Isaac
Years ago

Boston Celtics inaugural dance team

Dreaming Green (sounds like a TV show Snoop Dogg might've started) is a feature on NBA TV about the Boston Celtics first ever Dance Team.

Yes, since their inception in 1946 the Boston Celtics have not fielded a dance team. Dancers and entertainment have traditionally been considered unnecessary for their game night experience, but they've finally got with the program.

"I think he'd probably break his cane!"
-- Hall of Fame Center and Head Coach Bill Russell about Auerbach's possible reaction to seeing the Celtics Dancers
All this Celtics-don't-have-dancers business is news to me!

Topic #9050 | Report this topic

Knackers  
Years ago

i'm suprised they've never had dancers either, just seems to come standard with american sports.

Really hope they get a frew drunk leprechauns to do the dancing, all dressed in their little green suits with clovers on the back and green top hats. hahaha

Reply #102214 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

time for a cold shower.......

Reply #102217 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

Red was very much a Basketball is enough entertainent for everybody thinking boss.

I might be wrong but I'm not sure how much, if any, music is played at their games..

Reply #102236 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

DAMN!!!!!!!

TR, on the money.

Reply #102240 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:35 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754