purple pills
Years ago

Cheerleaders - Job Spec?

Do the cheerleaders do anything other than dance anymore?
I thought their main job was to try and get the crowd into the game, yet they just seem to sit there during most of the game, occasionally moving their pom poms about with the music.
Even their dances this year seem messy and not very well rehearsed.
I enjoyed the drummers they had last year. They were very good for getting the crowd clapping.
I tend to agree with yesterdays article that there is too much music and the cheerleaders need to get the crowd into it more. I dont think that can be used as an excuse for 3 straight home losses tho.
Thoughts?

Topic #8995 | Report this topic

Skyhook  
Years ago

"Are you thinking what i'm thinking ? " ;P

Reply #101558 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Mmmm, drumsticks.

Reply #101563 | Report this post

Cafe Primo  
Years ago

"are you thinking what i'm thinking"....

Yes- the lunchtime special ($10.90)-the penne gamberi or the garlic prawn.

Reply #101565 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the cheerleaders are a hell of a lot better than they've been in the past. The last few years their dance routines were boring and lacked enthusiasm. At least this year they are more entertaining. It's just funny how when the team is losing, everyone finds the smallest possible issue to pick on. I think the cheerleaders are the least of our worries!

Reply #101574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love the fact that the cheerleaders are always at least 12months behind on music - does it take that long to learn routines??

Reply #101581 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey Cafe Primo I thought it was $9.90 lunchtime special?

Reply #101582 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I want the drummers back...

Reply #101702 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why dont they get naked? Im sure a hell ova lot more people would be at the games...

Reply #101710 | Report this post

Matt W  
Years ago

we all thought it, you said it 101710

Reply #101829 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

People u better start supporting the ladies or else the seals will come back and dance. I feel a full monty might be the ticket!!!!!

Reply #102056 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Just on that, good to see the Navy Seals get another bit of air time on NBL wrap last night...
Lookin good lads...

Reply #102058 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hey booga that will really bring on the booing. Maybe you could threaten the players if they dont start winning the seals will do a half time strip, that is bound to make them start winning.

Reply #102067 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ever noticed that the crowd varies from age 5 and up? Probably a good reason why the cheerleaders dance to some music that is old and new, i think the music is great that they are using this year and i bet they train their butz off..... u can tell in those hot outfits!

Reply #102143 | Report this post

booga  
Years ago

anon the guys had to put up with seeing reesy naked nothing will scare them after that

Reply #102743 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Navy Seals? They look more like Elephant Seals.

Reply #102824 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

Hahahahaha...hilarious!!!!!^^

Reply #102862 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:32 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754