stef#4
Years ago

U/20 2

Can anyone give me a rap up on all the action in the u/20 div 2 comp who look strong this season?

Topic #9076 | Report this topic

stef#4  
Years ago

southern went down by 9 to western magic, both teams were pretty average but what can you expect from the first game back. bad defence all round

Reply #102558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville over Norwood by about 20.

Reply #102582 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

Only 9 stef thats good, were u the one playing the bad defence mainly? lol

Reply #102624 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

You'll find North, Sturt and Forestville will have very strong sides, the others will be pretty even and battling it out for 4th place

Reply #102652 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

west beat woodville by 25 to 30, west up by arpund 20 at quater time.

change of rotation and defense for woodville in the second tightened the game up cutting the lead to around 10.

both team looked lost on offence, while the defense wasnt the greatest either.

cant see either team making the finals or having winning seasons.

Reply #102661 | Report this post

Years ago

North beat Sturt by 10-12

Reply #102662 | Report this post

Years ago

is stef still playing for magic heard a rumour that he moved to west to play aba

Reply #102663 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North have now aquired AJ from FV

Reply #102664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has AJ made the North team he also tried to go to Norwood as well

Reply #102666 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

"acquired" ... hmmm, loose interpretation there. Acquired normally means you wanted it ...

Reply #102674 | Report this post

Peppercorn  
Years ago

I was under the impression that AJ left FV because he couldn't make the 1's squad. Does this mean he made 1's at North? And heres me thinking that north were good this year.

Reply #102675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Stef is at west aba and under 20 div 1. played ok against woodville on saturday nyt.

shooting was a bit off and passes wernt as crisp, but remember he did have a whole yr in div 2 with magic where the standard was a hell of alot lower.

i say give him a month and then he'l be dominating like he did in his days at woodville.

Reply #102689 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

So 'stef' isnt stef#4 then?

Reply #102714 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No

Reply #102722 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

aj is coming across to north but has been told he has to play div 2 and them might make 1 as they already have two big players in div 1 and they are first years so why would you drop them for him because he not that good good luck aj you might not get to one anyone. Was told he has to play summer season in 2

Reply #102733 | Report this post

Years ago

so magic will be shit this year as he was the only good player

Reply #102745 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AJ is a great gain for north div 2 as he will be one of the most dominant big men in div 2 highly doubtfull he'll break into div1 at north.

Early tip this season North Premiers both summer and winter seasons.

Reply #102760 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

didnt north just lose to forrestville by 20? and your claiming they are early favourites? :S

Reply #102765 | Report this post

Years ago

Norwood lost to fv, North beat sturt by 12 do your homework

Reply #102772 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone else's oppinion

Reply #102948 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who are peoples tips for this week

Reply #103383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

forestville by 40 against centrals

Reply #103402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

BAHAH AJ to north - hehe tip north for wooden spoon then :P

Reply #103407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tips for this week:

FV
West
North
Western
Sturt

Reply #103430 | Report this post

BR  
Years ago

I think it is a bit tough the people bagging AJ on here. He is a decent guy who was always good to play with and loved his basketball. Im not sure why people are so negative towards him. He got a rough deal at Forestville this year and he has gone to another club to get a fresh start. Good luck to you AJ.

Reply #103710 | Report this post

Nose Nuggets  
Years ago

What rough deal? He wasn't good enough to make the div 1's. Then he went to Norwood and couldn't get div 1 there. Then to North and still couldn't get a spot in the 1's. Damn what a rough deal that 3 clubs must have got it wrong....

Reply #104153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good point

Reply #104157 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The only person who would think it's a rough deal is probably him. Everyone else would most likely say he simply wasn't good enough to play in the Div 1 team at three different clubs. Not bashing the kid or anything, just being objective

Reply #104160 | Report this post

Melvin Corpuscle  
Years ago

I admire the balls he has in trying out for two of the stronger clubs, rather than being a walk-on 1 at a weaker club ...

Reply #104204 | Report this post

A-J C  
Years ago

Hey. A-J here. I thought I would just clear a few things up. I started basketball because I enjoy the sport and I needed something to keep a "level" of fitness up. Some would argue that I have no fitness, dont worry I have been told it many times before :P. What I dont seem to understand is why people seem to think that I beleive I am any better than the next guy and attacking me for it? Many comments made on this forum have been quite negative towards me and I am unsure to why this is as I have never intentionally tried to piss anonone off. I am sorry if I did, but I just go out to play ball and have a good time. In realtion to me moving clubs. I have recently moved home and have not really enjoyed my last few years at forestville and thought now would be a good opportunity for a fresh start. I went out to a norwood training 1 week before the start of the new season. (my fault for leaving it so late). All I was looking for was a club to get games ine either Div 1, 2 or 3, I didnt mind. Norwood was geographicly better for me, but unfortunatley the head coach for norwood was away and therefore was not able to put me in a team. I needed to get myslef a club and some games. So my next option was north, who were happy to take me on in their div 2 team, which so far I belive was a great move and I am starting to enjoy basketball agian. (which i thought was the whole point of playing sport). Hopefully that clears up any questions you had about why I moved and that I have no arrogance about myslef and are just out to play basketball. I have nothing against anyone and I hope that you would return the gesture.

Regards A-J

Reply #105317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and coz we undefeated baby!!

Reply #105407 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Congratulations, want a trophy?

Reply #105437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeh that would be nice do u have 1???

Reply #105463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Alot of hating loosers in bball AJ.

Wait till u find out who these ppl are, you will laugh!

Reply #105464 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Nah, u get them for winning the season!

People should lay off AJ, there isnt anything wrong with a person moving to find the right club for them!

Reply #105883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no probs with that but aj let me ask u a question, y werent u happy the last 2 years? u won titles in u18s div 1 and u20s div 2, ur team won heaps. whats the unhappiness for?

Reply #107361 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #110265 | Report this post

A-J  
Years ago

Sometimes winning isnt everything. I dont think during 18 second year or 20's first year that I really slotted into the teams I was in. Not sure why, but it was just the feeling I got. I had a great coach last year at forestville but after finding out who the div 2 coach for this year was going to be I did not want to play under a man that has the immiturity to make stupid comments at me the entire game that I played forestville. When I have said nothing bad or done nothing to him. So im not sure why the grudge. SOme people just never grow up I guess.

Reply #110266 | Report this post

seen it all  
Years ago

It is a ruthless world AJ, at last you can work out who your friends are and know not to send xmas cards to anonymous and anonymous and oh yeah, anonymous again!

Players for many reasons move clubs and usually it is all about the right place, right coach, right time for them - I can think of heaps more players that have moved clubs 2 if not 3 times than I can those that began their basketball for one club only from the sideline in a pram and then begame a loyal player etc as they grew...
So, just how many players have never moved clubs and are no in seniors?

Reply #110272 | Report this post

Daniel  
Years ago

AJ - don't for a second pretend that you left because of me, because (as you said) there has never been any issue or animosity between us (quite the opposite I thought!). I tended to joke around with you a bit last season, and I didn't think that my comments would have had that much effect on you, or upset you.

I only made two comments during the fourth quarter (not all game), and both of those were made as a joke (me thinking you would still have a sense of humour, and that you would have expected some ribbing coming up against your former team !).

Congrats on the Div 1 spot, keep up the hard work.

Reply #110371 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

OK, I think I may understand whats going on with the AJ thing here, just let me think it out loud for a moment.

1. AJ leaves the eags due to a) moving house and b) lach of enjoyment for ". . . last couple of years". Curious, how long has the current div 2 coach been at the club? 1 season, not year, season.

2. AJ gets ribbed and instead of taking it on and shutting up crititcs with play, gets on a website and verbally attacks the offending ribber. In all sports people try to throw off their opposition by 'chatting' its all part of the game. Just watch any sport at any level.

3. What kind of concentration was being displayed if AJ can recall, not only what was said but also by who and at what time. Surely the focus should've been on helping his team to the W.

Im sorry it just seems to me that AJ has developed a knack for finding excuses in every circumstance that in no way, shape or form reflect his behaviour or work ethic. Its good to have a skill I guess.

Reply #110388 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

So what was it that 'daniel' said to 'allegedly' make him move clubs???

Reply #110397 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

From what I understand VC, according to AJ himself in(#105317), he moved clubs for geographical convenience. Though I can see how this may throw many people off, myself included, when AJ in(#110266) writes his club change as a result of "immiturity" on the behalf of Forestvilles 20div2 coach. I would like to enlighten you on what was said but I guess we'll just have to wait for the next gripping instalment of AJ's imaginings.

Reply #110403 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I just wanna hear if this guy was geniunely abusing the kid or if hes just soft.

Reply #110408 | Report this post

Daniel  
Years ago

This has already been blown out of proportion. For AJs reasons for leaving, consult his own post about a dozen or so up ^ that way.
In regards to friday, refer to my earlier post. It was gentle ribbing, which seems to have been taken the wrong way.

Reply #110414 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

Hello again VC, ignore Daniel he has to be diplomatic.

Ive heard from both an eagle and a rocket that the comments were not in any way malicious, in fact if reports are true they were quite funny. My assumption . . . soft, like butter.

I restate my claim that AJ's focus should've remained on the game and shutting down the eagle forwards not on comments made by spectators.

Reply #110599 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Why dont we get back to discussing the topic of this post which is 20 boys 2, instead of roasting AJ?

Reply #110915 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Why dont we get back to discussing the topic of this post which is 20 boys 2, instead of roasting AJ?

Reply #110916 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

Good point "SomeOneElse". Though in the last couple of strings it certainly looks as though the AJ issue was reignited by non other than AJ himself.

I will however endeavour to rise above it and get back on track. Saw the Western team a couple of weeks back and they look alright, scrambling zone D and all, out hustle. South showed something but from the few Ive seen dont appear to have many options on offence (again I state Ive only seen 'em a couple of times). Eags are big but tempemental and have dropped their last two. Obvious stand out is North, unbeaten.

Thoughts 'SomeOneElse'?

Reply #111022 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Yeh, Id agree mostly with that, I think that they are the top 4 sides in the division anyway and assuming those are the 4 that get into the finals, they would be all capable of winning... I havent seen Western in weeks, when i saw them they were spread thin and when 2 of there top players fouled out, they got rolled over by south... Have they picked up players?

Reply #111130 | Report this post

Harvard 1500  
Years ago

None that I know of. The game against forrestville they didnt even look troubled. I did notice that every meaningful offence went through their big fella.

Reply #111200 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

When we played them, they were not particularly sharp and it allowed us to over run them in the end, shall be interesting when we play them again (btw I do play)

Reply #111221 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:34 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754