Jonno
Years ago

Steven Leven

Hi, just saw a rumour on the OZhoops forum, about Leven, he apparantly has been cut by the wildcats and spoken to Adelaide, like i said only a rumour on a forum, but if this was true what do people think, do they want Leven as a 36er??? I wonder whose spot he would take, if hes half as good as people say he is, i think he would be a good pick up, and a young player aswell, but i wouldnt want him at the expense of minutes for Brad Hill though

Topic #8911 | Report this topic

Kwest  
Years ago

I had never even heard of the guy till the pre season game - and my one observation of him was that he was an arrogant prick who wouldnt be making too many friends among his teammates. I heard him shouting at veterans like Ronaldson and Redhage... probably not the best way to fit into a club as a rookie.

Although - maybe thats just what we need.. a bit of heart..

Reply #100348 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

He's leven, on a jet plane......

Reply #100350 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

We have enough guards and Leven is trouble - can't see Smyth touching him.

Reply #100352 | Report this post

Jazz  
Years ago

From the article in the Aussie BBall mag I got this week he sounds very talented. But yeah he may have a bit of baggage as well.
If Smyth and Co can help him focus he could be just what we need, a good backup PG.
2 players that can dribble under pressure would be good!!!!
Don't know how he would fit into the team line-up though. We already have 10 good players. So unless Leven or someone else only want to play home games.....

Reply #100355 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Is this the guy in this months Handle magazine, the dude with all the tatts?

Reply #100357 | Report this post

Jazz  
Years ago

Yeah that's him.
Played in a high-school team in the US with Amare (Suns), Diop (Dallas Mavs) and 6 other Div 1 college players. He made some bad college choices, he went to Auburn who then got sanctioned and couldn't play in the end of season tourney.
Transferred to Texas and then transferred somewhere else and got injured.

Reply #100362 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

He would be good for the Sixers.
Bit of heart, and probably wouldn't get beat on defence like Ng does. Plus would free up Hill from ball handling duties, maybe to play as a 2 or 3. If Phil plays him that is.....

Reply #100363 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

He will be like the Pero.

A played we may need in the future but not a player we want

Reply #100379 | Report this post

T-Bomb  
Years ago

He's leven, on a jet plane......

Sturty6ers, 11/10/06

don't know when he'll be back again!

Reply #100410 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sounds like he was cut as the Wildcats left for their roadtrip.

The suggestion is that he could be heading to the Dragons.

Reply #100414 | Report this post

twenty four`  
Years ago

Jazz, I'm not really sure Leven could fill the role of backup PG, he's more of a scoring 2-man from what I can gather.

Reply #100420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Leven will NOT be heading to the Dragons.

Reply #100422 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

OK, Pigs?

Reply #100426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

welcome to the forum Mark Price.

Reply #100427 | Report this post

Matt W  
Years ago

i think mark price has more to do with his time than scour the hoops forums...

he definately would give a few guys a shakeup... good or bad im yet to decide..

Reply #100434 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Maybe if we don't sign Steven Leven we could go after Rik Smits, Dwayne McClain or Arthur McArthur (the fat kid off Hey Dad)

Reply #100474 | Report this post

Ondrei  
Years ago

Ive played with Steven before throughout school and reps and have followed his progress throughout his career. Let me say that given the chance Steve would blow up in this League. I mean heres a guy from West Sydney throwing down half-court alleyoops and windmills during games. Not bad for a 17 year old and add the outside shot that hes developed overseas in the NCAA, guaranteed there is no 2 guard in the NBL that can guard him. Nuff said.

Reply #133578 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

fuck steve leven... eminem lookin try hard wit fag boy tatts, the guy could have been better if he didnt have such a bad attitude on him, theres gonna be better players comin up soon....dont waste time on him!!!

Reply #135414 | Report this post

Gamer  
Years ago

Man...Leven is a punk....when i played rep ball for Newcastle, I played against him..I had 18 on him & held him to 14 and he was nothin.Now i didnt go and demand to be added on the state team.now im lving in Perth, and when i heard he was on the roster, i knew it was bad news from day one..now obviously he has some skils..but he is a jerk...back in under 14's & 16's he was grabbing his balls at opponents parents and things like this...whats wrong with this dude.....he has some serious issues and needs to grow up...he looks tough & all that, but he needs to really take a spoonful of cement & really harden the f#@k up!

Reply #149865 | Report this post

daniel  
Years ago

Hands down our best pure shooting guard in all of the country. Plays with fire and has loads of ability. His problems very very childish and that come from his past but on talent no one is better at his position...

Reply #166017 | Report this post

Bec  
Years ago

listen steve is a great guy dont just judge him!!!

Reply #185810 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Let's all welcome Steve Leven's girlfrined Bec to the forum.

Reply #185813 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Sister maybe? I'm guessing she's U16.

Reply #185817 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Didn't stop people like Karl Malone Isaac.

Reply #185820 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:46 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754