Dribbler
Years ago

CONDITION CRITICAL.

Sadly, last night, the condition of the 36ers worsened, and they are now on the critical list. One prognosis had them on the improve, having ridded themselves of the "managementus incompetentus" virus that has afflicted them for years. However, the deadly "Smythe Syndrome", the mysterious, unexplainable ailment which has things starting on the highest of highs, then proceeds on a choking downward spiral with no end, until all that is left is a smile and a mouth full of glib one liners and unreasonable excuses.

Topic #8788 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the time it took you to write that post you could have boiled an egg which I believe would have been more satisfying. Perhaps a section or thread should be created on hoops where 'dribbling' negative crap like this (and this post now as well) go. I appreciate your not impressed with the team at the moment but i'd hope there is more constructive ways of doing it.

Reply #98794 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

Dear anon, was written "tongue in cheek" , but as you've taken it seriously I'd suggest that while you're boiling your eggs, you should brush up on your spelling and grammar.

Reply #98801 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ooch!

Reply #98804 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well its tuff for adealaide fans who are now realising that they have a coach who's only interest is looking after his own credibility, has a track record of not identifying or recruiting young Aussie talent and is being paid a a shit load to consistantantly non perform, so get use to coming second

Reply #98814 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

A good dose of antibiotics should help them. Hope their condition will have improved by the next home game.

Reply #98830 | Report this post

goofball  
Years ago

yep, big mistake not recruiting the young talent. it's gonna be embarassing if we get into a bingle when we mingle with the JIngle.

Reply #98869 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

at least we will be able to watch him play.

Reply #98870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

im pretty sure any team would struggle playing 4 games in 10 days let alone 3 on opposite side of the country and 1 up in singapore. you would realisticly only be looking at winning 2 of those so thay havn't done that badly considering. Have thay??

Reply #98889 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

(#98889)
Sydney did OK with their 4 games (3 and 1 from memory.

But I must say that the scheduling by the NBL is absolutley terrible. Sydney and Adelaide 4 games with West Sydney YET TO PLAY A GAME.

Reply #98915 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

TK, if we were sceptical, we could be forgiven for thinking that Adelaide had been set up to fail with a draw like that.

Reply #98960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lmao! And sydney were set up to win with the draw!?? Who is fit and who is not? Nothing but pathetic excuses so far from the coach. Get accountable, get moving and get results as that is what the fans want. Not lame excuses.

Reply #98962 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

To hang Phil by saying he's looking after his own interests is a silly statement.

What coach, at any level in any sport, isnt looking after their own interests?

They are being paid to produce results. If we had regularly missed the playoffs but been playing young Aussue talent then the screams would have been even louder and the crowds even worse.

Reply #99007 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

^^true

Reply #99050 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:07 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754