Satirist
Years ago

Easy as ABC - aged care team

Anyone see the irony of the ABC Learning Centre 'owning' the nearest thing to an 'Aged Care' team in the League?

Why do we keep bringing players in rather than being able to bring them on?

It seems as if it is a year too long for the coach and the teams 'maturity' is a last roll of the dice?

What happens next year; will the team need another 6 weeks to get started as the other NBL teams move on?

Topic #9112 | Report this topic

ShaneD  
Years ago

Well.. ABC "Earning" Centres don't actually own anything. Eddie Munster owns the Dome but not the team.

Maybe he will turn the land into a retirement village though? ;-)

ShaneD

Reply #102979 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

dont believe what they tell you on that shane!

Reply #102982 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Are you suggesting Grover has some part ownership of / stake in the team (?)

ShaneD

Reply #102985 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

more.

Reply #102988 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

.... well.. go'head. Let us know!

ShaneD

Reply #102991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

not the right place to make claims. just join the dots.

Reply #102992 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I think your speculative dots a little too hazy to join right now!

ShaneD

Reply #102994 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Could it be that Mr Hemmerling is actually Mr Grove's puppet? And that Mr Groves is going to own the team through Mal?

No, never?

Reply #102995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what do they do at Garage on Thursdays?

Reply #102996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very strong mail - very strong mail is that Mal only put up $100,000 of the purchase price the rest was put up by Mr Groves

Reply #103012 | Report this post

If you do not believe that Eddie is a silent owner of the team then i suggest you have drank too much of that SA water!

Reply #103013 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

Shane, what's your beef with Groves about? Every thread that mentions Groves contains your posts of hate towards the guy.

Reply #103120 | Report this post

master?  
Years ago

I have spoken to some influential adelaide business people who have said that Mr Hemmerling pockets are not very lined(compared to the extremly wealthy), and no way could he afford to run a NBL club with his own money without going broke(unless he runs it on the very very cheap).

Reply #103162 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

master? he's not spending his own money on this. makes it a bit easier.

Reply #103176 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

I just don't agree with how he runs his childcare centres for maximum profit and minimum staff wages, little investment back into the centre and its children and disregard for NCAC Audits and Requirements.

Yes he is rich, yes he is successfull. Doesn't mean I have to agree with what he does ( or rather how he does it). Id much rather he used his power, money and cuthroat accumen in industry rather than with our children.

With so little money in childcare, how DOES he become so rich? hmmm Monkey-trained 16 year olds looking after toddlers in sparkling new hghly advertised yet sub-standard envornments with high fee's? - Maybe (shrugg).

Don't get me wrong; I think its admirable he spat some money into the Sixers' plight (while picking up one massive piece of real-estate), and also do respect his love for the NBL however (personally) I would have been happier if the maffia helped us out (hmm is there much difference?.. I'll have to have a think about that one) ;-)

I do not in any-way expect others to feel the same specifically given the lack of publicity the Public vs Private childcare debate receives in the media.

ShaneD
(Sorry for all my typo's ;-)

Reply #103241 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:40 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754