Dribbler
Years ago

Heal V McKinnon

Shane fined $1000, Sam $800, no suspension for either player. I would have thought 1 week suspension ,

Topic #9293 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

disgracefull effort from the NBL , Cat must be feeling real good anout his ban.

Heal has been to tribunal before and was deemed to be the larger contributor.....his extra fine for these two key points....$200 more than Mac....complete BS IMO.

Reply #105148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow, what a surprise !!!!!

Reply #105149 | Report this post

123abc  
Years ago

The NBL management are tools!

Reply #105150 | Report this post

AK-47  
Years ago

Pathetic
Total crap

Reply #105155 | Report this post

John Lawrence  
Years ago

shows the NBL has not got a clue for the concept of justice, and maybe the NBL Tribunal should be scrapped, and replaced by a group that understands that players must be held responsible for their conduct at that level of competition.

Reply #105161 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Pretty soft judgement. Wonder if the idea that a Dragons crowd might be lower were Heal suspended from playing and coaching entered their minds at all.

Reply #105165 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

I would have given them both a week and the fines.

As for lowering the crowd in Melbourne, the Dragons could use it as yet another publicity stunt.

Reply #105183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I heard that if they don't pay the fine by the 17th they'll be suspended for 1 week. Either way its still crap.

Reply #105202 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

If you had listened to Talking Hoops last night, they asked Chuck Harmison about whether a suspended sentence hanging over Heal since an incident with Kruger was taken into consideration.
He was going to follow that up this morning.
I'm not sure of the actual details.

Reply #105218 | Report this post

Fiji  
Years ago

Bottom line is, all sports have issues with Tribunals, eg Kosmina, AFL in general, cricket etc etc.

Having said that you have 2 players involved in an incident, one of which I don't think has been reported in his career, and one is a serial offender, and deemed to be more responsible for this incident.

On top of that although not 100% sure, I think he has been reported more than any other player in the history of our great game.

BUT there is only a $200 differential.

Give me a break!!

Reply #105239 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:21 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754