Anonymous
Years ago

Panther an umpire...What the!

Last night in a crazy turn of events, a senior umpire handed his whistle to Panther to see if he could do a better job at umpiring after copping an earful from him.
Both coaches didn't seem impressed with the stunt and we saw why Panther is a player and not an umpire!!!
I hope both teams asked for their money back!!!

Topic #9248 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

How long was he allowed to take charge??

Reply #104606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

haha are u serious? panther did a better job than the umpire in charge..

Reply #104614 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great to see that in only 3 games, Panther has been able to abuse the umpire enough to force them to do something that it takes the most of us 10 years to accomplish.

South through and through!

Should we expect anything different?

Reply #104624 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He umpired for almost the whole game!!

Reply #104629 | Report this post

SomeOneElse  
Years ago

Panther did an alright job, not like you would expect the perfect job, but its not like he ruined the game by umpiring...

Reply #104638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i was at the game and i heard the north coach say to a parent he was doing a good job so he wasnt that bad.

Reply #104654 | Report this post

VC fan  
Years ago

So this was a district game? Surely the ref would have gotten in trouble, possibly in a social game you could get away with it but if I was a player or coach I would have said something.

Reply #104679 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

under 20 div 2's

Reply #104692 | Report this post

Blue Collar  
Years ago

Not that i condone what has allegedly happened in this particular situation but perhaps Panther will consider a future in umpiring. Paul Rieffel (sp?), Steve Bucknor, Alim Dar... (insert Panther here) as one of the great players turned umpires...

Reply #104717 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Thanks to those who thought I did an ok job. Blue collar, there is no way you'll see me umpiring like Rieffel, it's almost as frustrating as coaching, all you want to do is be out on the court playing!

Reply #104865 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:35 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754