Campbell
Years ago

no beer on tap!! no bratwurst!! no wins..

as one of a large number of sixers fans who enjoy a beer while watching the game, i am dissapointed at the lack of BEER ON TAP .they have coopers in a can on offer but thats like going from winning most home games to not winning any(no ones down with it). for the pre season game vs perth there was beer on tap.
first game, none.
second game, none..
third game.........?

i know a new catering company has taken over, but thats no excuse. there was all off season to work out catering and issues.

bratwurst!! i thought i'd add that too, coz i miss that aswell. wins , yep miss them also.

anyone else feeling my pain???

Topic #8896 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

hey at least it's coopers.. Could be worse, it could be west end or dare I say it... VB!!

Reply #100147 | Report this post

Graeme LeBroy  
Years ago

VB is quality!!! I'd be in trouble if the dome had VB on tap

Reply #100162 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Could be even worse, could be XXXX!

Quick Joke:
Why do Queenslanders call their beer XXXX?

Cause they are too stupid to spell beer!

Reply #100187 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

No beer on tap at the Lightning game on Sat nite as well.

I LOVE my Coopers, but Dr Tims is CRUD. Bring back the Pales on tap!

Please, please, please, XXXOOOXXX

Reply #100189 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Do not complain unless you know ALL the ins and outs. Previous caterers left the place a complete filthy shambles, and new people had VERY LIMITED time to get set up and running.

Reply #100190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon 100190 - why arent I surprised at that - those old caterers were damn awful.

OP - I cant believe you liked the bratwurst - I had one - and then I had it again the next day - it wasnt even hot (temp)

Reply #100195 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

From what I hear they also got rid of the NACHO'S!!!!!!

Reply #100229 | Report this post

MS  
Years ago

Sturty......wasnt it Queenslanders that employed you?

Reply #100230 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Nope!

Reply #100238 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Bloody Victorians.........

Reply #100239 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Lets see.. its Groves we are talking about.. so Surely XXXX is a look-in.. then of course there will be sweat-shop toddlers working at the tills and a cut-down on anything that can be considered beneficial to the spectators while trying to appear like everything is great.

Oh.. while we are there he may as well break some legislative rules and employ controlled auditors to cover it up.

YAY

ShaneD

Reply #100261 | Report this post

Campbell  
Years ago

time to smuggle your own beer in.

Reply #100295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

(#100190) Hey they do it in pubs & clubs every few days. Its called cleaning the lines.

I have had a "little" experiance at it and could get in there and clean em up in a day.

Its Coopers product that is suffering. It takes a call to the brewery to fix the problem.

If the Pales are not flowing freely from the taps on Friday nite then add it to your top bball conspiricy theorys because its not that big of an issue that could not have already been solved.

If there are no Pales on tap on
this next match then we have all had our last Coopers in the Dome.

DR TIMS IS CRUD BUT I WOULD RATHER DRINK IT THAN ANY OF THE OTHER CATS PEE THAT OTHER BREWERS CALL BEER.

Reply #100302 | Report this post

Axeman  
Years ago

(#100302)for the record that post was mine.

Reply #100303 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ah, those old caterers; another thing for our old marketing group to put on their ever expanding resume!

Reply #100309 | Report this post

Campbell  
Years ago

#(100302) you said it mate.

please i hope somebody with the authority reads this and does something about it.

Reply #100313 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

The three heads of three major brewing companies (XXXX, CUB, and Coopers) sitting at the bar.

The GM of Four Ex orders a schooner of XXXX bitter and when the drink arrives takes a big swig.

Next the CEO of CUB orders a VB and when the drink arrives takes a massive pull on that one.

Next up the Coopers GM orders a pint of lemon squash and when the drink arrives he takes a sip.

All of a sudden the other two brewery chiefs say:
'whats going on? you don't like real drinks?

The Coopers GM replies, well if you guys aren't going to drink beer nor am I!!

Reply #100322 | Report this post

Qlder  
Years ago

You boys in the land that time forgot,should be used to not drinking at sporting events by now.

What a joke footy park is!

Reply #100430 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:10 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754