Noti Bagy
Years ago

Sixers Day at the Zoo

Thought it was a great day for the club to arrange, lots of families seemed to be there as well as a few players.

Anyone else notice that Smyth , Farley and Copeland where exibits in the endangered section?

Topic #8981 | Report this topic

skip  
Years ago

I thought it was a good turn out as well. Nearly every 2nd person in the morning had a sixers hat on it seemed.
Was a great day for it weather wise too.

Reply #101299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smyth, Copeland and Farley were all there.

Reply #101306 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

101306, I think you missed the joke!

Reply #101308 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

The only player I didnt see was Horvath. But he may still have been there. Most of the guys I just saw as we we wandering around.

Reply #101309 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Saw Cosmo hanging with Mr Cooper at one stage.

Reply #101313 | Report this post

Bonz  
Years ago

All the players were there signing the new team posters and having photos taken. It was a very enjoyable day!

Although aparently Isaac and Ben Fitz had to be dragged away screaming from the monkey enclosure!

Reply #101346 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

We had a great morning at the zoo, sadly we had to leave by 12:30. Did anyone get there early enough to see the Siamang's in the trees do their morning call? That was unreal!

We got photos taken with some players and spoke to Phil for a minute. It was fun.

I just wish I saw that many strangers walking around wearing Sixers gear on a day to day basis.

Reply #101351 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

We want to sign a gibbon to the 36ers roster. Has a good handle, quick to look for opportunities, and gets its hands up in transition.

Reply #101352 | Report this post

Jimmy The Snitch  
Years ago

They already have, they are called the navy Seals.

Reply #101355 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

We could not afford a monkey Isaac, he would demand payment in bananas and the Sixers clearly could not afford that contract.

Reply #101358 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Hey Hey! I see myself more as a Gorilla than a Gibbon.

Reply #101361 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

The price of Bananas has just dropped below $2 a kilo.
So the 36ers may be able to afford those primates....

Reply #101369 | Report this post

Ben Fitz  
Years ago

That Gibbon, Bonz had a nasty look in his eye,speaking from experience about being bitten by a monkey I know when to run.

As for Isaac he just ran thinking that Nino was back in town.

Seriously how good is that Monkey Island set up

Reply #101412 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

what about the otters, i gave them some apple pieces and seriously they eat like i expect jordan dodman would.

i also thought it was good that most of the players werent in a rush to get out of the place once the thingy was over, i even saw brad hill and dodman walking around monkey island later in the day... and horvath was there skip, you might not have recognised him with glasses, he looked totally different!

Reply #101496 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

I have just returned to the Dome after a few years absence. No insult intended, but can someone tell me what it is the Navy Seals actually do? Surely it's not classified as entertainment?

Reply #101531 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Make some noise, cheer on the team, etc.

Reply #101541 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Are you not entertained Peter??

Reply #101544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And you are right Peter, it's not classified as entertainment. They are volunteers of the club and very passionate supporters.

Reply #101578 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

man u know they just want the courtside seats lol, seriously though theyre good, made some great banners. (Mr.Macky/Bobby Brannen one was G.O.A.T)

Reply #101708 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

So, did anyone go past the monkeys cage a see a likeness to Carfino?????

Reply #101709 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754