Anonymous
Years ago

Give hill more time u r joking

too many turnovers

Topic #8951 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Brisbane scored 10 points direct off of Hill turnovers.

There is no way he is ready to be playing 30 minutes a game.

Reply #100939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heading for a career on the bench

Reply #100951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the new j will?

Reply #100953 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

shut up man, everyone has bad games.

Hill is my idol

Reply #100960 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Not surprised his confidence is down.

Reply #100962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Unfortunately Brad Hill had an absolute shocker of a game tonight. Far too many turnovers at important stages of the game, and he just looked like he was forcing everything. You could tell by his body language that he was disappointed in the way that he was playing, especially when he was standing in the timeouts... he just had his head down the whole time. Hopefully he improves his game over the next week or two, because i cannot see him being much help to us this season if things dont change.

Reply #100966 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

1 minute hes the saviour next hes the devil, give the kid a break, i would rather see him givin the minutes then a 40yr old future hall of famer making first year development player mistakes

Reply #100970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

his body lang is average best of times.....

Reply #100978 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i still think hill, when he played well in stages, was better than ng

Reply #101000 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Other posts hit it on the head.

Was flying high after good games last season, then gets benched for most of this season.

No confidence = no hill.

Should have been ahead in the rotation.

Reply #101003 | Report this post

What the  
Years ago

Copeland was 0 of 9 from the field for the night.
Say no more

Hill must get more confidence from the coaches

Reply #101006 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's worth realising that at nearly every point of the game, he was pressured by some very tough defense.

As with others, I'd rather see him battle out there than Copeland. More hope for the future, more ownership of a local player.

Reply #101009 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

to develop he has to make those mistakes and learn from them but at the moment he has not been given the minutes. Also he might be forcing it due to him thinking he has to do it all in a few minutes as he get taken off after small stinks while copeland stinks the place up for long periods.

Reply #101033 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

This season Brad is shooting just 23% having made 3/13 and only one of those was from outside the arc so he should be shooting better than that.

His assist to turnover ratio is 2/7 and that is not good enough for someone that is a combo guard.

So basically if he is a point guard in the making he needs to learn to control the ball and if he is a shooting guard he needs to learn to shoot.

Reply #101044 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

reckon australias best point guard in smyth ever works with him 1 on1 to help develop his skills ?

Reply #101046 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

I would hope everyone on the 36ers is given some 1 on 1 work outs.

Reply #101047 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well thet dont give 1 on 1 work outs

Reply #101048 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

If that's the case then that's pretty sad. I'd be interested to know if that really is the case.

Reply #101049 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it really is the case.

Reply #101059 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

Maybe that's something that needs to be put to Phil to get an answer.

Last year on the website some of the players answered questions, maybe we could get Phil to outline their practice schedule.

Reply #101083 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

tce44, and what stops him from outright bending the truth? look at reality: the two top young players from last year left. the two top prospects from recent years signed elsewhere. if you are not hearing the real deal you are not talking to the people who know whats going on.

Reply #101087 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tce44 remember those questions last time ? I found them on Google.

'We offered Joe the maximum contract the club could afford under the NBL rules for playing basketball. Joe was offered a spot in the team and the maximum money for a rookie for two years.'

Not true at all Joe was not offered the maximum at all. What faith does that give you ??

Reply #101088 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

As with everything the truth quite often lies halfway between the two sides of a story.

I wasn't in the room when any contract negotiations took place with Joe, or when any verbal agreement was met and unless Joe or his agent is prepared to publicly state what occured then it is all ptretty much innuendo.

Reply #101094 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have heard versions from both sides and while each varies in their accounts about what a hand-shake defines and so on, the things that both will say or admit is that he wasn't offered the max as stated by #101088 above, he never signed a contract with the 36ers, and one contract put to him had his name spelt incorrectly.

Mike Daws was CEO at the time. While he obviously supports the club's version of events more than that of the player/agent, he did not disagree with me when I spoke to him about it that Ingles was NOT offered the maximum rookie contract.

Can't remember specifics, but the coaches thought that the maximum deal was $40k over two years when I believe it is actually $40k per year. Something like that anyway. i.e., significant difference!

Is that good enough for you? I'm more believable than the agent anyway! ;)

Reply #101096 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:47 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754