Isaac
Years ago

Maher back, Horvath day off, Mal starts

Hit the 36ers site for the news as well as a photo from Farley's alley-oop as Willie again provides this week's front page photo highlight.

Credit to Farley too for one of the biggest moments I've seen in basketball at the Dome. It wasn't a finals game, it wasn't a do-or-die game, it wasn't a win over a top team, it wasn't a sell-out crowd, or even the last moments of a game, but somehow that third quarter was just incredible. The crowd lifted and then Willie had that run of great plays.

He started this season flat, but has lifted significantly over the last few games.

More moments like that, and anyone new to the sport would have to be impressed.

Topic #9270 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Too true Isaac, that was a special game and some special moments. I took a friend for the first time to a game, and what a game to introduce new people to the sport. She couldnt believe the atmosphere and was very very excited. It is amazing how much a live experience can change things and differs from tv...not that there is much bball on tv. Fantastic game!!!

Reply #104854 | Report this post

Magpie  
Years ago

Funny isnt it. We lost the game yet my son and I walked out of the stadium with smiles from ear to ear.

We were just going over the game highlights and of course that ally oop. Most of the people we herd talking as they were walking out were also in a positive mood.

I dont know what happened but it was abloody good game that had everything.

Great Game, pity about the result, but we all got our $$$$ worth sat night.

Reply #104932 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:34 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754