Anonymous
Years ago

Time for the Pigs to fold?

This game looks shocking on Fox, I would doubt there is 2000 people there. Last year they had some games under 1000.

Topic #8830 | Report this topic

Jasmine  
Years ago

With the exception of the Breakers-Dragons game, so far every game Fox has shown has had dismal crowd numbers. The game in Canberra was the worst. Thousands of empty seats don't look good on TV.

I guess the Dome did look kinda full.

Reply #99385 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

It looks terrible, cheapens the league IMO. The Pigs are due for on court fortune, so surely things will turn around just a little for them, thats sport right? The atmosphere looked electric/feral when they played the 6ers in that game 2 win in the GF. The potential is there.

With numerous empty seats at Fox games, im wondering if showing the game live on tv into the host city is a good idea. 1 hour delay could make a big difference in attendance numbers

Reply #99415 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Wednesday night game anyone. Remember 36 vs Kings (game 1)?

Reply #99416 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Nino - I dont even think a 1 hour delay would make that much difference to the attendances, If the game is telecast in the home town on the same night as it is actually played I imagine a lot of people would just stay home and watch on TV.

I doubt that there is anything that can be done about it now anyway as it would all be tied up in the Fox contract

Reply #99422 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Nino, I don't think the pigs are going to get any on court fortune with that line up. Their offence looked terrible last night and they were bullied inside. They;ll struggle this year big time. Dia will help though I guess, and he's a bit of a fan favourite

Reply #99442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 6ers game had a bad crowd for the sixers but average for most teams..... i didnt like the Taipans v Razors or Dragonms kings game, both for crowd and the games just lacked the intensity and spark most NBL games have..... Breakers v Kings and Taipans vs Crocs should be crackers comming up!

Reply #99473 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Remember it was their first game of the season. No room for publicity either with the sydney kings around.

Reply #99507 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:42 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754