Dribbler
Years ago

Refund please - not impressed

After 21 years as a season ticket holder, I want my money back. Tonight we witnessed another inept display from the coaching panel, turning a solid lead into a loss by terrible decision making. Mastro must be wondering what he has to do ; after points, steals & rebounds he warmed the bench while Copeland had a shocker, scoring zero points &doing little else. Enough is enough!

Topic #8950 | Report this topic

rebKell junkie  
Years ago

go to a lightning game - quality +++

Reply #100936 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Absolutely correct. Tonight's display was a disgrace. Copeland MUST be cut tomorrow. The guy is 40 years old, was 0-9 from the field with a couple of turnovers, and Smyth put him back into the game in the fourth quarter!

Nash, useless again. Adelaide will continue to lose each and every game so long as it continues to conceed the small forward position right from tip off.

Adelaide had a formula that was working in the first half: Horvath inside, Farley and Mastro stroking the j, they actually looked good. But instead of continuing with that approach in the second half, Nash comes back out to start, and Horvath doesn't see the ball for most of the quarter.

Wheeler and Cooper fought pretty hard and were not disgraced. Wheeler actually showed that he can still put the ball in the basket if given the opportunity.

From Smyth's perspective, another massive failure. Anyone who watched the first half should have known that Copeland should not have returned after halftime, but of course he was the first guy off our bench. Once the game was beyond saving with about 5 minutes to go in the last, Sutton and Dodman should have gotten a run. This way the crowd who did turn up would have been able to see something a bit different.

Again Smyth spent most of the game bitching about the refs, but when the Bullets were surging, he had no moves to make. He just sat there.

Pathetic.

Reply #100938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bloody shocking effort. Half hearted defence, not even basics like putting a hand up to shooters. No change in defence until it was too late and as Murtley rightly stated above, other than sulking to the refs, Phil's contribution to our loss included bad sub decisions and getting a tech when we least needed it.

What a waste of money - it is going to be a long season.

Reply #100940 | Report this post

billups1  
Years ago

now lets talk about the players performances after half time, first hlf their was a lot of energy good movement of the ball, good hustle and Horvath had 15 pts 10 rbs. After the half our defensive pressure was gone once Brisbane got a bit physical and none of the boys tood up to that pressure, that is not on especially for supporters who have been around the club since it began. I mean at least show some heart in defense and offense and defend the hits when you recieve them, dont just allow the oppostion to hack and bump you, hit them back and stand up for our proud club. God i am so frustrated after being in a winning postion to being blown off the court by a championship contender. Hill got minutes tonight but he bloody turned it over aat crucial moments of the game for us, Ng was obviously not 100 % and Farley did good up to half time but beacuse our offense had no movement and flow in the second half he was forced to throw up some uneccesary shots. We need Maher big time, not just for his scoring but for his SMARTS!!!!!!. Not one player on our team realised that Horvath was dominating once again and thought " Maybe I'll try a hard drive to the hoop and take some cntact and then ill dish the ball of to Horvath or Wheeler, Brisbane did it to us and it crucified us. We relied on our Wheeler and Horvath to back down players and at times try and put up a contested shot with 3 dfenders around him, this makes u bloody frustrated when you see Rhychart and Tragardh get easyshots under the basket with absolutely no defender around him beacuse of the drive and dish.

Apart from all that I will be back next week and for every other home game of the year. I will not just walk out oon these guys no way, I stick with my team, you guys that are saying your not coming back nest week or ever again should be ashamed, beacuse although you have supported the cllub since it's arrival into the league, you are definately being a very corageous and supportive supporter for walking out on them when the times are tough, you sguys should be ashamed of yourselves and can't really call yourself TRUE supporters of the club.

GOOOO SIXXEERRRRSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply #100944 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First and last time this season. Chooks without a head. Beer too expensive so there is nothing that will get me back.

Reply #100948 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Yes, once again another embarrassing performance by the sixers lead mostly by Smyth's mediocre coaching ability. Smyth not only are we facing a write of season but your job is now (or should be) in doubt, perhaps that will make you get out of your chair for a change.

I actually thought Smyth had finally got a clue because he actually put a good rotation on during the first half and hence the lead. Then in that second half he goes back to putting on the wrong players at the wrong time.

Words from the great man him self about the 3rd quarter which ultimately lost it for us
"They got more physical with us and we shied away from it so that was pathetic." That is very true and what did Smyth do when the bullets put this immense defensive pressure at the start of the 3rd which made our offensive very erratic? He puts on Copeland as the first sub who is probably the most erratic player of them all. Also he continued to persist with Nash in this quarter when he obviously struggles with physical play. Actually he just struggles completely.

I think we should all be thankful for that first half otherwise that would have been an absolute massacre. I dont mind losing by that much to a quality side such as Brisbane only as long as the guys put in 100% effort. However, tonight in that second half there was a massive lack of effort. Where is the pride and heart gone sixers!?

Some more great smyth coaching moments included continuing to foul when the game was well and truly over with 3 minutes to go. What was that going to prove? All it did was make the lead balloon out even more. Why not make a smart coaching move for a change and try to get something positive out of it like giving Sutton and Dodman a chance!!! At least the crowd would get some enjoyment out of it. Also the Sixers need a guard that could provide stability plus defensive pressure and perhaps Sutton could provide that so instill some confidence in him and give him a go!

Talking about confidence someone posted in another thread that Hill doesnt deserve the minutes after tonights performance. Well if you sit on the bench most the game and get barely any minutes and your coach has barely any confidence then you would also play poorly. He obviously had a bad game and looked indecisive like he lacked confidence. However I think if he didn't get blocked by Mackinnon on two great drives he would have had a much better game. Lets not write him off after one bad game when we have continued to persist with Nash's poor games for the last 3-4 seasons.

Perhaps I am being too critical but since I pay good money to see them play I believe I have the right to be.

On a positive note great to see Majstrovich continue to improve. Great work once again by Horvath and good to see Farley back to good form! Look forward to having Maher back next week we need him badly!

Reply #100969 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

true supporter stick by there side through the BAD times and the GOOD

so hand your ticket back clubs dont need bandwagon supporters any way, and if you rekon youve been a season ticket holder for 21 years ur even more pathetic, cause obvisouly its been token support at best

Reply #100974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go for the visiting team. it wont be such a waste of money then

Reply #100983 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

This is just one bad year, ever team has one.

Reply #100997 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Yeah good on you Thommo, just put your head in the sand pal, that will do us a lot of good. Any business has to accept criticism and learn from it and if you have no customers, you have no business. What we saw out there last night was simply unacceptable. The only players to at least show something were Farley, Mastro, Horvath and to some extent Wheeler (at least he looked agressive). And I could not agree more with King James about fouling with about 4 on the clock, what on earth was that all about? Did Smyth actually think we were still in it, or did he simply wish to inflict more pain on suffering spectators?!

Reply #100998 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

aint got the head in the sand and yeah im pissed with the team at present but not gonna hand my ticket back and those who do well simply cya later

every club and i mean EVERY club goes through bad times,

thats what supporting a clubs about your ride the bumps live through the shit times but at the end of the day you support your club but i guess thats a concept snipers like you dont comprehend

Reply #101002 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

clubs dont need bandwagon supporters any way
Wow, glad you ain't running the club Thomo!

Reply #101012 | Report this post

lockstock  
Years ago

100983 hahahahaha

Reply #101021 | Report this post

Kdog  
Years ago

36ers will win the championship

Reply #101155 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

4 to 6 weeks and they will be a different team?

Reply #101177 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Damn srtaight billups1!!!

Way to go!

Theses guys are pathetic supporters, walking out when times are tough. I tell you what, @ some stage the 6ers will turn this thing around and when they do the do the bandwagon supporters will come crawling back. You guys walking out on the sixers are a discrace and as far as im concerned, we dont need ya.

Reply #102215 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

If there were more supporters like thomo and billups1 this would be a much better ball club!

Reply #102216 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:11 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754