SAC
Years ago

Country Coaches Appointed

What do people think of these?
Paul Salter back in the game.
Ex Forestville Junior.

2007 State Team Program - Coaches

SA Country Basketball is pleased to announce the appointment of coaches for our 2007 State Team program which includes the Country Cup tournament in January 2006 and the 2007 Australian National Junior Championships.

The coaches appointed are as follows:

Under 14 Girls

Head Coach-Peter Seebohm

Head Coach-Andrew Lee

Cadet Coach-Grace Allen

Under 14 Boys

Head Coach-Lachlan Griffiths

Head Coach-Peter Todd

Cadet Coach-Dillon Millard

Cadet Coach-Bill Wilson

Under 16 Girls

Head Coach-Trevor Semmens

Assistant Coach-Graeme Semmens

Assistant Coach-Trudy Ireland

Cadet Coach-Jenna Coombes

Under 16 Boys

Head Coach-Shona McKeen

Assistant Coach-Judi Prosser

Assistant Coach-James Murphy

Under 18 Women

Head Coach-Glenn Mathieson

Assistant Coach-Stephen Patterson

Assistant Coach- Jenny Herbert

Assistant/Cadet Coach- Ebony Curwood

Under 18 Men

Head Coach-Paul Salter

Assistant Coach-Mike Rogers

Assistant Coach-Kym Hammond

Congratulations to all coaches appointed.

Topic #8882 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is Shona McKeen currently coaching?

Reply #99981 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should be:

Boys:

U14: Wilson

U16: Kelton

U18: Salter

Good luck SAC, lets not see another year blown.

Reply #100015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Deliverance revisited!

Reply #100031 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are these jobs for life or does it just seem that way........
In the girls, 14's okay but the rest,forget it. New blood or not tainted blood please!

Reply #100049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

100049 as far as I can see the head coach in EVERY age group has changed as from last year. There are plenty of coaches that it is their first year as a coach, and others that have only been 1 or 2 years. You obviously have a personal issue with one or more of the coaches selected. I suggest you go to the local supermarket and buy a tissue box.

Reply #100110 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

explain tainted blood #100049!! and as #100110 saod the rest have been shuffled about and a lot of new blood there. Any chance you might be brave enuff to post your name? I doubt it.....

Reply #100152 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

oh, and to reply to #99981, she is running the show in Pt Lincoln and has got them from non-existance to a club that is on the move.. not having a go just answering your question.

Reply #100154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shuffled, not new or the best.

Reply #100163 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

again another anon post with zero substance to it!!

Reply #100168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

running the show in Port Lincoln and moving them forward? How does that warrant being selected as a state coach!! going to be another long week for country!

Reply #100169 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

another anon #100169 you obviously dont know shonas credentials. I suggest you do your homework!! Also realise what hard work it takes to get an association up and running in terms of development. Obviously you have no idea. Anyone that can do this is well deserving of a state gig!! get of the grass nitwit!!

Reply #100173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Patto there is a huge difference from running an organisation like Pt Lincoln to coaching at a national championships!!! and thats the truth

Reply #100181 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SAC is run exactly like Port Lincoln.

Reply #100182 | Report this post

Rueben  
Years ago

(#100015), (#100169), (#100181): Click here if you doubt the credentials.

Reply #100200 | Report this post

Dr Damage  
Years ago

Sounds like she's bloody hard worker to me.
I was on th3e west coast last week and saw some games.
Ceduna has a team going to the States next year.
Arden herr is at Streaky Bay and developing players as well.
A couple of years and they may be more competitive at country champs.

Reply #100206 | Report this post

who really knows  
Years ago

Shona's understanding and reading of the game and players and ability to get the best out of them is brilliant and maybe if it had not been for a nasty person Shona may have been in the corner for Under 18 Girls last Nationals and the "Dream Team" might not still be dreaming and under achieving as they did. Rotating Coaches from one group to another is not necessarily the answer those poor girls that will now have Matho for another year ouch! That said did SAC get better applicants? It seems a closed circuit to me and who would apply to break into that group?

Reply #100236 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And I thought the blurb off the website said she was with the 16 boys last year, not 18 girls? What, if anything, did she do?

Reply #100241 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matho is living proof that if you drink with the pres it pays off. If country are to improve at state level they need to take some risks with younger, more intuitive coaches with no baggage.let's face it , the results couldn't get much worse even if Patto did it.

Reply #100301 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

cheeky sod!!

Reply #100306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#100301) - 8 of the 18 coaches listed (to the best of my knowledge) would be around 26 or younger. If that's not close to the right mix of old and new, what do you suggest?

Damned if you do and damned if you don't

Reply #100307 | Report this post

ANON  
Years ago

(#100301)Not sure how much younger you want to get? - 50% of this years coaching appointments are under the age of 26 (most under 23!!) Although most of them are in support roles SAC seem to be underpinning their program well for the next few years. Good luck to the appointed coaches for 2007.

Reply #100308 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:54 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754