Bizzy
Years ago

Breakers v Kings (May Contain Spoilers)

With tip-off due in about 10 mins. What are people's thoughts on how the Breakers will go against the Kings.

For me the Breakers will get up by about 8. I hope Powell brings the same energy he had in the first game. With the Kings missing Crosswhite I think Pepper and Powell will have a field day.

Thoughts?

Edit: Kings are also without Smith.

Topic #8838 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Breakers for me by 12. Whethers to score 30. Elliot to score around 25.

Reply #99503 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

I don't know who'll win, but God that BG timeout quoted in the paper today was inspiring.

In a HoopsSA first, I got BG's pre-game piped through from the changerooms in NZ:

(To be delivered in that unmistakeable Goorjian twang)

"Hey, we gotta come play today. Brad, you need to switch it up and get that thing happening.

EJ, on our sets, turn the corner and take the thing to the rack.

First time down the floor, we're in flow. Be long in defence. Make sure on post feeds there's eyeball to eyeball contact.

On defense, we move and we hustle. We crash the glass and then we run. These guys will want to grind it out - we don't want that. We have to run and make this thing up-and-down.

Hey: we play hard today, we take care of this thing, and we go home. Kings on 3: 1, 2, 3 KINGS."

I know there's International Speak Like A Pirate Day, but surely we can get an International Speak Like Goorjian Day up and running too. :)

Reply #99504 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oscar off to a great start

Reply #99506 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

you can listen at http://www.radiosport.co.nz/

Reply #99508 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

12 points with 2:49 left in the first, including 2 3's.

Reply #99509 | Report this post

box me out  
Years ago

ThankGod i didnt trade him. Very close to, but i had to get rid of my West Sydney Centre who ended up not playing this season >_>

Now if only Aaron Olsen can start contributing... and ooh.... i dunno... maybe beat the -4 he got me last week?

Reply #99511 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

BG moved his timeout into the middle of the court, cause there is a group sitting right behing the kings bench blowing horns and he couldnt hear anything.

Reply #99512 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

Apparently Brian Weathers has a broken nose and may not continue.......

Reply #99522 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

cLaRkY,

Apparently Wethers came back towards the end of the 2nd Q & is fine.

Reply #99523 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

how long is the break..?

Reply #99525 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

10mins remaining in the 4th quarter....

78 - 69 the kings lead

Reply #99532 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

kings up 2 with 1.17 left.

Reply #99536 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Good to see the NBL site is Ruetered again...

Reply #99537 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

kings up by 5 with 10 secs left..unfortunately they will win!

Reply #99538 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

**SPOILER**

Kings take it by 5....
Final Scores:
99-94

For NZ:
Wethers had 25 points 7 boards
Powell had 20 points 8 boards
Forman had 12 points 4 boards

For Sydney:
Rowland had 30 point 5 boards
Barlow had 13 points 6 boards
Kendall had 13 points 3 boards

Reply #99539 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Bizarre.

www.nbl.com.au is giving me the Reuters website. Just nbl.com.au goes to the normal nbl website...

Reply #99540 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Slow start by both Breakers imports, and then 26 in the final quarter between them.

Perfect start by Oscar and then either was getting the ball in the wrong spot (out off the 45 guarded by Sheridan) or was camping open on the three but the Breakers were dumping it inside.

Vukona's defense was excellent, especially in that last Breakers fight-back.

Rowland - can't believe the Kings would've been thinking about sending him home - another game-winning performance - 10/15 FG from a little guard is pretty amazing.

Disappointed that the Breakers couldn't either hold a lead or claw it back, but they couldn't string together the stops. Oh well.

Reply #99585 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:23 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754