Bizzy
Years ago

NBA Live 07

Just bought this on X-Box, I find it pretty good.

Wondering anyone elses thoughts?

Topic #9038 | Report this topic

DB5  
Years ago

havent tried it yet man, is it much different...
waiting for the video shop to have it returned...

Reply #101982 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Got it on ps2, it's a lot better than 06 IMO.

The team chemistry in the dynasty mode is really good, makes you actually think about trades, releases and free agent signings, rather than just simulating to the playoffs every year.

Don't know about the free throw shooting though, id prefer to old cross method, but I'm a tad old school.

P.S - Tiger Woods 07 buys and sells NBA Live, if you're a golf fan.

Reply #101983 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

Journo,

What do you think of the new freestyle superstar stuff? I find it a bit harder to user the shooters these days.

Reply #101985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where abouts did you get it from, i went looking this morning and got 3 different stories, one said it hasnt been released, one said they have sold out and the other said it will be out tomorrow?
please help

Reply #101997 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Yeah Bizzy, Id prefer the 06 superstar version.

I dominaited with Nowitzki with L1 and X!

Reply #101999 | Report this post

Bizzy  
Years ago

lol journo.

Anon, I got mine from Target. Both Target and EB Games have them for sure.

Reply #102003 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

is that on 360 or just xbox?

Reply #102009 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

I think it's OK, better than what I had heard about it.

But one thing that is so freakin' annoying is that player rotation thing. I mean, gone are the days where you can just go into REORDER ROSTER and change it quickly, now you have to bring down one guys court time %, then make sure the guy you want getting more minutes isn't already using them at another position, then increase his %, then you have to go into starting % and change that too...annoying...

Apart from that, it's pretty good, but I agree with Journo that the free throw shooting is terrible, it took ages to get it right.

Just one question though, is anyone having trouble with their Playmaker's? Every time I go to use them with any button appart from X, they just jack up a shot.

Reply #102020 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

I would read this before buying NBA live 07:

http://www.nbalive.org/portal/page/525

Interesting to see if PAL versions of the game have the same bugs.

Reply #102021 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Reply #102024 | Report this post

stef#4  
Years ago

the game play is amazing and the graphics have definately improved on the ps2 version but the problem with the game is that they took out the view centre court which was clearly the best view now u either play press box or baseline that sucks EA should have left centre court in. Foul shooting is hard but i like it and its so much easier with good foul shooters

Reply #102026 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

I've heard that NBA 2k7 is better. What one should I buy. I'm not sure.

Reply #102054 | Report this post

Tman  
Years ago

NBA 2007 is really good I am really dominating with Kobe Bryant with me. I play 3 min qtrs and I just make Kobe drive to the basket either for a dunk or layup and my high score for him so far by playing 3 mins is 54 points!

Reply #102069 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Chewy, that's what I've heard, but Live suprised me a little - it's actually decent.

If you have a X-Box 360, than I've read that 2K is better than Live, but it's even on X-Box and PS2.

Just do I'm going to do, try both, buy one.

Reply #102076 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

I heard the Xbox 360 Version of NBA live wont be out for another 2 weeks can anyone tell me any different?

Reply #102091 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

just got it 2day and i'm really disapointed, free throw shooting is horrible, freestyle superstars now useless, it is far harder to make steals without getting your ankles broken, there is no fantasy draft in Dynasty mode, KG is ranked best player, again, manu ginobili is WAY overrated, again, way harder to block... it's gonna take me a while to get used to this disaster, i might just play '06 for another year 'till somethin good comes out.
I'd be goin wit NBA 2K7 chewy!

sorry i'm bein so negative but i really am dissapointed, it's so frustrating i ended up reseting the stupid thing mid-game.

Reply #102101 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As if they took away the centre court view! It's so unrealistic and annoying on the other views

Reply #102116 | Report this post

thomo  
Years ago

the real question is Dj how long before NBL Live 07 :P cause the last one ROCKED big time

Reply #102159 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

That's a good question. The last one was very good, but I know it took the guys a VERY long time to do, so not sure if they are keen to go for it again or not.

Heres hoping ;-)

I havn't actually got a copy of it yet myself.

Reply #102187 | Report this post

stef#4  
Years ago

nba live 07 on xbox 360 is out at big w seaford i work there and its the only place that is sellin it right now all the other big w's dont have it either

Reply #102197 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

BTW, i wouldn't reccomend it but if you are lookin to get it on PS2 its $5 cheaper at JBHIFI.

Reply #102246 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

Here are some cheats i found for it on PS2:
Cheat mode

At the NBA Codes screen, enter one of the following codes to active the corresponding cheat function:

Result Code
Adidas Garnett Bounce (Vegas edition) KDZ2MQL17W
Adidas Garnett Bounce (All-Star edition) HYIOUHCAAN
Adidas T-Mac 6 (All-Star edition) MCJK843NNC
Adidas T-Mac 6 (Vegas edition) 84GF7EJG8V
Adidas Crazy 8 (St. Patty's edition) CC98KKL814
Adidas Campus Lt (St. Patty's edition) CLT2983NC8
Adidas Equipment Bball (St. Patty's edition) 22OIUJKMDR
Adidas Stealth (All-Star edition) FE454DFJCC
Adidas Gil-Zero (All-Star edition) 23DN1PPOG4
Adidas Gil-Zero (Vegas edition) QQQ3JCUYQ7
Adidas Gil-Zero Mid (Away) 369V6RVU3G
Adidas Gil-Zero Mid (Home) 1GSJC8JWRL
Adidas C-Billups (All-Star edition) BV6877HB9N
Adidas C-Billups (Vegas edition) 85NVLDMWS5
Adidas BTB Low (St. Patty's edition) 7FB3KS9JQ0
Adidas Artillery II (black) 99B6356HAN
Adidas Artillery II (white) NTGNFUE87H
Bobcats Secondary road jersey WEDX671H7S
Nets Secondary road jersey D4SAA98U5H
Jazz Secondary road jersey VCBI89FK83
Wizards Secondary road jersey QV93NLKXQC
East All-Star home jersey 5654ND43N6
East All-Star away jersey WOCNW4KL7L
West All-Star home jersey 993NSKL199
West All-Star away jersey XX93BVL20U

Reply #102247 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:24 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754