Panther
Years ago

Is Joey Wright Shaving Points???

I couldn't watch the game as it wasn't shown on Foxtel, but watching it live on the NBL site really made me question Joey Wright's coaching strategies and whether or not he was covering the spread!
Final three minutes of the last quarter, it's a close game all night and you have two starters on the court! Your up by only six points and on your bench you have Bradkte, Ere, McKinnon and Dusty. ARE YOU FRICKIN CRAZY!!!!
Ere had 11 points in only 15 minutes of play...
Dusty had 8 points and 11 rebounds...
Bradtke had 18 points and 9 rebounds and Mckinnon had the same...
He basically had 5 guards out on the court which really did allow West Sydney to stay in the game.
I'm just curious to know if he had a bet on to win between 1-10 points!!!!

Topic #9167 | Report this topic

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

I'm more curious to know if you had a bet on a win of 10 or more!!

Reply #103633 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

When I saw the boxscore, I assumed Ere spent a lot of time on the bench due to foul trouble? He finished with 4.

Razorbacks aren't a big team, so he might've wanted to play small to stay with them too?

Reply #103634 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Of course I did!
And it frustrated me to see him coach the way he did at the end of the game!
Joey, if your out there....you owe me money!

Reply #103635 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I don't know if I would say they are a small team Isaac. Ya Ya Dia- 207cm, Rigby- 201cm, McGregor- 202cm, Dann- 202cm, Khazzouh-209cm, Rush- 198cm compared to Brisbane who really only have 2 players over 200cm.

Reply #103638 | Report this post

sween  
Years ago

If anybody works out what Joey's doing, please let Joey know.

Bullets are the Dockers of the NBL...way to fickle to put the hard earnt on them IMO.

Reply #103656 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

really west sydneys players dont play tall yes they may be over 200cm but they dont always play like it

Reply #103687 | Report this post

Stephon  
Years ago

Didn't see the game or follow the live score but if they were up 6 with 3 or so minutes to go and Wright benched Mackinnon, Dusty and Bradtke was it possible that he did so because all 3 aren't the safest free throw shooters to close out a game?

3 minutes to go is a bit early to bench your entire starting front court though but how many times have we seen Sam Mackinnon let a team back into the game by failing to hit last quarter free throws.

Reply #103693 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Dusty's shots were not going in, that's why he was benched towards the end.

Reply #103698 | Report this post

Stingray  
Years ago

Really? The idea of shaving points in the NBL? what were the odds? Bit rich there panther...

Reply #103749 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:52 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754