TC
Years ago

Red Auerbach passes away

It has just been reported that Red has passed away at the age of 89, sources can be found at espn, realgm, celtics blog etc. Red was a legend and his achievements include coaching the Celtics to an NBA record 8 straight NBA championships 1959-66. He will be missed by all basketball fans alike.

Topic #9158 | Report this topic

stef#4  
Years ago

Its a sad sad day he was amazing coach and i will pay my respects to red

Reply #103559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

RIP RED. Hope ya enjoy the big court in the sky with Jonny Most, Pete The Pistol, Big Wilt and co.

Reply #103568 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

This is a sad day for basketball, the best NBA coach of all time has passed away, don't give me this what about Phil Jackson crap! Red was the best, he built teams from scratch, never got the highest draft pick yet the Celtics always succeeded when he was around.

RIP Red!

Reply #103569 | Report this post

Matt W  
Years ago

i blame the cheerleaders...

rip red

Reply #103580 | Report this post

Johnny Sack  
Years ago

Great character to boot - they don't make cigar chewing, grizzled, matter of fact coaches like Red anymore...

Reply #103582 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

RIP RED. To the best coach in the history of any professional sport, you will be missed.

Watch out for the Celtics now they have a reason to kick ass this year. The Ghosts of Celtics Past will be back to haunt the Fleet Centre.

Reply #103591 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:14 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754