EC
Years ago

Sixers Vs Bullets - What are our chances?

After 2 consecutive home losses, what do people think about our chances this Friday against the Bullets. With a lineup of C.J. Bruton, Ebi Ere, Sam Mackinnon, Dusty Rychart, Mark Bradtke, Stephen Black, Mick Hill, Dillon Boucher, Cameron Tragardh and Adam Gibson, its enough to send shivers down your spine.

The Sixers have not yet gelled as a team. They have lost to lesser teams than the Bullets. It makes you wonder how long it is going to take for them to gel. How much of the season do they need to throw away before they start playing as a team? Will there be enough of the season left to make up your losses and make the playoffs? Its going to be a long season ahead.

Topic #8884 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Buckleys, if they play like the last couple of weeks.

Will Maher be playing?

Reply #99973 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Always a chance.

I didn't expect them to be leading the Hawks after three-quarters without Maher and they were.

But this will be the best outfit they've played all season.

Reply #99974 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

No chance.

You can't win games when you think DE-fence is the thing that goes around DA-house!!

Reply #99984 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

I'll be curious to see the odds on this weeks game.

Reply #99985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NOt a snowflakes chance in hell

Reply #99986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sack farley and bring in a real point guard so mahersy can step back to his natural two, and we'll be laughin. maybe horvath might see the ball then.

Reply #99989 | Report this post

Maurice White  
Years ago

If they can get that dude who made it from half-court their a chance.

What was his name? Does anyone have the shot on tape?

Reply #99992 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

Matty Hill hit the shot. Couldn't have happened to a nicer bloke.
Very funny Fiji, I like it!

Reply #100003 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

EC...the Sixers don't stand much of a chance against any quality team as long as they continue to

1 Play zero perimeter defence
2 Refuse to aggressively go after lose balls
3 Run an anal retentive offence
4 Have scorers masquerade as facilitators while facilitators attempt to be scorers for large chunks of the game
5 Have horrible spacing and passing into the post after the second quarter
6 Have an inconsistent and destabilizing rotations (this aspect I have more patience with, but you would like to see improvements very soon)

Anon#99986...The Sixers won a title with the Maher-Farley back court combination. There is nothing wrong with Maher running the point. Getting an import 1 guard and moving Maher to the 2 spot will offer no guarantee of a better offence. It certainly didn't work when Charles Thomas was the 1 and Maher the 2.

Reply #100010 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

yeah, but CT wasn't exactly the pass first point guard that we were expecting, was he ?

Reply #100017 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who would you rather in the team this year? Charles Thomas as he was playing last time he was here or Willie Farley as he's going in 06/7?

Reply #100020 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

Farley by a streak. Thomas had some fair stinkers in his last season.

Reply #100026 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Melvin Corpuscle...that is kind of my point. Simply getting an import 1 and moving Maher to the 2 isn't necessary going to fix anything. It could infact be a backwards move.

Anon(#100020&I would take Farley without hesitation. Farley's two games at The Dome (the only two I have seen this season) rank as rather ordinary by Farley's standards, but they would have been fairly decent games for Thomas in 2003-04. He had some flat out nightmare games that year.

Reply #100029 | Report this post

Tim  
Years ago

Wheels has generally been able to negate Bradtke....Will need a bloody long bit of rope if he has to do it from the bench!

Reply #100030 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Just leave Nash on the bench, that will improve us by at least 15 points.
What an abolute no threat this guy continues to be to other teams, while opposition small forwards simply destroy us!

Reply #100038 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Hey, I would hate to be seen as purely a Mark Nash basher and as soon as he plays a good game, I will certainly post my apologies accordingly. However, I do not expect to be bothered with that responsibility.

Reply #100043 | Report this post

Campbell  
Years ago

of course we have a chance....
cant believe im reading this!!

where is your faith?
i know we have had barry crocker of a start to the season but you cant honestly say we dont have a chance of getting the win friday night at home.

its gotta start with some nasty ass defence. i dont care if we are in the foul limit 2mins in , no one is to get an and 1 like they did early last week. im not won for being dirty but we have to be brutal towards them... show some heart and dive on loose balls, i dont care if we dont come up with possesion but it just might inspire one of your teamates to do the same thing, chuck a couple of elbows and see what happens.

i just want the boys to show some heart and play like the way we know they can. man, its been frustrating watching them( especially without pale ale on tap, potsy take note)but i wont sit back and let our fans say we dont have a chance of winning this week .......bring on mick hill!!!

Reply #100125 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

According to the Brisbane Website Bradtke is going to sit out the Adelaide game. Black is due back but lacks a bit of fitness which will definitely show in a game. That still leaves though the task of minimizing players such as McKinnon, Ere and the Pie cart. From memory doesn't McKinnon normally play bad at the Dome, definitely well below his average anyway.
I'm sure Dusty will be out to have a good game agaisnt us and will be familiar with the court.
I think contain 2 of three of these guys and we will still be in with a chance with or without Maher.

Reply #100251 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I remember watching Dusty at the Dome. After the first half, not a bad game, then you look at the scoreboard and Dusty has 17 points.

Where the hell did they come from?

That's the thing with Dusty, he just gets it done, no showtime, just consistancy.

Reply #100255 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:53 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754