Mott the Hoople
Years ago

I have a dream...

I have a dream that one day this team will rise up and live out the true meaning of its purpose: "To win a championship."

I have a dream that one day on the green hills of Adelaide the sons of former players and the sons of former players wives will be able to sit down together at the table and celebrate a win.

I have a dream that one day even the state of South Australia, a state sweltering with frustration, sweltering with the heat of disappointment, will be transformed into an oasis of home wins.

I have a dream that my two little children will one day live in a state where they will remember the last time we won a game.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day, down at the Dome, with its no beer on tap, with its rats and no toilet paper we will be able to clap hands and celebrate with our sisters and brothers.

I have a dream today.

I have a dream that one day Brad Newley shall be exalted, Joe Ingles and Luke Schensher shall be revealed to the Dome faithful, and all flesh shall see it together.

This is our hope. This is the faith that I go back to the Dome with. With this faith we will be able to hew out of the mountain of despair a stone of hope. With this faith we will be able to transform the jangling discords of our State into a beautiful symphony of brotherhood. With this faith we will be able to work together, to pray together, to struggle together, to go to jail together, to stand up for the team together, knowing that we will be winners one day.

(Adapted from King, cited in The US Constitution online, 2006)

Topic #8998 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Keep dreaming!

Reply #101591 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

damn.

you spent all that time when we've had three championships in the last decade!

Do you people not remember???

Reply #101596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2002 is so 2002, duh!

Reply #101603 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

Anon101596...3 titles in 5 years and then we sit on our hands for the next 10 years? Is that the way it works?

If this season continues the way it has started, the Sixers over the last 5 years will have had 2 horrible seasons (2004, 2007) 2 good regular seasons with zero finals success (2005, 2006) and one average season (2003.)

If we don't make the finals this season (it might well happen) we would be 1-5 in the finals the last five years.

When is previous success no longer enough? When do you become impatient again? For me, it's now.

Reply #101608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Matt the DICKEAD!!

Reply #101624 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Thats an O

Reply #101629 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

...and Dickhead has an H as well.

Reply #101630 | Report this post

Ken Richardson  
Years ago

Quite liked that.

Reply #101657 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Mott don't start correcting spelling mistakes on here (as sad as it is)...you'll have to give up your job, social life and sleep!!

Reply #101659 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Forgot to say I liked the original post. Good afternoon entertainment.

Reply #101661 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

Fiji, I normally never do that, but it was just a joke.

I was nearly going to say I've been abused by an illiterate person with bad eyes, but I didn't.

Reply #101663 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754