MP
Years ago

Looks Like Lauren Jackson is now a WNBA Champ

Looks like Seattle has won the WNBA championship 70-64. LJ with 13 points.

Topic #898 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

yep - in front of 17,000 plus.

The owner of the team is the guy that owns Starbucks coffee.

both teams could play better ball - but with the pressure they all held out well - nice 3 pointer from Tully BeleQiva - who will play with Jackson at Capitals this WNBL season.

How angry did Sales look for Conneticut during game !!! woah...

That blonde guard for conneticut - ? lindsay - looks like a couple of Norwood's senior players.

The next question is - will Lauren still have a hang over when she lands in Australia?

Go girls !

PS will not be long before a few more aussie girls are on the timber in the WNBA.

Reply #9793 | Report this post

gospel  
Years ago

doing us proud girls...

Finals were televised in their entirety on ESPN2. In addition, 52 telecasters will broadcast WNBA Finals programming to 188 countries in 30 languages

Reply #9802 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Reply #9835 | Report this post

larry emdur  
Years ago

you can't deny true talent - does anyone know when LJ and Tully will be back playing WNBL

Reply #9841 | Report this post

larry emdur  
Years ago

katie douglas from conneticut - she looks like a couple of Norwood's senior girls abl / reserves

Reply #9850 | Report this post

arli$$  
Years ago

ok any one want to take a guess how much lauren is earning over there now?

I would estimate $1 mill a season

Reply #9857 | Report this post

Hoop Addict  
Years ago

Certainly not in salary from her WNBA side (try $100,000ish as a more accurate figure). Who knows what she picks up in sponsorship though!?

Reply #9860 | Report this post

OZBBallDream  
Years ago

Congratulations to Lauren and the Seattle Storm !!, my only regret is that I didn't see more coverage of this game (and the other two), once again the Local FTA media (in Aus) here just don't get it when it comes to Basketball, it's like the game they are afraid of or something ??
Anyway , If I have anything to do with it that will hopefully change in the future.

In the meantime I am getting foxtel with espn soon, does anyone know if the WNBA is shown on ESPN or is it just ESPN 2 ??

Reply #10338 | Report this post

Southernice  
Years ago

HI, just reading over old posts. I think you will find Lauren is pushed at the highest salary cap in the WNBA earning around $87,000 American I think. I believe this year she has signed a new contract saying she'll be earning around $113,000. I'll post the proper figures on here when I go and find the links. Obviously LJ is a very important player to the storm along with American Olympian point guard Sue Bird and both these players are clearly priority. Unlike Sue however, Lauren only signs one year contracts (preferring to have the choice of leaving if she needs to) and the storm negotiate with her according to what they can do for her although she assures the whole of Seattle that it's home away from home and she'll never be leaving the storm!

Congrats to Lauren and also to Tully who played a fantastic game when sue bird went out in the first series againt the Lynx with a broken nose.

Right well LJ nearly has it all professionally, WNBA MVP, WNBA All Star, WNBA Championship, WNBL EVERYTHING! Now only for that gold! Ours in 2008 for sure this time :D

ps: Espn is really the same as ESPN2, it plays all together. There are 2 regular season Seattle storm games going to be broadcasted for 2005. Get back to me if you want the entire schedule.

Reply #22105 | Report this post

Merridy  
Years ago

This year she has signed a new contract saying she'll be earning around $113,000 with Seattle Storm. She earned $220,000 to play five games in Russia last year - double what she earns in the four-month, 36-game season with her WNBA team. Her contract with WNBL team the Canberra Capitals is believed to be worth about $40,000-$50,000 a season. She also earns hundreds of thousands of dollars more from sponsorship.

Reply #56732 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:35 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754