master?
Years ago

The Quote

In fridays Advertiser Phil Smyth quote "And it's going to be tough, they're sitting there waiting and we've got to fly in." What the ?, the 36ers spent 4 hours flying to Perth and the Wildcats spent 7 hours flying back from Singapore the same day.I am sick of this bullshit.

Topic #8787 | Report this topic

Pussy Galore  
Years ago

I agree. Stop putting up the lame excuses Phil.

When will you ever be accountable??

Reply #98788 | Report this post

Play some D  
Years ago

How do soccer teams in Europe do it? Fly all over Europe playing in 3 different leagues, playing up to 4 games per week.

Phil your excuses of travel don't cut it.

Reply #98792 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Play some D...Europe is smaller than Australia, but your point is valid.

Reply #98853 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

When travelling, don't they arrive the day before the game giving them a good night's sleep to rest their weary bones? With a full day ahead before the game, can't they get some light training somewhere?

Reply #98857 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Phil, its hard being coach i know, but when the going gets tough, only the strong willed will prevail. don't be affected by the critics around you, they have know idea what pressure are put upon you. But if you do start making excusses their will be only one person to blame, and that is yourself.

kind Regards

PJ Armstrong ACB Assitant Basketball Cannada

Reply #98927 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

love how PJ Armstrong can't spell assistant nor can he/she spell Canada

Reply #98928 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I believe the French speaking Canadians spell Canada, Cannada. Could be similar to Brazil and Brasil.

Whilst I can't read French here is the link: http://nrm.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannada

Reply #98938 | Report this post

Tony Blair  
Years ago

ok ta TR never too old to learn new things

Reply #98939 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Do the French Canadiens also spell assistant as assitant?

Reply #98972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lost to a better team... could have just said that. perth are pretty much 10 deep this year, yet were about 5 deep....

Tigere
Brissy
Perth
Tiapans

Then the rest.....

Reply #99209 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:59 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754