thedoctor
Years ago

Stephen Jackson in trouble again

Haven't seen this posted yet. Jackson in fight/shooting. Charged with criminal negligence after firing a gun in the air outside a strip club at 3am - all during the middle of training camp!

With previous charges from the Pistons saga, could be in a bit of strife.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=2621509

Topic #8926 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

Isnt it funny the difference between here and the US. If you did that while at any sporting club in Australia be it Basketball, Football, Soccer, whatever. You would have you butt kicked out of the club and no other team would touch you.

Reply #100570 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Look harder!

http://hoops.com.au/sa/i.cfm/forumlist/8867/

Reply #100571 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

This is slightly new-er news in that Jackson has actually been charged, where as the police at the scene decided that he was the victim in all this and didn't arrest him.

The prosecuting district attourney in Indiana is facing re-election soon, so potentially stringing up one of the teams least popular players might help his cause.

Seems like Jax was abit more involved in the brawl that he first let out. Going to his car to retrieve a gun isn't a good move either.

Reply #100573 | Report this post

skyhook  
Years ago

MW .. you are a tool.

Reply #100595 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

MW might be a grouch, but I don't know that you can read attitude into "Look harder" - no fights, you two!

Reply #100606 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Nah, my bad. I hate double-posting too. I'll put myself in time out and write 100 lines

"I will not start new threads when a substantially simialr thread already exists."

Reply #100610 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Skyhook get a life you fuckwit.

Isaac, I'm a grouch??? lol

Reply #100671 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That's what I'm talking about!

Reply #100673 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

The trouble was with the title, thedoctor - I went for the sarcastic version when something like yours actually told readers what was going on. :)

Anyhoo, it looks like Mr Jackson's still in a world of trouble: latest happenings here.

Never a good sign if a story about you contains one or more of the following lines:

"was led away in handcuffs"
"already on probation"
"The criminal recklessness charge carries a prison term of six months to three years."

Reply #100733 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

You tell em Isaac

Reply #100860 | Report this post

Years ago

Jackson's club should sack him and refuse to pay him the rest of his contract ... then Jackson should retire ... he'll learn his lesson then.

Reply #101136 | Report this post

Knackers  
Years ago

I can see a new career on celebrity boxing for stephen Jackson, as long as he isn't allowed to bring a piece with him.

Maybe they will make him play in a russian develpment league for punishment, that would be hilarious

Reply #101428 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:35 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754