sixersfan
Years ago

Sixers vs United

Will be very interesting to see the crowd tonight! I've had season tickets since the Powerhouse come Dome opened in 1992 and last week's crowd was the worst I think I've ever seen for a regular season NBL match.

If I was a sport fan, but not affiliated with either sport, I know which game I would go to, the Adelaide United one. I don't think I've even heard the sixers game be advertised at all, whereas the United game is being pumped up massively on Nova or SAFM, I forget which one.

I'm not trying to bag the NBL, I really hope this FTA deal etc can get the NBL back on its feet, I just think we should probably take some hints from the A-League and implement a few of their ideas.

I'm off to see the Sixers hopefully win in front of hopefully a big crowd!

Topic #8857 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I chose the soccer tonight, not as good a crowd as Monday, I would say around 8k.

Reply #99740 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

official united attendance figure was 10,453

Reply #99743 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

4,500 or close to that mark at the dome tonight

Reply #99744 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

4421 official.

Reply #99762 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

nice call thomo

Reply #99800 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

pure arse of which i have lot of

Reply #99824 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Improvement on last game - shame the team couldn't get the win to make it a great night after the $10k shot as that would've been perfect. Tough game against the Bullets coming up, but hopefully people show to see Dusty's return to Adelaide, Bradtke if he plays, etc.

Reply #99841 | Report this post

Years ago

It'd be good to just be able to spontaneously decide to go to a Sixers game one day. However, due to no advertising, you never know when the games are on! At least with United, you will hear an ad on the radio or see one on television, so you can make the decision to go on the day.

Reply #99844 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

soccer has $$$

BB has Nudda

Reply #99862 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:02 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754