Basketball Jones
Years ago

K-K-K-K.G & Cornesy Suckass

Could not believe these two 'sport guru's' last night interviewing Lanard Copeland.
During the entire interview they both called him Lon - erd.

You would think that two 'sports guru's' could get a name right of a guy who is playing for the Sixers and who has played for so long.

Topic #9091 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

not really....last night they interviewed Danyle Pearce re London footy game, KG called him Darrel - just old age I think, Danyle was quick to correct him too.....pretty funny

Get over it

Reply #102753 | Report this post

PC  
Years ago

Disgraceful as so called Sports Experts you should know the name of a guy who has played in the league for 15 years.

Unprofessional & disrespectful wouldnt happen on Coast.

Reply #102755 | Report this post

Neil Craig  
Years ago

Tough time of the year for these guys - no footy. Now they have to pretend they know something about other sports.

Reply #102756 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

Whilst I cringed at the mispronunciation of Lanard's name, it was excellent to have Basketball on the leading sports talkshow in Adelaide.

Reply #102757 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

What a bunch of whinging little girls you are this morning. Get over it.

Lanard is not the most common of names and we all know that both show a mere passing knowledge of the sport anyway.
The show is pretty much dedicated to cricket and football anyway, with Cornesy showing interest in the female sports when the girls interviewed are attractive.

Reply #102758 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

One word, Altzheimers!

Reply #102783 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

I cringed when they kept refering to him as 'Lon-ard" however to Cope's credit, it didnt faze him, and it changed to something that resembled Lanard towards the end.

Apart from the calling his name incorectly, I thought the interview was pretty good. I cant remember hearing him being interviewed to many times before, so thought it was interesting.

His point that the guys on court dont hear the music was interesting, as it seems like a big deal for us.

Reply #102790 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Cornes actually goes to Sixers games quite regularly I think. I haven't seen him recently but I have seen him there quite a bit over the years.

Reply #102803 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Haven't seen him there in a couple of years now. Used to sit in the corporate seats behind the scorebench. Anyone know if he still attends?

Reply #102812 | Report this post

graham cornes  
Years ago

Now listen you hypercritical sports fans -- I took great care to call him LANARD. However, there is actually a good reason for KG's mis-pronunciation of his name because our running sheet actaully showed his name as LONARD.
Thanks for the feedback, but if you had any real courage, you would ring the programme and engage personally rather than hide behind pseudonyms. Without football it's a good time of the year to do it!!!

Reply #102814 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

cornsey you look like a bulldog on crack

Reply #102828 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Can we not trash-talk Graham Cornes when he takes the time to visit the forum, please!?

Reply #102829 | Report this post

philnaldo  
Years ago

i didnt know it was the real cornsey,are they going to get someone from the dragon's on re this saga that has been going on?

Reply #102830 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

I am still laughing at #102828....

Reply #102831 | Report this post

me  
Years ago

You wont believe it folks, i was as big a whinger about these boys as anyone...but damn!!..what i wouldnt give to be able to listen to KG and Cornsey each night. As bad as they are, at least its a sports show, sure they dont cover everything, and dont know much about a lot. But believe me, you would miss it if it was gone.

Reply #102832 | Report this post

Sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

I'm also still laughing at Philnaldo's description of Cornesy - hilarious and absolutely spot-on.

Give the man a basketball!

Reply #102843 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

Some of you complain when Basketball is not in the media and when it is, you complain just because a name is mispronounced? Fair dinkum no wonder Basketball is in strife in this country.

Reply #102882 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cornsey spoke to some Eagles junior girls about mental preparation for basketball. He was inspirational.

Reply #102905 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Sorry Cornsey, you may have taken great care to call him LANARD, but the fact is you did call him LONARD at least twice, very early into the interview.

You may be a "sporting guru" but you are not a pronounciation guru (oh yeah, and I dont claim to be a spelling guru either, before you start)

Your stupid pronounciation of the word athsma, were you emphisised the "th" sound some months ago (for a bloody week) was the stupidest thing Ive heard -EVER.

You have a great show, but dont get ahead of your self. What makes your show so great is you are so bloody right all the time, the rest of us are so bloody wrong.

Reply #102918 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Did Copes take exception to the mispronounciation?

If he didnt (which Im only guessing as I didnt hear the interview) then who cares. If it didnt bother him too much then it shouldnt bother anyone else
. As has been said earlier at least basketball got on the mainstream media - and credit to Cornsey for coming on here and making a comment!

Reply #102920 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do you think KG refers to Glenelg as the Bay all the time.

The bloke openly admits he has a speech impediment so I think we need to get off his back about the way he speeks and listen to what the interview is about - basketball.

Take the publicity and build on the positive. At least they interviewed the right person. As is mentioned in another thread, the ABC in their basketball wrap mixed up Wheeler and Farley!!!

Reply #102926 | Report this post

graham cornes  
Years ago

gosh, I've only just seen philnaldo's post (no 102828).
A bit harsh I feel - but have you noticed how all the ugly guys get the good looking chicks??

Reply #103437 | Report this post

DB%  
Years ago

Yeah Graham, we have seen your kids girlfriends, they are pretty hot.

Reply #103442 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Guys, NBL.com had an article about Farley and Wheeler being injured, so even the experts get it wrong sometimes.

Reply #103443 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Implying that Sportal writers are all experts is a bit much, doc. The reps from NZ and Singapore make some pretty basic basketball errors in their stories!

Sportal took their story from the ABC site* - it all goes back to an ABC radio person hearing "Willie" instead of "Wheeler".

* They seem to do a round of the club sites and newspapers for a reasonable amount of their material.

Reply #103450 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

lol Cornsey, you need your wife to stick up for you in the Sunday Mail!

Reply #103605 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

aaaaaaaahahaha funniest thread ever, DB5 deserves a lil' b-ball too

Reply #103618 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

cheers xztatik...

Reply #103624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope people dont put a question mark on his running sheet.

"I'm K.G ?"

Ron Burgandy style

Reply #103626 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Where are you Ken?

I'm in a glass cage of emotion!

Don't bring Ron Burgundy into it. Stay classy, Adelaide.

Reply #103712 | Report this post

Magic Man  
Years ago

bump

Reply #131938 | Report this post

Olaf  
Years ago

As Pete and Tones on 3D correctly stated Cornsey's face looks like a chamois that's been left on a hook to dry.

Reply #182552 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:48 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754