Supporter
Years ago

Mavericks

Rumour has it that Mavs have lost another original player from their senior list.Also I believe their are 2 more in the pipeline.
When will the admin of the club ask themselves why is everyone leaving and admit it is because of themselves.

Topic #8728 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

Reply #97926 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Reply #97927 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Very good In the Know, very informative. Well said!

Reply #97929 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Are we talking men or women here? Who has left?

Reply #97931 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Thanks!

Reply #97940 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Thats ok In the Know. Hope you dont mind. Didn't mean anything by it. Useally what you say I find is very good. I just found it funny.

Reply #97941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What exactly are the Mavericks' club administration doing wrong Supporter?

Reply #97972 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Lets not make this a club bashing thread. Lets take a look at what 'Supporter' has posted:

'Rumour has it that Mavs have lost another original player from their senior list.'

Rumour. From this you can say there is no basis or fact to this statement. Lost another original player. So, this person has come up through the ranks of juniors with this club. Could be Male/Female.

'Also I believe their are 2 more in the pipeline.'

2 more in the pipeline, plus the one mentioned before. Three people in total may be leaving one club. That's not bad in a season.

'When will the admin of the club ask themselves why is everyone leaving and admit it is because of themselves.'

3 people leaving a club, doesn't constitute everyone, and being a rumour not based on fact maybe only 1 or 2.

In summary, three people of unknown gender may be leaving the Mavs and this may be because of the admin staff. Does this not happen each year to every club?

Reply #97977 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturty8ers you have know idea. Round about half the men and women teams have either retried, not playing or left all ready. Not 3 alot more, we are talking at least 10 - 12 players from both sides and rumour that there is more. What will be left?

Reply #97982 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Ok I'm not club bashing or stirring but people are saying only 3 (well sturty6ers). Here we go for the players I know or have heard (rumour)
Men
Bedson
Trebilcock
Davis
Magden
Holmes

Women
O'Brien S
Holmes
Hilton
Bycroft
Light
Lienert
Gollen
Maycock

Are all not or rumoured to not be playing. For such a small club they don't have a big junior base that is a lot of players to loose in one hit.

Reply #97986 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

The only 2 that have been substantiated are Jacob (moving to the Dragons) and Siobhan (semi retiring for personal reasons).

Everything else is speculation.

Reply #97990 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

Crap Madgen, Light and Bycrof in the USA. Bedson spoke to him about 4 weeks ago playing football for the Eagles in the SANFL. Holmes and Hilton been cleared to another club I beleave. Maycok playing volleyball O/S. Lienert told players she isn't playing. Mate you are full of crap! If you don't know whats going on get off!

Reply #97996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

technically only 2 of these are leaving because they're not happy. unfortunately, bc is right though....the list the women are losing is: O'Brien - retiring, Holmes - Southern, Hilton - Southern, Light - moving overseas, Gollen - travelling overseas, Maycock - playing volleyball, Lienert - retiring, Bycroft - College.

So sooner or later, girls have to get on with their lives and bball takes less of a priority, unfortuantely because a majority of this group have been playing together since they were kids its happening at the same time. Yes, Mavs will be able to suit up a side, just gonna be a very short one!

Reply #98015 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

"Bedson spoke to him about 4 weeks ago playing football for the Eagles in the SANFL"

Sweet im an eagles supporter, can the guy play?

Reply #98023 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

i don't know if he can or not we'll have to wait and see.

Reply #98025 | Report this post

Boy wonder  
Years ago

Here is how well you blokes are going, The guys name is BENSON, Adam Benson not Bedson so I am sure who ever is talking to him knows him real well to, so well infact you dont even know his actual name

Reply #98053 | Report this post

BC  
Years ago

I didn't say I know him well if you can read. All I said is he was talking to me and said he is playing football not basketball. True or faulse? What is he doing? Almighty one!

Reply #98062 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I 'heard' they arent fielding a mens U20s team either so this could spell trouble in a few seasons....

Reply #98094 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who everr started this story has no idea, nor do they know the facts

Reply #98141 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

So what are the facts? That your club is loosing senior and junior players at a great rate and you can't stop it? Or that your club is blaming everyone else but themselves?

Reply #98217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do people think it's happening though? Has anyone got any theories?

Reply #98227 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

It must be the DA Vinci Code! Couldn't be anything else surely.

Reply #98296 | Report this post

Years ago

i think the obvious problem is that they haven't been working on recruiting juniors to the club to fill in spots for when their core group of seniors did eventually move on. and unfortunately this year instead of only 2 or 3 players leaving, there has been about 10 or more in total. sad situation in all.

Reply #98310 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wright has left or is leaving in the next week to go overseas.

Reply #98437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who is actually left then, from men's and women's?

Reply #98442 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Looking at required players list. Take out the ones we already know have gone. I would say stuff all left.

Reply #98452 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:40 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754