prowler
Years ago

Attitude

What is going on out there tonight ?
zero defense , terrible combinations , not enough rotations , phil ??
I know it is supposed to take six weeks and all but the lack of talk and team cohesion is scary .
It is like every man for himself on offense and no man for himself on d.
We have a great target down low in Horvath that we just don't utilise enough and when we do it is beautiful , he can pass so get him the ball . inside and outside , lets say it again , slowly . Inside and outside .
Copes forcing up shit , Willie is a sooky little kid tonight , Nash is history .
Ng looks the goods , Maher nough said , Mastro calm it down a little .
This team needs some direction . it is not the same as 97, 98 when we had two coaches on the floor in Mee and Brooks .
To say it is going to take a while is fine but there is no excuse for lame as effort .

Topic #8744 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

prowler what game were you watching? willie sooking? Ng looks the goods maher nough said? those last two guys mentioned lost the game for yous tonight! NOUGH SAID!!!! with NG on the court it is like shooting over a chair.

Reply #98129 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Willie was sooking big time.. and thats coming from a guy who normally thinks a lot of him..

Reply #98142 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

I agreed until you mentioned the players efforts.

Maher was a true captain for majority of the game tonight. Unfortunatly his shots didnt hit towards the end but that is when Farley took over.
Majstro and Nash's body work was priceless tonight. It's the little things that you don't take into consideration. Majstro had a very solid effort to my mind. Nash in particular is all about little things and taking players out of the game. And i dont know if it was just me but the Star Boomer was kept to 8 points tonight.

NG had confidence with his shots which was good to see. I think overall it was a good effort by the sixers if you look at their current position: 3 games 2 of them on the road in a week not much time to Gel, no experience under pressure as a team. In a few weeks time they will be an exciting team to watch.

Reply #98147 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

I agree - Maher was great, and Nash and Majstro were solid. NG was good and should have had more minutes.

But the negatives outweigh the positives by a long way in this game.

Reply #98152 | Report this post

prowler  
Years ago

i did write this at half time and yes nashy was excellent in the second half .

Reply #98181 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Nash is the most overrated player in the game today.. the little things? That doesn't cut it at NBL level. He didn't even look like he wanted to take a shot tonight, and he did have quite a few open looks.
Phil's got to stop spoon feeding some of his vets and let the kids who have earned their spot show what they are capable of.

Reply #98183 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Agreed..

Reply #98184 | Report this post

The difference with Nash in and out of the game is very noticeable. Getting rid of him wouldn't be wise

Reply #98192 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

The little things dont matter??

Kept Saville almost non existent on Sunday, and then kept Smith incredibly quiet and non effective tonight....

Wow, those little things should dont mean much when you keep a normally 20+ player down to below 10.....

Reply #98205 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

...and Nash was one of the only players to play any D.

Reply #98233 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Stopping Saville isn't a "little thing". That's flat out defence, and those two match up like 2 peas in a pod, os he should be able to. Watch Saville tear him to pieces next week, guaranteed.
If he ain't going to take an open shot in the 4th quarter he's not worth being out there.
Without trying to sound like an a-hole, both myself and my mate who were watching the game last night have played against him twice (in his prime) and he is about as dangerous as a rock wallaby

Reply #98263 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If he ain't going to take an open shot in the 4th quarter he's not worth being out there.
I thought the same thing at that moment - if you're not going to take those open shots, you're an offensive liability. The Kings have 10 players that would take any open-look they could get from the arc. But if you remove him from the team, who's playing defense out there?

Reply #98282 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

Nash has a role in this team and defence is his main focus. Without analyzing every play I believe that Nash would have saved us points on the defence end and that is not something many other sixers can say.

You don't have to have 5 players on court that can score all night long, Chicago won with Rodman, Spurs with Bowen.

Reply #98294 | Report this post

KIngJames  
Years ago

Yogee are you saying Smith is a 20+ ppg player?? No way is he anymore. He is an awesome player but his skills have gone down dramatically. He will score in the low teens. Hardly the scoring threat he use to be

Reply #98302 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

On that, I have bet and won three straight times this season on Smith have 16 or fewer points. He can score 20+ on his night, but he is not going to have the same impact this season - just seemed to take a back seat to Worthington, Kendall and their imports.

Reply #98307 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

So you now have 2 Ferrari's? Or Did you go for the Lotus as a second car?

Reply #98308 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

"The little things dont matter??

Kept Saville almost non existent on Sunday, and then kept Smith incredibly quiet and non effective tonight....

Wow, those little things should dont mean much when you keep a normally 20+ player down to below 10....."

excellent yogee. Nash isn't concerned about the stats, it's taking his opponent out of the game. Someone who can grab 10 rebounds and take the Smith and Saville out of the game deserves a position on the roster.

And the shots dont concern me much. I would much rather Maher taking a shot underpressure then Nash by himself anyday! We have the shooters (Maj, Maher, Farley, NG) so let them do their job and Nash his own task.

Reply #98350 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:07 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754