yogee
Years ago

Where's Boti?

Anyone else noticed Boti MIA at the moment? Zac Milbank has been doing the reporting in the Tiser, and was covering the game last night.

Perhaps Boti got stuck shopping in Singapore?

Topic #8762 | Report this topic

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Or just that he's away coaching at U14 nationals?

Reply #98341 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Didn't see him at the game and was going to email him and ask. Was interested to see his take on it all.

Reply #98342 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Maybe he is staying in the Singapore Hilton?

Reply #98348 | Report this post

Big Kahuna  
Years ago

Hoop Addict told you. He is away at the U14 nationals!

Reply #98363 | Report this post

Cat in the Hat  
Years ago

Shouldn't Yogee have known that? Doesn't he know everything? ;)

Reply #98374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee Yogee, You seem to have a go at people about other obvious stuff and you miss something so simple like Nationals.

Reply #98377 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Well considering I have no local club involvement, and therefore no involvement at juniors, how, or why, would I know?

It appears Isaac didnt know either.

Reply #98381 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Correct - I had no idea (also no involvement with club juniors).

Reply #98389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

far out yogee, you should of known son.(knods head in dissapointment)

Reply #98418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti' s team has made top 4. Semi finals tomorrow.

Reply #98446 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

For all those Boti haters out there can you honestly tell me you prefer reading Zac Milbanks articles? He's serviceable but does little more than report what happened and give a quote or 2, 5 minutes post game on this forum and you'll get a far more insightful on the game. At least I look forward to seeing what Boti's written and his take on the game.

I also don't like the way Milbank keep reporting how we lost a 5 point lead with 39 seconds to play. We had a 5 point lead with 13 seconds to play, that would be far more sensational journalism.

And far out, give yogee a break, it was a legitimate question that had an answer that was hardly common knowledge!!

Reply #98475 | Report this post

TG  
Years ago

Thanks god at least Zac Milbank has been able to put SOME basketball in the paper in Boti's place. I hate this time of year when there is just too much footy coverage. Sure it's the grand final, but do they really need to disect it down to basically how Ryan O'Keefe will tie his shoe laces could determine the winner (well not quite, but you get what I mean...too much!!) They have a spread in the middle of the paper for footy, then in the Sport section at the back...more footy!!! Why have the extra bit in the middle if they're not going to put all the footy news there??

So at least we have had 2 days worth of articles on NBL still. Must admit though, I did miss Boti's Thursday column. Surely he could have phoned that detail in from the U14's tournament!!??!!

Reply #98490 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

billo...I had the exact same thought. Reading the article in Thursday paper made be appreciate Boti even more. It wasn't that the article was bad, it was just a nothing, non-descript kind of article. Boti actually makes a game of basketball sound interesting to read about. Regardless of what people think of him, I see him as a major asset to basketball in SA.

Reply #98498 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Just had a thought...is Zac related to Yvonne at all - anyone know?

Reply #98537 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

not closely

Zac is Yvonne's husbands second cousin or something like that

Reply #98546 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Well it makes a change not having read how wonderful Mark Nash is all the time!

Reply #98593 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well done Boti for 4th position at 14 club nationals. Go SA.

Reply #98803 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:28 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754