Kwest
Years ago

Farley Out? (Edit: Wheeler instead?)

Someone just reported on Ozhoops that Farley is out for tomorrow nights game.

Topic #9098 | Report this topic

joshuapending  
Years ago

thats great, what with?

Reply #102872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it was just on ABC news, and Maher is still out too.

Looks like Hill, Sutton and Ng will get even more court time.

Reply #102873 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They stated it was a hamstring injury, but he should be back next week.

Reply #102874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG are you serious... I don't want them to lose again, especially to the Dragons.

Reply #102876 | Report this post

Sonic  
Years ago

Are you sure you have your player name right? Channel 7 reported on their 6 o'clock news that it was Wheeler who was out with a hamstring strain.

Reply #102877 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

We all know that once a team sacks their coach they win the next game!

Reply #102878 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sonic, I am just telling you what the ABC said - i dont know if they got it wrong. The footage that they showed had farley training and wheeler sitting on the sidelines with maher so you could be right but it was definetely farley that they said.

Reply #102881 | Report this post

Sonic  
Years ago

Well it's good to see that at least one TV channel doesn't know Wheeler from Farley. I guess they look pretty similar don't they .... not!.

Reply #102883 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Maybe they are both out?

Reply #102885 | Report this post

The Worm  
Years ago

What did someone suggest they attempt to play defence and their bodies couldnt take it?

Reply #102886 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

On talking hoops, Maher said Wheels was out, made no mention of Farley at all.

Reply #102889 | Report this post

Matt W  
Years ago

bit harsh worm....

Reply #102895 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

hopefully thats true, we can cover wheeler although i thought he was ok last week especially on the defensive side early.

Reply #102897 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

If he was out for the rest of the season i would celebrate with a beer!!! He should be sacked he is terrible!!!

Reply #102901 | Report this post

The Worm  
Years ago

Farley only plays D every now and then Matt W so it aint harsh at all. Give me an import who is less talented and plays tough D anytime.

Cant blame him when we have a coach who said at the start of the season that his team had only concentrated on the offensive end as we have all season to fix our D! Great pity we wont be able to qualify for the finals by the time it becomes a focus!

Reply #102902 | Report this post

Farleys one of the only legitimate 30 7 and 7 threats in the league atm. Defense isn't his strong(est) point, who cares.

Reply #102908 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

ELG: I don't want to trash Farley because his efforts against Townsville were great, but here are some names for you that have gotten or could get close to a few 30/7/7 games: Wethers, Powell (35/11/6, 34/11/3, 31/11/3 already this year), Barlow, Kendall, Newley, Rillie (37/7/6), Bruton, Mackinnon, Redhage, Groves (36/8/5, 30/5/5), Saville, Tucker (26/14/6), Anstey (25/7/8), McDonald, Heal, etc.

Reply #102915 | Report this post

Ryno  
Years ago

Thanks Isack it just shows you dont need an import to get 30/7/7 from a player. Farley has been in this league long enough he should know it inside and out. If here were worth his money he would be putting up those number on a consistent basis. And if he were having an off night it would be nice he could help the team with some D but he cant so i think he is over rated and not worth the $$$ anymore!!! I think the problems lies in the fact he has been here too long and everyone knows his game inside and out and that is why he is getting beat most weeks!!!

Reply #102932 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:02 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754