Anonymous
Years ago

5AA's KG collapses, now recovering in hospital

SA loveable sports presenter KG Cunningham allegedly suffered what is said to be a as close to death heart attacks one could have with out becoming fatal this morning on Semaphore beach.

5AA Sports Show producer Andrew Pearce has said that KG is in ok and in good spirits and is recovering in hospital.

Topic #9191 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,20676681-5006301,00.html

" RADIO personality Ken "KG" Cunningham is recovering in hospital after suffering from circulation problems affecting blood flow to the heart this morning."

Reply #103867 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

From the Independent Weekly's Indaily subscriber mail-out:

5AA radio presenter Ken "KG" Cunninham is recovering from surgery in hospital after suffering a heart attack this morning. 5AA General Manager Paul Bartlett told Insider Cunningham suffered the heart attack about 9am. "He was walking on the beach with a friend and he just collapsed," Bartlett said."He was resuscitated by his friend and then got up and walked back to his house." Bartlett said Cunningham underwent surgery today and was doing well. "He's talking about coming back to work tomorrow, which I'm sure that's not the case." Cunninham co-presents a weekday sports show alongside Graham Cornes.

Reply #103868 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A coronary occlusion that restricted blood to the heart, very different to a heart attack. .

Reply #103871 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Rumours that he had seen Graham Cornes' face momentarily before the collapse are completely false...

Reply #103874 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

more publicity on Sunday for that comment Isaac...
thank you Mrs Cornes.

Reply #103895 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ther is no way he will be back at work this week if he had a myocardial infarction (a full occlusion / clot).

if he required "resuscitation" he also would not get up a walk home.

from what I interperet he got a serious warning and will have to take it easy - should his health be good enough to return to work this week.

get well soon KG - no show without punch!

Reply #103911 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

DB5 - ahh, just being silly. I don't agree with the original comment about Cornes for what it's worth, just thought it was good of him to post about the pronunciation actually.

Graham Cornes, Peter Walsh, is Boti next?

Reply #104061 | Report this post

GREG MILLER  
Years ago

wrong subject i guess but
the AFL's use of anzac day and using the last post to promote it on tv is 'a disgrace' and from there on it just gets cheaper and more chintzy and disgusting.
i could go on but they wouldn't get it anyway

Reply #232965 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Greg - you obviously dont remember this game is played due to the combined efforts of Kevin Sheedy/Essendon, Collingwood FC AND the RSL of Australia.
The game has been played on Anzac day to honour and to commemorate our fallen servicemen who payed the ultimate price while serving our country. I personally feel that given the comercial realities in the world today that the AFL and channel 10 did a damm good job and should be congratulated for the way they handled yesterdays main game.

Same goes to Channel 9 for their ad free coverage of the Gallipoli Dawn service.

Reply #232981 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:15 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754