game for the season again is a absolute joke, even with a new private owner. So what we expect is no new fans to the game just the same old fans, some things will never change. All I can say is that you have to spend money to make money, wake up you idiots, and it clearly looks like Mal will be running this club on the cheap.

And what about having the 36ers singlet presentation and season launch 2 weeks into the season!! even a bigger joke.

(Mod: Updated to a more relevant title)

Topic #8715 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

umm the sixers have been Advertising on radio for a while now and having the season launch after the start of the season is what a number of NBL teams are doing

Reply #97759 | Report this post

master?  
Years ago

They have done the same radio advertising for years now, its done wonders for the club!!! The club has got many, many, many new supporters and fans this way - not.

Reply #97776 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Which other teams are having their season launch after the start of the season? Just interested to know.

Reply #97778 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

master? - I assume by your comments "this has got the club many, many, many new fans and supporters this way - not" means you are actively employed in market research, and have spent numerous game nights out the front of the Dome asking people if they were there from the radio ads or not?

No?? Didn't think so. Why don't you find something to bitch about with some factual basis, instead of just making your own stuff up to suit your own agenda!

Reply #97789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anybody know if the home games are going to be covered on radio?

Reply #97790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is there a game this week? You couldn't tell unless you are a big bball fan.

Reply #97796 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Why don't you find something to bitch about with some factual basis, instead of just making your own stuff up to suit your own agenda!"

LOL

Reply #97797 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

ahhh my favourite topic..ok ill say it again..

radio advertising is the bigggest waste of money..minimal retention, fragmented audiences..background!

TV good option..high numbers..good retention, high impact..but very expensive to do properly.

Press, best option..high readership..great retention..ability to give detail..inexpensive.

simple..do regular (and regular is important)..press advertising.

Of course it all makes no difference to me..coz i will be shouting my 36er lungs out here in Perth on friday

good luck guys.

Reply #97803 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

We need to get more advertising in the Crowvertiser as well as on the news coverage - nothing about the sixers win on the news tonight!!

Reply #97804 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

have heard the add for 36ers home game this wed every day for last week and a half coming home from work on tripple M , my work colleague who is not a bb fan has also mad mention of the add they have hear on 5aa about the game and are taking the family for the first time to the basketball because of it

Reply #97806 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I think the 36ers are doing a better job this year.

Tickets are definitely cheaper with a lot of special deals.

I registered, on the 36ers website, and am receiving information about upcoming games. On top of this I am receiving various other club information.

The Seals look like they have grown this year. (Not in size) They have discovered the electronic age. They have their website. (They soon maybe more popular than the 36ers)

Reply #97826 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

97790, ABC Adelaide will be broadcoasting the home games on radio. Head to the 36ers' site, go to the schedule, and there's a link alongside each home game.

Reply #97850 | Report this post

cavolo  
Years ago

Don't know if anyone else caught it tonight, but there was a nice looking game promo ad on channel nine about 5:50pm (?) for tomorrow night. The only thing that seemed a bit ordniary was the audio/music.

Graphics and clips were good - great to see TV ads - keep it up and it should help attendance IMO.

Reply #97943 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:55 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754