Anonymous
Years ago

Country State Coaches

Trevor is coaching country state u16 girls and matho u18 girls. What other coaches have been appointed? When are metro coaches announced?

Topic #8791 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matho needs a bex and a good lie down followed by retirement.

Reply #98805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the bald brothers

Reply #98823 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matho had to do 18's or his pet wouldn't get game '07.

Reply #98913 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

i will be mathos assistant for the up and coming State season and whoever anon is ahs no idea. Matho is not in it for personal gain and i dont think he has pets. besides the final selection for teams will be a combied decision between matho, myself, the other asistant coaches and the SA Countrt Development officer, so get your head out your arse and realise that we are only doing what we think is best for SA country basketball. if you have a decent/intelligent post then post your name.

Reply #98974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The original question was....these posts have not helped

Reply #98977 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

these posts have not helped who???
Matho U18 girls, Trev U16 girls, Shona U 16 boys head coach. Al im saying is unless you r involved then post costructive critism. if you are not then seek the advice of a surgeon to help you get your head out of youf arse!!

Reply #98979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Settle pettle this post wasn't just about country. You dont have to be involved in country to post on this thread.

Reply #98982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't criticise country, all is fair, above board,well and nothing is amiss. (or you will be shot!)

Reply #99015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Coaches have been announced

Reply #99027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LITTLE PATTO: Pick on ability and you won't get anything but constructive criticism.

Reply #99030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Look like a clicky club to me!! Brothers and friends all coaching together.

Reply #99041 | Report this post

Kal  
Years ago

Most coaches have favourites - it happens, for whatever reason and it always will. Not realising means coaches sometimes make mistakes and use poor judgement.

Reply #99045 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

I never said that coaches dont have favourites but they tend to be the players that listen and try hard to improve. But i would say that this usually happens at local club level. But in saying that if you are coaching at state level you should be selecting those are going to best suit your team and i believe that this is on the forefront of state coaches. obviously if there are players from your home town or players that you have had alot to do with they will be fresh in your mind and you might be persuaded to pick them above someone you have never seen, but that is why there is always at least 3 other coaches that have input. dont bag coaches if you or your child doesnt make a state side, be proactive and ask the question why and find out what improvement needs to be done in order to make the squad.

Reply #99056 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

patto - you gonna be at the Training w/end at your local assoc this weekend?

Love to catch up for a quiet one.

Rueben Rodriguez

Reply #99059 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

ill be there mate. Theres a nurses cocktail night here this wkend....

Reply #99060 | Report this post

Kal  
Years ago

Who bagged a coach? Picking players from your own association or team that you know is an issue. The coaches should have no preconceived idea about who will be in the team prior to the first selection and that doesn't happen. Please don't accuse me of being a disgruntled parent you have no idea. Favourites of any coach - and they do exist, should still have the same rules as the rest of the team! Playing badly, shots off, turn overs up then sub don't give them large minutes waiting for them to fire up because of their last game.
Selecting state teams is hard and I wouldn't want to do it but don't think that all coaches are completely open minded at first selections. They are human.

Reply #99065 | Report this post

JAP  
Years ago

Matho seems to have a lot of people bagging him, but let me say this:

Ask him to give your son, your daughter, your next door neighbours kid extra coaching to improve their game. If he can fit it in he will; and he doent ask anything for it.

Matho doesnt suffer fools lightly, maybe thats why some peolpe get their "noses" put out of joint!

Of course coaches have their favorites. Look a bit closer, its normaly the kids that want to better themselves, not sit back on their reputations, that are favorites.

Reply #99182 | Report this post

john horgan  
Years ago

good onya JAP call it how it is like most parents that volunteer THEIR TIME they will always face unwarranted inuendo give MATHO a break and start appreciating his contributions. (FUNNY,THOSE THAT HAVE THE MOST TO SAY DO THE LEAST WHEN IT COMES TO HELPING)

Reply #99194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Those that help usually get their kids in, funny about that.

Reply #99195 | Report this post

john horgan  
Years ago

RE (99195) YOUR COMMENTS PORTRAY AND REFLECT THAT OF A PARENT PLAYING SPORT THROUGH THEIR CHILD AND REMANISSING YOUR OWN FAILURES POSITIVE ACTIONS HELP NOT NEGATIVE COMMENTS

Reply #99197 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

I know for a fact that Matho has had many players come and stay with him during the school holidays.

He and Geraldine have them stay with them and Matho gives them extra training!

Matho has also started getting children aged 5 - 7 involved in basketball in clinics at Naracoorte Stadium this year!

Right on the money JAP: "Ask him to give your son, your daughter, your next door neighbours kid extra coaching to improve their game. If he can fit it in he will; and he doent ask anything for it."

Reply #99208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Okay he's a gem, above reproach,He's never favoured certain players when better ones were on the bench, always had the best interests of all at heart and certainly never left superior talent on state benches to play certain ones. A great coach with an outstanding record at state and club and I admit I'm wrong.

Reply #99245 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:33 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754