Isaac
Years ago

Funny Milestone: 10,000 Hoops SA posts

Sometime during the day (Monday, October 11th) Hoops SA passed the 10,000 posts mark (the total count of topics and replies).

Thanks to everyone for being involved since June 14 when I got it online for the first time (here's the first topic).

From a standing start, we've averaged over 80 posts a day (around 120/day more recently). To everyone who posts or just reads from time to time, thanks for being involved!

Hopefully the site retains its usefulness to basketball players, coaches, fans, parents and referees in the future.

Topic #888 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

Congratulations Isaac on reaching this wonderful milestone with your site. The popularity of it and continual use by many basketball fanatics is testament to the quality of this site. Thanks for all the time and effort you put into it to make it a current and reliable source of information.

Reply #9661 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

So who is the lucky person to win the car then?

I know the prize for the 10,000th post is a 76 Leyland Marina so some may not necesssarily want it but it is the thought that counts!

The numbers tell the story of how bball fans in SA like to be treated.

Reply #9662 | Report this post

Pooooz and Weeeez  
Years ago

(Mod: This post is not available.)

Reply #9685 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Confidentiality was requested of what was discussed at the meeting.

Our contract was not renewed prior to that event.

Reply #9687 | Report this post

Walks and Talks  
Years ago

Keep up the GREAT work isaac. Top stuff.

Reply #9958 | Report this post

Hackam Hacker  
Years ago

Poooz and Weeez,

I think you'll find the reason the old site was canned was because of a small group of idiots who abused there right to have a say. In particular those who posted there opinion under someone elses actual name.

Congratulations on the milestone goes to all those who use this site in a positve manner.

To those who use "nicknames" and bait posters who use there actual names. Validate your opinion by using your real name.

Reply #10260 | Report this post

hopeless  
Years ago

nothing wrong with using nicknames for posts.

isaac and the other mods know who we are

not all are referee's i am certainly not and i have at times posted under my name.

and what makes you think that a forum like this is any different than real life where people spread rumours by gossip and innuendo. that can be done is so many different and insidious ways.

people will be people, coaches will sometimes blame players for losing a game...ie if she/he didn't shoot the ball at that time, if she/he hadn't made that turnover, referees will some divert criticism from themselves. players will blame coaches or other players for their mistakes.

parents will blame all in sundry but their own children

we ALL like to be shown in a good light..the only difference with this type of forum it is up on screen and read by more quicker than by phone, text message, email or simple word of mouth.

foolish to think any different the game and the attitudes haven't changed in the 35 plus years i've been involved only the medium of exchange has.

Reply #10261 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754