Tce44
Years ago

Brad Hill - our saviour?

There are so many posts that say give brad more court time, brad is the future of the 36ers etc.

Is he really that good?

I have no doubts he could be a solid player in the coming years but is he really going to be our number 1? Is he going to ever be good enough to replace Brett? I have my doubts.

Topic #8813 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

right now, he's our only hope !

Reply #99136 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Trouble is that we can't make that decision because he doesn't see the minutes.

Reply #99137 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Doesn't matter, you'll only see him visit the Dome once, maybe twice a year from 2007 onwards anyway!

Reply #99140 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he's our best chance from the current crop of what's available in SA.

Look at his first season in the league in 2005 - 9 PPG at 41% shows that he can contribute.

Reply #99143 | Report this post

Matt W  
Years ago

the force is strong in this one...

bad joke

Reply #99144 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

He is a very good prospect and a terrific athlete.
As he plays more minutes he will learn to make better decisions and his game will improve.
I think he could very well be a leader of this team in the next4-5 years.
Its more of a mental toughness and awareness issue IMO, and these can be helped by coaching. Something he may be lacking a little of right now.
I have it on good authority that Cattalini used to get stuck into Jacob Holmes a lot when he wasnt switched on and making the right decisions at training - i wonder if Brad has someone like that who can point him in the right direction and also push him when required at the 6ers?

Reply #99146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just a query....i always see IMO and dont know what it means. Could someone help me out?? Sorry

Reply #99151 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

In My Opinion...

Reply #99154 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I hope Brad stays, and understands the role he is meant to be playing at the moment. You dont come in as a 2nd year and expect to be taking minutes off Maher and Farley.

He will be an awesome player with more exposure, but could he run the game for the 36ers next season? No.

If Maher goes, which is a possibility, we would want to recuit a good guard from elsewhere. Mee is now naturalised, and has always expressed a desire to return to Adelaide to finish out his career. With KB now in the coaching stable, that is a good scenario to happen. Sign Mee for 2 years, with Hill seeing more exposure. I see that scenario (or another like it with a decent quality guard) working well, if Hill can be patient and understand he isn't going to get a situation like Newley.

Reply #99155 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Anon - when in doubt, check www.urbandictionary.com - great place to work out what the hell is going on when people use IMO, FWIW, TANSTAAFL, or to understand the net-only memes like PWNed, !!11ONE1!!, etc.

Reply #99156 | Report this post

Dribbler  
Years ago

Has lots of talent; just has to learn when to drive, when to dish.

Reply #99167 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

From what ive heard would help if he could turn up to airports and practices on time as well. Might help his court time ;)

Reply #99170 | Report this post

PPDO  
Years ago

Kid has a lot to offer. I have seen him do amazing things with his talent that some people didnt think was possible. Maybe needs new direction or new motivation. Hate to see him go, but some how i dont think he will emerge as a professional under Smyth.

Reply #99174 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

from what i have seen he can get it done, just a shame it was all in his first game.

he needs to be in the rotation now ratehr than Darren. Ninj is a legit player but is he committed to the game long term as Hill is?

Brad Hill needs more minutes.

Maybe it is a good thing for Oz basketball that Newley and Jingles aren in the sixers as they too would be lost deep on the bench rather than being showcased to the league and the world elsewhere.

Reply #99177 | Report this post

Farley Boys Rep  
Years ago

Would love to see his turnover count in 2005/06 hehe

Reply #99183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its just amazing that he is as quick as he is, with such good handles.... and he is 6'7"!

But he will ride pine all year and leave next season.

Reply #99196 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think he has many fans, but if he worked on his decision making, and did some more work in the gym, he might earn some minutes, but I have gotten tired of seeing him waste opportunies.

Reply #99199 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

" dont think he has many fans, but if he worked on his decision making, and did some more work in the gym, he might earn some minutes, but I have gotten tired of seeing him waste opportunies. "

Anon that is a bit harsh i think . Its not like he has been playing 30mins /game. He is still very young -he'll come on .

Reply #99202 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

How tall is the kid??? I have seen contradictory measurements - on the Sixers site (6'4" - pretty sure this is the right one) and BA (6'7") - which is he???

Reply #99221 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I would say 6'4".

Reply #99224 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6'7 ? lol He is nowhere near that......

Reply #99227 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

6'3 - 6'4

Reply #99233 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

He'd be 6ft5 I reckon. I'm 6ft4 and he had at least an inch on me. He is deceptively tall, much taller when you are up close.

Reply #99238 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he's 6'6 on any day

Reply #99240 | Report this post

TK  
Years ago

6'4" no shoes. Makes him a tweener (PG 2 guard)needs to work on his handle otherwise the import PGs will pick his pocket all the time. I think his best spot will be the 2 guard.

Reply #99250 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

skyhook - thats my point - he is still young and still needs to develop his game, yet people reckon he will walk because he isnt playing mega minutes.

I can't work some people out.

Reply #99257 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Yogee, I think what they are saying is he won't develop without minutes. I think you are both right - he's not ready to run the team, but ready to play 15-20 a night.

Reply #99262 | Report this post

old timer  
Years ago

And if he doesn't get those opportunities regularly, he will find another team where he does.

Dont worry, people can't work you out either Yogee .

Reply #99277 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Yogee, I think the point is that he is getting no minutes. No one wants him playing 30 mins a game, but I don't think it's unreasonable to play him 15-20.

Not sure how the Perth game panned out, but when you are losing by that much, why not change things up and run Hill a bit more?

Reply #99308 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I'd much rather see Brad play 30 minutes a game, than Copeland play at all.

Reply #99312 | Report this post

igotmadskills  
Years ago

I second double clutch. Copeland was 1 of 8 on wednesday. brad could have done better than that, I could have done better than that. Copeland rushed everything and had some terrible decision making. Brad could have potentially dribble Penetrated to create some easy shots which the sixers lacked. Transition baskets would have helped out a bit. brett is a shooting guard not a point guard let other run the point..

Reply #99321 | Report this post

Davo  
Years ago

just from what i have observed: when brad does penetrate, rather than create an easy shot for a team-mate, he is prone to making poor decisions. IMO this needs to improve for him to become a significant contributer to the team.

Reply #99326 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hmm....I dont think Brad could have done better last Wednesday, considering he wasnt playing due to gastro.

Reply #99328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brad is 5 6

Reply #99361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know for a fact that brad is 6 6 it says he is 6 3 on nbl site but that information would have only been right 3 years ago maybe

Reply #99363 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:59 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754