thedoctor
Years ago

Sixers/West Sydney

What does everybody think about tonight's game?

Not just a clash of the cellar dwellers, a bit of history should add a bit of spice.

There's the Watkins/Horvath thing, and the colourful history between Farley and the Pigs including that forgetable season he had with them in '03.

Some good odds going on the game including Horvath to score more than Harvey, Farley and McGregor, which is paying $3.20.

Topic #9236 | Report this topic

thedoctor  
Years ago

And both teams are paying over $3 for a win by less than 10 points, so you could bet on both theoretically - I don't think it will be a blowout personally, so get on board!

Reply #104431 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

West Sydney over 25. Whats that paying??

West Sydney half and full time?

Reply #104433 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

My current bets and the payout:

Crocs by 11+ (22)
Slingers by 11+ (16)
Dragons-Bullets half-full (6)
36ers-Breakers 205+ (1.90)
Pigs-36ers 199 or less (1.90)
Crocs line +12 (1.90)
Bullets line -4.5 (1.90)
Breakers to beat 36ers (2.35)

I reckon the Pigs will win tonight in a bit of a sludgy, close game.

Reply #104436 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Ive got a multibet on 6ers and bullets tonight. Paying 3.01 to the dollar. CMON 6ers!

Reply #104437 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

19/19 a piece with 2:30 left in the first..

Reply #104451 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

I think Watkins must have been on the drink or something when he described Horvath as mediocre. Horvath has been wopping ass all season and I reckon he'll have another doozy tonight against his old coach.

Sixers by 10

Reply #104456 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

Sixers by 7

Copeland on fire hitting threes and Farley IS BACK!!! He hit the first three of the game followed by another! Horvath is great as usual. Agaion Sixers in foul trouble but the same applies for the Razors.

Horvath 15
Farley 14
Copeland 14
---------------
Sutton has 4
---------------

Reply #104457 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

sh*t!

7-0 for the Razors.

55-55 all at half time.

Reply #104459 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Looks like Nash having another explosive game

Reply #104463 | Report this post

bballer  
Years ago

They have now gone on a 10 point run and we are down 74-66!! fantastic..and copeland and horvath are on 4 fouls each..

Reply #104465 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Nash still a focal point

Reply #104467 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Nash off, we are coming back at them

Reply #104468 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

what's the score? NBL site's down for me.

Reply #104469 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

98 - 93 pigs up 6 min to go

Reply #104470 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

100 - 96 - pigs have 7 fouls this quarter already so we are shooting every time we are fouled

going to go down to wire

Reply #104471 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

how much time to go statman? who has the run of play?

Reply #104472 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

106 101 - we are closing in...horvarth huge.....

3.36 to go

Reply #104473 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

mcgregor is the key for pigs has 17 p and 16r horvarth has 29 and 10.....

ng just subbed in for hill

Reply #104474 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

what is the score?

Reply #104475 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

shit - 113 104 - bloody harvey 211 to go

Reply #104476 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

start praying people.....

113 - 106

copes has 27

1.56 to go

Reply #104477 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

another copeland 3 - 114 - 109

1.45 to go

Reply #104478 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

114-110! COME ON SIXERS COPES WITH A 4 POINT PLAY

Reply #104479 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

SCORES LEVEL!!!! COME ON SIXERS!!!!!

Reply #104480 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

this will come down to foul shooting......can we do it.......

Reply #104481 | Report this post

Chewy  
Years ago

SIXERS IN FRONT BY 2! 14 SECONDS TO GO!

Reply #104482 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

116-114, COME ON, 14 seconds left

Reply #104484 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

We're up by the way

Reply #104485 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

We are up by 2 with 10 secs to play as Nash re=enters the game

Reply #104486 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

squid will be happy - nash back on for final 10 secs lol

Reply #104487 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Did you say Nash back on?!!!!!

Reply #104488 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

If they've got that right WE WIN!!!! WE WIN!!!! WE WIN!!!!

Reply #104489 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Possible win. 15-1 run to finish the game.

Reply #104490 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

my live scores just shit themselves - well done nbl - again you are sensational!

Reply #104491 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

Looks like it's all over folks, 116-114 come from no where victory. Copeland, Horvath both huge for 31 and 29 points respectively. This is huge.

Reply #104492 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Don't tell me, Nash won it with a huge block with seconds to go

Reply #104493 | Report this post

Keefy  
Years ago

Live scores has us winning 116-114 with Farley hitting the game winner with 14 secs left in the game

Reply #104494 | Report this post

sc  
Years ago

You beauty! We looked goooone!

HUGE last quarter from Copes to finish with 31 and a couple of late points to Farley to seal it!

YOU BEAUTY!!!

Reply #104495 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

SIXERS WIN!!! Lanard Copeland, you are a legend! Willy Farley gave it to the pigs once again. Nick Horvath, unstoppable once again.

Bring on the Breakers!!!!!

Reply #104496 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

wow - that was exciting even just watching online.....Copes was huge in the last - dare i say it he did a Maher and carried the team on his back for the win

Reply #104498 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Great effort from the likes of Horvath, Copeland (what about all the people who had stuck into him - like me!), Farley, Cooper and NG. I will be there tomorrow night. Excellent result fellas!

Reply #104499 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

I can't bloody believe it!

We looked gone, then with 1:45 left Sixers scored a 12-1 run.

Un freaken believable!

Reply #104500 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

you forgot your mate Squid......

Reply #104501 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

whats surprising about nash being subbed on for defense on the last play of the game>? makes sense to me

Reply #104502 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

I agree Kwest - was just mentioning it as I know how much squid loves seeing him on court ;)

Reply #104503 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

You will note that Nash did not play virtually at all in the last quarter - you want to know why? We had to score!
Copeland must have been brilliant and should start tomorrow night on his form, at the expense of ....!

Reply #104504 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Thanks for the ackonwledgement too Statman. Have some interesting stats on Nash too if you want to hear them.

Reply #104505 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Im sure even squid will agree with the Nash/Ng sub for the last play though! hmm maybe?

Reply #104507 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

I woud have preferred a cardboard cut out of anyone but him

Reply #104508 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

Maher won the game with a shot at 14secs left there last season. Sense of Dejavu for Pigs.

Watkins must be soooooo close to going now. They shouldnt have given up a 12 point lead with 2:49 left. WOW.

Copeland has hopefully shut some critics up now.

Reply #104509 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Harsh.. on the last play of the game when ONLY defense is needed - theres no one else I would have brought on for Ng..

Reply #104510 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

great work, came in late on the scores with this one, looked at copes states with amazement and noted we were down and wrote the game off. I have to admit i was bashing copes at the start of the year but after that game where he got 21 at home he really has not looked back at all. Full credit to him.

Reply #104511 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

box scores now up on nbl website

also for kings/crocs and dragons/bullets

Reply #104512 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Full credit to Farley also.. The last 3 weeks he has turned into one of the most multi dimensional players in the league. Who would have thought it?

Recent games include:

31pts, 7rbs and 6ast
26pts, 7rbs and 6ast
24pts, 6rbs and 5ast

and tonight he got a similar stat line again..

Reply #104514 | Report this post

kdog  
Years ago

You beauty!

Great result and if we can turn around tomorrow night and get the win...well we are kinda looking back on track :D

Go Copes!

Reply #104523 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Is anyone else thinking what I am? With all due respect to Brett, but with a winning streak of 3 without him, do we need him back? What will it do to the team chemistry? Its taken this long for the team to gel, its starting to take shape now without him. Brett is great if he plays consistently, but if he is going to have a season continually interrupted with injury, then the question has to be asked.

Reply #104524 | Report this post

G-Funk-Era  
Years ago

Did any1 cover the 36ers and Pigs 4 a draw at half and 36ers 2 win. Draws at half and what ever team wins normally pays $25 ta $1

Reply #104527 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Our winning streak is 2 not 3.. 2 games.. wow..

Of course we need him back!!! We just gave up 114 points to the Pigs, and should have lost the game. They are the worst team in the league.

That tells you everything you need to know.

Reply #104528 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

Our team as it is, without Maher is an 8th place team.. and we are 8th on the ladder.

There is no way we are better than any of the teams above us.

We JUST scraped by the 2 worst teams in the league (dragons and pigs) and beat an underachieving crocs. The tigers game showed us exactly where we are in the scheme of things.

It was a nice comeback tonight, but I wouldnt be holding any illusions of grandeur.

Reply #104529 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

No doubt whatsoever, Brett Maher needs to come back and fast. Having the Dragons nearly cause an ugly upset at one point of last weeks game and having to go on a freak last ditch run to win this week doesnt do much for my confidence in the current 6ers team.

They've done well to keep themselves in the hunt as it is such a tight league. But overall no Maher no Adelaide. As far as chemistry goes Maher will never try and shoot himself back into immediate form or do anything that isnt best for the team should fit back in smoothly.

Throw Maher and Wheeler back into a winning group and all of a sudden this is a deep squad.

Reply #104530 | Report this post

kdog  
Years ago

If Mahersy is fit he is the first person selected each week.

There is no doubt about it.

I have a good feeling about the rest of the season and firmly believe we could become a darkhorse come finals time.

Reply #104533 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I was looking at the situation more from the point of view that most of the good work done so far by the Sixers has been since Maher went down with injury and illness. They are continually improving their position on the ladder even though Maher is not there. They may have beaten the 2 lowest teams in the league but the season started with the Sixers being the lowest in the league. Whoever they have beaten were no lower than they were. What was encouraging about tonight's win was that it was on the road and with 2 major players out.

Reply #104538 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Farley seems to be putting some decent games together past few weeks.. shooting percentage is still below average tho!!

Does this bother anyone? Should he be taking as many shots as he has been?

I think it would be better if he took, say 5 less shots a game and Horvath took 5 more shots a game

Reply #104545 | Report this post

Kwest  
Years ago

I dont mind Farley taking 25 shots and only making 35%, without Maher.

It seems to lift his all round game and confidence if he gets to take these extra shots. And that helps the team - ie game winner tonight..

Reply #104548 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

I hear what you're saying EC, I wouldn't mind if Maher were out for a while longer as long as we can improve while he's away. Farley has stepped up big time since he's been gone and others seem to be coming to the party too, it is true that our last 2 wins have been against average (at best) teams, but if we can get the chemistry together, get players to lift and be middle of the road with 10 games to go, then inject a fully fit, rejunivated and hungry Brett Maher into the equation we could give this thing a shake up.

It's like when an athlete takes a litre of blood from themselves and stores it in a freezer, over the next few weeks the body regenerates to full capacity then right before their event they inject that additional litre right back into their system resulting in improved performance (shut up, I've heard of this happening!!).

There's a lot of ifs in there but personally I'm not concerned if we don't get Brett back right away - if it were a top 6 and not top 8 finals system then perhaps things would be different.

Reply #104550 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

EC, a good question. It will be interesting to see how Smyth can work minutes in for Maher, Farley, Copeland, Ng, Hill, and now Sutton once Maher returns.

Adelaide does have some depth at guard this year, so it should have been able to cover for Maher being injured. Smyth can play his part here too in extending Maher's career, by not necessarily playing him for 40+ minutes each night when his is fit. Maher's minutes have not been managed well these past few years, resulting in something like 20 missed games over the past three seasons.

Reply #104572 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:16 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754