Anonymous
Years ago

Mark Nash - post-Pigs game rant

Is Nash a waste of space this year or what?! He will not shoot unless no other option and he turns the ball over way too much for a non ball handler.

Topic #9244 | Report this topic

and uh, he's the best defender in the team. You moron

Reply #104536 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Not including tonights game, he is averaging 0.8 turnovers per game this season, and career wise to the end of the 05/06 season is 1.1 TOpg.....yeah turns it over way too much you Nuff Nuff!

Reply #104543 | Report this post

Peppercorn  
Years ago

Im gonna have to agree with anon here. Nash isnt doin enough. The guy is scared to dribble, looks confused in offence and whatever he gives us in D, he takes away by not being a threat. Turn over count is so low because he only ever makes piss ant perimeter swing passes.

Reply #104544 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Role players are the key to any good team. 116 pts tonight without Maher says Nash doesn't have to shoot.

Reply #104549 | Report this post

Corey  
Years ago

He also has the best stats for BPG............Bricks Per Game!!!

How many times have I seen him put up a 3 and miss the lot.....???

Reply #104552 | Report this post

52-Cans  
Years ago

just stfu and be happy that we won

Reply #104553 | Report this post

xztatik  
Years ago

he controls the defence, if youve ever sat courtside you'll know he is the only one talking out there and has great defensive awareness.

Reply #104554 | Report this post

Peppercorn  
Years ago

Im sorry Ive just read 'defensive awareness' and 'controls the defence' right after we let the pigs score something like 114. That doesn't suggest a hell of a lot of control now does it? Come on . . . .

I'd like to see Nash off the bench this season, then retire, then maybe teach a classroom of young impressionable minds about the frivolities of working on a multi dimensional game (imagine that last part laden with sarcasm).

Sorry guys Nash's time has past.

Reply #104557 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Luckily, he's the only player signed for next year !!!!!!

Reply #104560 | Report this post

Mutley  
Years ago

Unfortunately Yogee, he isn't holding opposition starting small forwards to the 28% he shoots from the field. On most nights where have we been losing games this season: at the small forward position.

My main objection to Mark Nash is that this is a guy who was once a very useful, multi-dimensional player. The Nash of 2000 through to 2002 was actually something to watch. Since his injuries he seems to have lost all offensive confidence. "Confidence player" is a term that should NEVER be allowed to be used to describe a 30-something year old man.

Nash DOES do a great job defensively, but he costs us more at the other end.

I was watching a couple of old game tapes from 2001 last week and the Nash then was a very active player. Nash 2006 is more or less a complete non-factor, and unfortunately the decision to re-sign him last season has definitely played its part in costing us Oscar Forman and Jacob Holmes, two guys who could have and should have been the future of the club. Nash is not the future of the club.

I'd love to see the old Nash back, but its been four years now and I think he might be gone for good.

Reply #104569 | Report this post

Tce44  
Years ago

It's pretty clear some people only judge a player by the box scores. Player A didn't score so he must be crap. What a JOKE!!!!!

Every game Nashy is given the number 1 defensive job, and he has the ability to guard 1-4. If Nashy holds a player below their season average then that's a huge win for the sixers.

Have a think how many NBA teams have won championships with a player playing significant minutes who doesn't rack up the points.

Reply #104571 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

Great comments Mutley and Peppercorn. One only has to look at the performance of small forwards against us this year to see the complete ineptness of Nash. The guy very much reminds me of a mark stander in football, sure you got to have one, but they don't win you games. I wonder how many other teams have shown any interest in this bloke in recent years. Reckon I may know the answer to that one! We should get a big crowd there tonight, as there will be such a ground swell of fans going there just to see him play. Wouldn't it be great to see a game played consisting of 10 Nash's. We would witness the first nil all draw in basketball.

Reply #104578 | Report this post

camsurmo  
Years ago

Nash is only getting older but him and cooper are key defenders for adelaide, about our only 2.
Nash does a lot of little things that dont stat up like deflections, tap rebounds drawing offensive fouls and forcing turnovers. on offence he moves really well without the ball, cuts to the hoop regulary which fees up the shooters.
ive been to every 6ers home game this year and he is still very effective. Honestly for money reasons i dont think nash would be putting us over the cap with his weekly pay cheque

Reply #104579 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Mutley - I wasn't passing any judgement on Nash, just pointing out the stats to the Nuff Nuff who said he turns the ball over way too much.

Reply #104598 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

I think he scored about 10 pts tonight too.

Reply #104684 | Report this post

Squid  
Years ago

It hurts me to say it but he actually played a little better last night, but so much better him not starting - the only thing that worries me is that on the back of 1 game, he will have his contract extended for life!
Note Yogee said this morning that when NG and Nash came back on, NZ took advantage. Perhaps he is starting to see the issue perhaps?
My comments last night were as follows:
Firstly, great thing to buy some tickets at the front gate, then when scanning them, be told that they have already been used! Excellent feeling to be virtually accused of being a crook! What the hell is going on there? Once again the scoreboard was not working in the first half - can someone please tell me how this continues to happen?
Hill - I see at last why Smyth has not been playing him that much, some disgraceful turnovers - not sure what is going through that boy's head at times
NG - Shocking
Mastro - awful
Horvath, once again an ecellent first half, not sure what the problem is with second halves, whether it is his fault or the team not giving him the ball
Cooper - Excellent first half, some great work on the boards
Farley - quite insprirational
Copeland - was good whilst taking Copeland type shots, but some of his shot selection was poor indeed.
Sutton - at least he is able to get the ball into offence with some speed as opposed to NG
Maher - was it 3 years since Brett last played? As that was what it looked like, hopefully he will come back to peak soon
Nash - as above - this boy suffers from tunnel vision at times too with the telegraphing of passes.
Despite all this, I will be back on Friday night.
By the way, any comments on who won the battle of the coaches?

Reply #104739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hill - not enuff court time again!
(but we've discussed this enuff already)

Reply #104759 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Squid - didnt say anything of the sort, wasnt at the game, so wont comment on the game.

Reply #104822 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:53 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754