Anonymous
Years ago

2 Tech Foul Ejection

Since when do you get ejected for 2 tech fouls???

2 Unsportsmanlike fouls maybe but isnt it 3 Tech fouls before you get ejected.

Was it just me or did the umpires lose it last night. There was so much holding and banging going on, did anyone see Shane Heal dragging singlets - all night. I reckon Cooper and Horvath will miss the next game with brusing and chinese burns they were getting banged up and held so much. I thought the NBL was trying to clean up the game.

Obviously Shane heal learnt that style of game from Boy Goorj and liked it, it certainly slows the game down for the has been.

PS Seals that banner was gold, and should be permanently erected in the stadium.

Topic #9125 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I was of the understanding that a second Tech for the same sort of offence was grounds for ejection.

Reply #103178 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

The rule changed a few years back for the auto ejection

Reply #103180 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

As for Copeland:

First tech for having words with Shanahan to the point that they had hands on each other's face and throat.

Second for having words with Heal.

Now, what does it take to fire him up that much?!

Reply #103181 | Report this post

Jasmine  
Years ago

I thought it was always 2 techs and your gone. As soon as Copeland got the second I figured he was gone and was suprised by the crowd's reaction to being told he was ejected.

Reply #103182 | Report this post

I think you will find a player can be ejected at anytime during the game regardless of the number of tech fouls.

Reply #103185 | Report this post

Years ago

Well from where i was sitting after the 2nd Tech the refs confered and seem to indicate it was 2 tech fouls so he had to leave.

Now I am no rule guru, but there is no mention of ejection for a techincal foul in the current rule book Article 38 (I just downloaded the rule book from the FIBA website), so we can only assume he was given a qisqualifying foul (which he clearly wasnt until after the umpires confered) or the umpires clearly showed their lack of understanding of the rules.

Reply #103188 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Maybe Brad Hill payed the refs to make the decision so he could get on court!

Reply #103192 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The new code of conduct includes a clause on trash-talking. Anyone who breaks any article in the code of conduct (and thus earn a technical foul) twice is automatically ejected. The refs got it right.

Reply #103193 | Report this post

tony Blair  
Years ago

9125 the refs got it right and I guess that is why the did the game and not you.

Reply #103196 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

The Shannahan incident was funny because i thought Copeland was trying to tell him he was fat and pinch his cheeks.

But Copeland was an idiot for getting into it with Heal again , once they were separated the first time.

He was brought here to show some leadership - not a good example.

Did anyone notice Heal yanking on Darrens shirt in the first play on court? He almost pulled him over.

Reply #103199 | Report this post

brick city  
Years ago

Whats the point in double technicals it proves nothing. Fair enough if punches are thrown, but a little talk and push and shove is alright, thats what the fans want to see. Break it up and give a warning, then if it boils over then give a tech. Refs just love giving out techs soon as there is a slight altercation.

Reply #103201 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I didnt have a problem with Copeland getting fired up - Id love to see some more of it - agreed however that he needs to temper his agression slightly so as not to get himself thrown out!

Cat used to be able to lift the team and crowd with a bit of push and shove everynow and then - shows a bit of passion rather than some of the very passive performances we have seen so far this season.

As for Copes telling Shanahan he was fat - I think he wanted to say the same to Drimic but was scared he would get eaten

Reply #103204 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

Copeland's ejected really sparked Adelaide and it was the worst thing to happen for the Dragons.

1. Dragons were on a complete tear, down 66-69 and looking the goods.

2. Copeland was very poor defensively and Dragons were clearing out and isolating Copeland, and scoring easily.

3. It lifted the crowd, starting to sound like 7000 and not 1500!

4. It injected Brad Hill in to the rotation and he showed why he should be getting at least 15-20 mins per game.

Reply #103216 | Report this post

Journo
Hill has been getting 15-20 minutes.
Last night he got 20 minutes court time.

considring this team go's all the way down in rotation, I think Phil is giving Hill a chance now so people shold not be so harsh on Smyth in this regard.

In regards to the trash talk there seems to be less tollarence this season to previous

double tech foul is good because we come to see basketball not adults acting like children

imo

Reply #103219 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Show Me the Money - check old boxscores. There is no way Hill has got 15 mins every game this year. Some games he only hit the floor once. Look at the games pre-Maher's injury

Reply #103221 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Show me the Money - Hill has recieved 74 mins before last night at an average of 9 mins a game. And most of those games have been with Maher not playing.
Last night was the first time he has logged 20 mins all season.

Reply #103223 | Report this post

ShaneD  
Years ago

Its important to note how loud the Boo's for The Tool got after Copeland's ejection and therefore the increase in emotion and crowd involvement in general.

ShaneD

Reply #103231 | Report this post

Meg  
Years ago

It was appalling to see the 36ers fans booing a truley great basketball player. Shane Heal does not deserve the petty unsportsman-like reception he got last night. Living in Adelaide myself I was extremely embarrassed to see Adelaide fans behave with so much disrespect.
Go Dragons!

Reply #103300 | Report this post

tedeebare  
Years ago

Meg,

go back to Victtoria and dont let the door hit your ass on the way out!!

Heal has been disrepectful to Adelaide crowds since he started playing, and has deserved to be booed for some of his carry ons!

Adelaide fans will acknowledge good players who aren't tools, however booing Hammer will ALWAYS happen as long as he is involved in the league.

Do you REALLY think Shane went back to his hotel last night and cried himself to sleep because he was getting booed all game??

Reply #103323 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shane Heal is a knob and deserves all he gets...

Reply #103324 | Report this post

skip  
Years ago

Are we refering about the same Shane Hill that around 10 years ago ran down the court fliping the bird to the Adelaide crowd with both hands???
Yea, he deserve a lot of respect.

Reply #103329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nah skip, we are talking about Shane Heal, who always give the crowd heaps if his teams win, luckily they didnt win too often.

Reply #103341 | Report this post

Meg  
Years ago

Don't waste your time in this forum cupcake!

Reply #103377 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Wasn't there an incident with 'Haemorroid' I mean Heal where he actually punched a supporter at the Dome?
I think it was back when it used to be called the PowerHouse.

Reply #103384 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

You thinking of Matt Nielson?

Reply #103386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I still remember years ago when during half time a kid was asked to come to the middle of the court and comment on Shane Heal. He summed up the man in one word.

"Idiot."

Reply #103452 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

Shane Heal is only really great in his own mind. A self-loving, overrated, egotistical idiot... and they are his good qualities.

I just wished that the noise the crowd created after Copes got tossed was like that every home game from start to finish. Sounded like a crowd of 10,000 or more... reminded me of the Sixers crowds of old I used to enjoy watching on TV... really started getting into the feeling of the game, and that's what got the Sixers going again.

Reply #103471 | Report this post

tedeebare  
Years ago

Anyone else see the irony in John Lawrence calling someone else a "self-loving, overated, egotistical idiot"???

Reply #103521 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:34 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754