Isaac
Years ago

Dragons first home game tonight

The South Dragons are playing their first home game tonight. DJ has got himself a corporate box and a big group to join him there - reports the crowd looks like about 5,000 a few minutes before tip-off.

Good start crowd-wise!

Topic #8965 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Is the Haemorroid, I mean Hammer playing?

Reply #101090 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Is on the stats sheet, but the starters haven't been listed on NBL Live Scores.

Reply #101091 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Michael Zorich from North Adelaide is also on the roster. Well done to him.

Reply #101092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The female announcers voice is killing me. Piercing!

Reply #101098 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

how can i see dragons live scores? only showing Melbourne vs slingers which says its 133 vs 116 in the 2nd quarter...must be mistakes there, and also new zealand vs west sydney? any help?

Reply #101100 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

all four games have love scores available, but yeah a couple of them are f@#*ed. Ill take it though, would be nice for my dream team.

Reply #101102 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Halftime Hawks up by two 51 - 49.

Reply #101103 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

sorry, they have just taken those 3 games off (live scores)

Reply #101105 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Even though I hate him (SH) and think he is an arrogant, washed up has-been, with a sore back, he has still got some moves.

And as much as it pains me to say the 36ers need someone like Haemorroid, I mean Heal, to feed their big blokes.

Reply #101106 | Report this post

patto  
Years ago

Sturty6ers,
i agree with all of your last post. He has made some quality dishes to fuller and the like tonight.

Reply #101107 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Did anyone else see the bonus piece that was shown after the Hawks/Dragons game.
It was all about the life and times of 'The General'.
It concentrated mainly on his playing days. Boti Nagy even made a Cameo appearance.

Reply #101121 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Got to say they put on a nice game night package, lived up to the hype.

Have to say the half time entertainment was a neat idea - 2 players from local clubs (teenagers) pitted against each other in a 3 point shoout out - full nba style, 5 racks 5 balls with a money ball. A minute to clear the racks highest score moves on. They are holding it each week (not sure how the participants are selected) and as the season progress move into semi finals and an eventual 3 pt champion is crowned at their last home game pocketing $10,000.

The game itself was pretty good, a few dubious ref calls and it seems the Dragons had a similar disease to the Sixers for a long time ignoring the open and dominating Big man (and he is DAMN big) Fuller, he gets the ball they score, he dosnt see the ball and they stuff around with it for 20 seconds and jack a 3 or long range J.

It was very obvious the Dragons are missing Burston BIG time, they need another big, simple, when Fuller sits they are lucky to pull a board.

Jingles was probably the biggest dissapoint for the crowd, considering his stellar start to the season I think alot of people were hoping/expecting a big game at home for all to see.

As or the female commentator, nothing against a female doing it, she was just a bit to squeky and some very very bad audio system didnt help her either (did the old Dome audio system get sold, if so weve found it).

All in all A good night out and would expect many of the fans that were there tonight would return, even though they didnt get a win.

BTW don't complain about dome food $4.50 for a hot dog in a frozen roll that tasted a few days old was NOT good.

Looking forward to next week

Saturday night Tigers vs Sixers @ The CAGE

Sunday night Dragons vs Tigers @ Vodaphone

Reply #101144 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Havnt seen official crowd numbers but radio had it at 5,100. Good atmosphere, they curtained off about 3,000 seats in the 10,000 seat arena. Good idea IMO.

Reply #101145 | Report this post

Milk Man  
Years ago

what was Fridays crowd numbers at the dome?

Reply #101218 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

About 4,700 from memory. Gradually improving each game. Looked marginally less than the Hawks game to me, but sometimes it's hard to tell.

Reply #101224 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:41 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754