Libertine
Years ago

It's time to get over Newley and Ingles

I'm quite sick of reading alot of the crap on here about Newley and Ingles. We all know the club missed out an opportunity to sign the two best young talents in Australia. And so many people think that they would quite willingly come back to Adelaide: "sack Maher bring back Newley and Ingles", "when Newley and Ingles get out of contract we should get them" etc etc

This is crap. These guys are destined for bigger and better things than the Adelaide 36ers. They most likely will NEVER play for Adelaide unless they a) get cut down by serious injury and don't reach their potential; or b) come here in their twilight.

So we should get over them and concentrate on the next generation of young superstars coming through.

As for Schenscher, why would a guy who has just come out of a series of NBA contracts come to a league that is tbh well out of the NBA spotlight??? Unless he is severely homesick and would want to play for the love of the game (whilst making an income as an extremely tall "door bitch" at HQ), why wouldn't he want to go to Europe and get paid serious $$$$ and leave him in the NBA spotlight?? If Helliwell is getting decent denaro in Europe, than there's no doubt a division 1 team somewhere that would use a guy like Schescher.

I just thought it might be time to face a few home truths. Don't get me wrong, I'd ABSOLUTELY LOVE for these three guys to come back and play (simultaneously or not) for Adelaide at some stage in their careers....but I don't see it happening in the next ten years unless there are something major happens.

Topic #9220 | Report this topic

Jimmy The Snitch  
Years ago

Agree with what you are saying in principal that Joe Ingles and Brad Newly are very unlikely to play for the Sixer anytime soon and I also agree it's time for us supporters to move on but what is everyone fascination with having a rookie sensation?

Are we annoyed that we missed out on them because they were born and grew up in South Australian or basketball player that could help the Sixer potentially win games of basketball? How about showing some support to the player on the team now rather than whining about who is not.

Either support the club as well as everyone associated with the program or get the hell out of dodge.

I don't thing it's out of the question for some fringe NBA players to elect to play in Australia.

Why would Darnell Mee and Kevin Brookes come to a basketball competition that isn't in the NBA spotlight? Why would Brian Meltzer go to New Zealand, the NBL isn't as bad some make it out to be and Luke could go and play in a lot worst competitions in Europe.

I would imagine that the majority of European imports have been decided now so that leaves the NBA or the NDBA, why wouldn't he consider playing for the Sixer to come back and spend some quality time with his family after being away for the last 6 or 7 years.

Reply #104252 | Report this post

The Early Bird  
Years ago

Libertine

This is a forum where people can express there point of view. Therefore your comments are not going to stop anyone.

Reply #104271 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Libertine, you right about Ingles and Newely most likely not coming back to adelaide and that NBL players get payed shit all but your wrong about the NBL being out of the NBA spotlight. NBA scouts are extreemly aware of (and respect)the NBL. Newely said it himself.

Reply #104291 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

I do share your scepticism for them ever playing for the 36ers, but the Townsville Crocodiles and South Dragons are not exactly the pinnacle of world basketball either.

So while they are still both in the NBL then I don't see why the 36ers would be beneath them.

Reply #104292 | Report this post

Meg  
Years ago

Go the dragons and go joeeyyyyy!

Reply #104345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

has anyone else noticed that whenever there is a thread about ingles, "meg" just writes"

GO DRAGONS or

GO JOEY!!!!

can i just say meg, nearly every person on this forum knows joe through some angle, and we all want him to sucedd, but we save our posts for relevent things to say, can i ask you to please yell it at your monitor, and not write it in our forum! please.

i honestly mean this in the nicest possible way, and not trying to cut you down, like most people on here.

Reply #104362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe that would be his sister hence the cheering.

Reply #104396 | Report this post

Meg  
Years ago

Sorry mate but this forum is for anyone to write what they want. People dribble so much crap on this site its funny and if want to write go dragons and go joey i will!
and yeh i am his sister
go dragons and gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo joey!

Reply #104613 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

Libertine I agree with you 100% We will never have Newley or Ingles with us in their primes and we have to get over it. However we can't get over Phil Smyth's decision not to pursue the 2 young superstars! I think that's what boat everyone is on, wanting Phil Smyth gone.

Reply #104615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

can i just say, (whether you will rad this or not, meg, i dont know). i am sincrely sorry for my comment earlier, i truly meant it in the nicest way. i only get annoyed when i log onto the site just to read a couple of the threads, and log on, only to read GO JOEY!!!, it seems like a waste of my time.

but you are right, you can write whatever you like, especially if he is your bro. i am sorry. please accept my apology.

and please feel free to bag anyone on here who has a bad word to say about joe, he is a great guy and an even better player.

Reply #104622 | Report this post

Years ago

Libertine, you are exactly right. I know people are free to express whatever they like (within reason) on the forum, but I also believe it is time for people to support the players who are on the 36ers squard right now, and not whinge about who isn't. I know it's tough to miss out on the young SA talent, but it can't be changed now.

Reply #104660 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:50 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754