Isaac
Years ago

Rychart in town, Bullets' 800th game, 1986 reunion

Hopefully we'll get a big crowd tomorrow.

The 36ers' third home game for 2006/07 marks the Bullets' 800th game in the NBL.

Dusty Rychart has arrived in Adelaide. Check the 36ers web site to see what he said when I asked him what reaction he was expecting from the fans.

And most importantly, the 1986 Championship team has been reunited to present to the crowd at half-time. Ken Cole and all the big names. These are the guys who lost just two games in an entire season (and barely lost those two!) - thoroughly dominated the league. It's a special moment in 36ers basketball.

When someone's asking "Where were you the night they got the whole 86 team back together?" at the pub in a few years, don't be the one saying "Ahh, I was at home on the couch because it'd been a long week at work and I didn't want to spend $45 to take my family to the game."

Get your kid to the game for just $7 and show them what some of the great names they've always been hearing about looked like and hear about what they achieved.

This is history!

Topic #8930 | Report this topic

RGP  
Years ago

Isaac: Is there anything happening prior to tip-off or only at half-time? Thanks

Reply #100626 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

There is a game between the 86 team and other former sixers players before the Sixers v Bullets game.

Reply #100656 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

The 86 team match starts at 5:45.

Reply #100685 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

I am ropeable I cannot make it but I hope to hear of a massive crowd and ofcourse an upset win by the sixers!

Reply #100686 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

That time would be impossible for many people. It would be good if the exhibition game were captured and made available on the 36ers web site for the people who can't get there at that time. It should be an interesting and entertaining match!

On a related topic:- I know of several people who had to give up their season tickets because they can't get to early games played on working days - they would miss 20 home games that are on Wednesdays or Fridays - or at least miss the entire first half.

I don't know if this is a significant factor in reduced attendances over the past year or two but it may be worth surveying the supporters.

Reply #100705 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Um, there are only 16 home games in total arent there?

Reply #100712 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

oops - that should have read 10, not 20!!!! ..and I thought I'd prood-read my response!!

Reply #100727 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

..or even proof-read (now that's ironic!)

Reply #100728 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

damn cant believe im missing this one, damn dinner plans damn u to hell

Reply #100851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i hope rychart kills them tonight!!!

Reply #100875 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:24 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754