Kent Brockman
Years ago

Brett update

anyone heard anything?

Topic #8928 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

No, I was going to post the same thing earlier Kent...
Damn it he is my starting guard on sportel!!

Get well Brett, my team and the sixers need you!!

Reply #100607 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

FiveAA just announced that he is out of tomorrow nights game, that was all they said.

We could see the biggest home loss in history.

Reply #100611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is out of hospital, however will not be playing tomorrow night as his energy levels are still very low. He watched the team train and said that he is hoping to be fit for next weeks game.

Reply #100613 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Given the situation it is hardly a suprise that he won't play.

Friday night could be ugly, ugly, ugly! Did anyone see Brisbane's full court D last night against Townsville? I hope Smyth has the boys prepared.

Reply #100616 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah I watched that Jasmine, we could be in trouble unless we can counter that!
Hopefully Black is buggered after last night being his first run, wishful thinking I know....

Reply #100617 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Could be a harsh beating, but you never know - they've got Rychart guarding Horvath and Horvath will have a big height advantage.

After we did OK against the Hawks for three quarters, I'm reluctant to write us off - but then I'm being pretty optimistic.

I hope Ken Cole has been invited to deliver some inspirational words to the team - if not, why the hell not? I read the Talking Hoops recap and was inspired!

Reply #100618 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ummm, I wouldn't take everything Ken says as being totally.....lets say 'accurate.'

Reply #100621 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Same Isaac, I actually printed that out, some real good stuff there..
Maybe Phil may bring him in as a special assistant....

I think the Horvath vs Rychart matchup will be awesome to watch however I think we had better pump the ball inside every opportunity we can so Nick doesn't have 20 at 1/4 time and finish with 24!

Hopefully this is Willie's (sorry Will's) big break out game to start the season rolling...

COME ON BOYS!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #100622 | Report this post

I heard a rumour that Tanya isnt the only pregnant Maher in the family !!
Care to guess who the father is ...?

i noticed Brett has been dying his hair again this season - dont pregnant women do this around the time they are ovulating ??

theAwnser do you have anything to tell us ? Been afwully quiet !(deliberate sp. mistake)

Reply #100623 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Pregnant women don't ovulate!!

Reply #100634 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe that Ken Cole spoke to the Academy boys at training this morning and was very inspiring.
Say what you want about the man, but know there is probably no-one that comes close to him as a motivator, hopefully Phil has got him in to give the boys a rev up before the game.

Reply #100635 | Report this post

John wooden  
Years ago

I reckon Supercoach Ken King Cole was pretty accurate, but his comments were about the wider basketball world and should not have been construed as just being about the NBL.
Coach Wright will bring in a pressure defence, as it is their strength against one of our weaker areas.
Coach Smyth should blood Matty Sutton, who is in the squad as the 3rd point guard, and deserves the opportunity.

Reply #100637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is a 2nd point guard ?!?

Reply #100638 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

thing is black seems to have great games against us as well, quick release and a left hander its hard to stop.

Reply #100651 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I listened to the whole Talking Hoops program on Tuesday night and was absolutely in awe of what Ken Cole had to say. What immediately came to mind was why hasn't he made a comeback to the Sixers after his health improved. He could be the biggest asset the Sixers have since he left in the first place. I really hope Smyth has the good sense to get some advice from him. I have never met the man but I am looking forward to his introduction tomorrow night. This is one superb human being very deserving of a standing ovation. To Ken Cole, keep up your involvement in Basketball in which ever way you can, the sport will be much richer for it.

Reply #100658 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea, anyone could take advise from Ken Cole, i was very very impressed with what he had to say on Talking hoops, seemed to have a briliant basketball mind, yet with very simple philosiphies, pity he didnt coach the team for longer than 2 years really, that could have been a real dynasty!!

Reply #100667 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea, anyone could take advise from Ken Cole, i was very very impressed with what he had to say on Talking hoops, seemed to have a briliant basketball mind, yet with very simple philosiphies, pity he didnt coach the team for longer than 2 years really, that could have been a real dynasty!!

Reply #100668 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

we have a 1st point guard?

Reply #100702 | Report this post

"Pregnant women don't ovulate!! "

Mott - i know that.. i meant around the time he was "trying" to get pregnant ie earlier this season.
Studies have shown that when women reach that part of the cycle they tend to exhibit and preen themselves.

Reply #100711 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

brett was on 5aa tonight, he sounded shocking, said hes over the fever but is still low on energy and still conjested.

thinks he will be back by the weekend, he didnt believe ng would play tonight and this wast at 5pm said he was disapointed not to be part of it and stated the teams not going great but there not used to having so many bigs in the side and they had to adapt to it

Reply #100979 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:56 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754