Years ago

Congratulations to Adelaide Cameraman

I saw on the news last night that Camerman (and regular hoops visitor) Lennon Cooper, won (as they said...) "the covetted Gold Award at saturdays Australian Cinematography Awards for his outstanding camerawork on an ABC basketball story earlier this year"

i believe it was for his story on joe ingles and ryan kersten for stateline, as seen on hoops before.

i just wanted to send out my congratulations to Lennon, i have met him a few times at sixers games, and he has told me that nearly all the basketball camerawork he does, is for free and simply done to help build basketballs profile in SA, by having someone who loves basketball put passion into the local stories, rather than the same old boring file shots.

i think this award is a great credit to his effortless work for basketball in SA. keep up the good work Coopz.

Topic #9271 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats!

When watching this story I thought the camera work was a bit special and better than a normal sports story.

Reply #104881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anywhere we can see this story, I missed it.

Reply #104882 | Report this post

Years ago

Watch it here

The quality isn't the best though because of its on the net.

But great camera work!!!!

Reply #104889 | Report this post

dolphin  
Years ago

shotgun having coops do a story on me!! lovely work lenno!!

Reply #104894 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

shot at mars?

Reply #104918 | Report this post

Bully  
Years ago

Great work Coopz, great filmwork on that video and also great videos he makes of his social team.

Reply #105021 | Report this post

coopz  
Years ago

firstly let me extend a big thank you all for your kind words. i have strived to make the average bball story look better than normal, in a hope it might make the viewer more interested in SA bball, and the sixers.

i would like to thank a few people who use this site some times, while i have the chance.

i couldnt have done it without the patience of both joey and ryan. they were great! even when i was strapping camera's to their body or the backboard, or using greeen screens. The story actually took nearly 3 hours to shoot and only went for 5mins. so i big thanks to both you guys. i owe you alot.

Thanks to KB and willie (or as i affectionately know him as "Fresno") for taking the time to talk to us.

special thanks to Paul Bauer, who always lets me shoot the games with very minimal notice. and particularly, in this story, when he let me shoot all the farley shots during a fox sports covered game. thanks potsie.

and thanks to my camera assistant on the day Simon Crowden. cheers buddy.

all your kind words have inspired me keep up the good work. i've only just got back from working overseas, so haven't got out to a game yet this season. but if paul lets me, i will be there shooting it this sunday. maybe we can get more season tickets hoders for mext year!

thanks again hoops.

great site isaac!!!

Reply #105022 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:28 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754