Anonymous
Years ago

My day at the soccer

I went to the soccer (Adelaide United) for the first time ever today. I have been to the basketball for the past 4-5 years for most games and I must say that in the future I will probably choose the soccer as I found it better value for money and more enjoyable.

Topic #8801 | Report this topic

poodle  
Years ago

you disgust me

Reply #98983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poodle,

If someone has an opinion I don't know what your problem is.

Tickets for kids at the soccer is like $5 and $3 at the AFL, basketball is too expensive.

Reply #98984 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I also went with the person that posted that first message and I found it a bit boring even with all those goals.

I would prefer the basketball but will continue to give the soccer a chance as I must admit, it was great being outside and can imagine it being a great night out on a summers night.

Reply #98987 | Report this post

poodle  
Years ago

well that was my opinion so deal with it. personaly i rather marry a 80 year old women and watch her play lawn bowls for a whole year than watch one game of soccer.

PS. no not really i cant back that up
but soccer is lame and 80 year women are hot.

Reply #98988 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

poodle ill take you up on that bet! on friday night lets meet up in the city and go gilf hunting

Reply #98991 | Report this post

poodle  
Years ago

52-cans deal, i know this great RSL where all the girls hang out gramps showed me.

Reply #98993 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

adult ticked for soccer 2 years ago $10 last year $13 this year $19

Reply #98996 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

Why do you say it was so good, better value for money, more entertaining, better food etc?

Reply #98998 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

I like both - Bball is for my ADHD moments when i just want to see scoring much like AFL, but for sheer white knuckle tension you can't beat football (soccer) - why do you reckon the Euros and South Americans go bananas all the time... the smallest lapse in concentration or the smallest moment of genius can turn a game or a season - can't agree that they are both fine...

Reply #99000 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hmm...pay over $50 for a family of 4 (when you factor in food, drinks, petrol, car parking etc) to potentially see a NIL all result, get sunburned / frozen / heatstroke, or see a guaranteed result, live and exciting action, scoring on average once a minute or less, sit indoors...I know what I would prefer and call value for money. And I wouldn't find it in Hindmarsh.

Reply #99002 | Report this post

Stephen D  
Years ago

The reality is that basketball competes with soccer, AFL, netball, rugby, cricket and the list goes on and on.

Most sporting people can appreciate the skills involved in other sports.
We all have our prefernces.

Basketball authorities do need to take note what is happening out their. I believe that sports can learn from each other to improve the entertainment they deliver to the public.

We unfortunately do not have an endless supply of cash, so we must look at how we spend our money.

The competition for the spectators dollar is getting harder.
The 36's are experiencing that.

I love my basketball (soccer as well), but only have limited funds (and time) to spend on sport.

I do not think that I am alone.

Reply #99003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

scoring on average once a minute or less

Much less with the Sixers "D"...

Reply #99008 | Report this post

Farley Boys Rep  
Years ago

Well well well, as great as it is to see a basketball fan saying they enjoyed the soccer, i have to disagree. I have been playing soccer since i was 4 years old and basketball since i was 11. soccer is definately my favoured playing sport and when given a choice i would pick to play soccer over bball. BUT when given a choice to go watch adelaide united or adelaide 36ers.... .OBVIOUSLY I WOULD GO TO THE 36ERS.

Although the united games are great and i am by no means saying that they are no good to go see because that is untrue. The simple fact is that the dome shakes. and basketball is an intense sport that is constantly exciting. couldnt think of a better sport to go and spectate anywhere in australia although wouldnt mind goin to see a game of ice hockey.

THis coming friday night, adelaide united plays host to central coast mariners and adelaide 36ers host the wollonglong hawks. I know ill be at the dome in full voice as i have been every home game for the last 3 and a half years. But i seriously think that there will be a lack of people at both events due to the clashing times and dates. I am sure that it wouldnt be hard for the two associations to come together and try to ensure that soccer and basketball does not fall on the same evening, esepecially when both sports are trying to build supporters. dsont expect to see the dome filled friday night and same goes for hindmarsh stadium... a little dissapointing i think.

Reply #99013 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To all the basketball fans who are so one eyed that you don't rate soccer as an enjoyable alternative to basketball ( i love both ) 15,199 people will disagree with you.

And even though they lost on the weekend , come this Friday night, Im sure atleast 10,000 will front up.

Just wait till Romario arrives next month, the stadium full sign will go up very early i'm sure.

As far as pricing goes, 2 Adults and 2 children ( Gold seating ) cost exactly the same as 2 adults ( Gold seating ) Food and drink prices are roughly the same.

Reply #99018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just wonderin how many people turn up to a Melbourne Victory game coz they are having games scheduled at Telstra Dome and wondering why if they dont even need half of the stadium

Reply #99130 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

My family started to go to the soccer about 4 seasons ago.

We really started getting into it for the whole season and found it exiting (and very frustrating).

One night we were playing the Kinghts (I think) red/ white and blue.

The fans of this team that came over were only interested in picking fights and it was the ONLY time I have ever feared for my familys saftey at a sporting match, and we had not even called out to our team.

They attempted to light fires under the then new seats, bullyed and meneced anyone including the then cheer squad (made up of 12-15y.o kids)

To top it off we saw a police women 20mtrs away get king hit by one of these idiots. All this in our 1st season at Hindmarsh stadium.

We have never gone again.

I have been to the Powerhouse/Dome since the 1st game and in all of those years never encountered such barbarisim.

I sure it has changed, but Ill stick with our game. My duaghter can saftley walk the stadium with her freinds without fear of the thuggish behaviuor we witnessed that night.

One other thing that I notice at the B/ball. People dont tend to swear as they do at the footy or soccer.

Now why would that be ?

Reply #99178 | Report this post

Mufflover  
Years ago

The A-league is boring as batshit, that's why it had high attendances the first year (they had chepa tickets and gave away a lot) and has been declining again since as people realise it's the same standard as the NSL no matter what you name it.

Reply #99464 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Magpie, I would say that the atmosphere and general attitude at the soccer has changed completely. There is a more carnivale atmosphere now, and those fights you spoke of I believe were directly related to the fact that clubs were ethnic based, and that is no longer the case with United.

I have been attending United games quite regularly and really enjoy it. Where else can you get a quality yiros and a beer and take it to your seat? And the Land of Promise is just a stone's throw away.

Reply #99469 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:11 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754