DJ
Years ago

Legends Game

Did anyone know this was on? Looking at the pictures it was a dissapointing crowd considering this is the GREATEST Sixers side ever assembled!

Topic #8954 | Report this topic

DJ  
Years ago

Also would it have been even better if they could have got 1986 Sixers team vs 1986 Bullets team :-)

Reply #101004 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DJ, the crowd until about just before tip-off is always really crappy. At 5:45 it would've been close to empty. Not sure what the solution is - quicker game at half-time? Also, I don't know that the starting time for the pre-game was advertised - I didn't hear the time until it was posted on here late in the day.

Reply #101010 | Report this post

Lockie  
Years ago

I knew the game was on, however, as I live about an hour and a half away and didn't finish work till 5:30 - there was no way I was going to get there in time!! I would have loved to go but work pays the bills!!

Reply #101018 | Report this post

RoadRunner  
Years ago

CJ knew it was on. Arriving with all the other bullets, he went straight to the 86ers bench and shook the hand of everyone there.
When he got to Ken Cole, he did not want to let go of Ken's hand.
CJ is a gentlemen, who was very respectiveful last night of what was obviously a very great team.

Reply #101020 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

I know it was the anniversary etc etc, but how about having it on a sat night pre-game?

Reply #101039 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Given Smyth's obvious NEED for older players in the team I recon some of the ledgends are half a chance to make the squad next year..... if Phill is still around, that is!

Reply #101204 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Yeah, well I would take Al at his age now, over Copeland..
Al would at least hit 5/9 instead of 0/9!!!

Reply #101293 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:31 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754