Raab Himself
Years ago

New Seasons - Umpire Forums

I know it has been discussed on here before, but i feel that this is the appropriate time to re-hash this issue.

With the new silly seasons beginning and the ABA year approaching in a couple of months, i would like to know if this year, more can be done to promote Coaches, Players and Officials attending the PRE-SEASON RULE CLARIFICATION SESSION that has allegedly been poorly patronised in the past.

As a player, i would certainly love to attend and hear the philosophies of the referees for the season and how it will be officiated.

This could be a large step in improving out product!?

Topic #904 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

There was one just the other week that explained all the new rules and clarifications.

Reply #9913 | Report this post

MP  
Years ago

Raab,
If you go here:

http://www.basketball.net.au/FS_extra.asp?id=648&OrgID=1

It is all the FIBA rules and regulations for the 2004 season.

If you click on "2004 interpretations" it will give you changes to the rules and some examples of how the referees are directed to call things.

This was all discussed at the recent rules interpretation meeting in September.

If you want to send me your email address, I am happy to email you the Powerpoint slideshow that was used in the presentation.

You can contact me at [email protected]

Happy Reading!

Reply #9931 | Report this post

Nathan Wieland  
Years ago

Raab - we had a (poorly attended) rule changes seminar a few weeks ago.

We normally have a "Points of Emphasis" discussion prior to the start of the ABA Season.

(To Jirachi - I read somewhere that they may be planning on changing the National Action Day to three seperate meetings. Who that would be open to - I'm not sure.)

Club secretaries are given details and are asked to invite all coaches.

Reply #9961 | Report this post

Raab Himself  
Years ago

Nathan and MP,
Cheers for that. I always expected that there would be another of these meetings prior to the start of the ABA season. There are a lot of ABA players [self included] that read the forum, hence to improve attendence, please give us some pre-warning. I for one will be encouraging my coach to get along.

It's fair enough to read the rules on the website, but i would like to hear the interpretations from those in the drivers seat.

Reply #9987 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:25 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754