Nick
Years ago

Talking Hoops

For all of you that haven't listened to the radio program, Talking Hoops, make sure you try it out. I listened to it for the 1st time today and really enjoyed it. It has interviews with 36ers players and staff, other NBL players, Lightning players and more. The show is on air every Tuesday night at 6:00 - 8:30. Those of you that have listened to the show, what do you think?

Topic #9296 | Report this topic

EC  
Years ago

Nick its 6.30pm-8pm.

Reply #105174 | Report this post

Meg  
Years ago

You get what you pay for in this day and age. It's mediocre.

Reply #105180 | Report this post

billo  
Years ago

As opposed to all those radio programs we pay to listen to Meg?

Reply #105184 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

It's a great show, it would be the only show on Adelaide radio that talks basketball in depth...
The boys are always having a joke around on there, and have good personal chats with a lot of different guests.
Why is it mediocre Meg??

Reply #105190 | Report this post

PC  
Years ago

This a good show with great interviews and goo local content. Meg please explain.

Reply #105197 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Well, as a regular caller I think it's fantastic that the guys take the time to run a radio show (for no pay!). I don't know if there are any similar shows on anywhere else in Australia that are dedicated to basketball?
Paul Bell is the boss & Brett Maher is often on the show too. They speak to interstate players & coaches, not to mention other people associated with basketball including past coaches & players.
It's a good place to hear some 'facts' about what is going on.
It would be nice if they had a few more callers just so they know there are more than 2 or 3 of us out there listening.
Keep a good thing going.

Reply #105217 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Dana, there are more of us listening, you ask all the information that we need...ha ha

and sometimes give us more than we need, ie your massage comment last night....
: )

Reply #105232 | Report this post

mb  
Years ago

'I don't know if there are any similar shows on anywhere else in Australia that are dedicated to basketball?'

Well, yes. The Lightning endeavour to cover WNBL happenings every week on The Bolt.

At just ten minutes long, its short and sweet!

But it is out there.

This week, we're joined by Lauren King, who tells us how to find your pre-game dream-state, why she loves Ron Burgundy and why she wants to give SBS's Margaret and David a run for their money.

Episode Five will be available later this afternoon but you can hear all 4 episodes now anyway:

http://www.adelaidelightning.com/lightning/media/bolt

Reply #105237 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

My apologies, its 6:30  8:00

Reply #105256 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Hi DB5, I know that there are more people who listen. However, Brett made a comment about the show after the game last week and joked about them only having 3 listeners. Maybe 'cos I'm one of the ones who rings often, I guess I'm trying to encourage a few more of the listeners to phone in so that Paul & Brett don't have to 'fill-in' so much?

Reply #105260 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

You do a good job with the calls Dana...was bein cheeky with ya..
Keep up the good work, you're questions are pretty good....

Reply #105271 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Yea, its a great show!! very imformative and i really love the interviews and they get great guests on!! Yea, Dana does a great job calling up, and her questions are always great, i liked the real informative discussion a few weeks back, talking about signing players and the joe ingles situation!! for those who are interested i do intend on typing up a recap of the show as usual and hope to have it completed some time tonight!!

Reply #105272 | Report this post

DB5  
Years ago

Jonno, you are on the clock mate, I come in on a Wednesday looking for that write up....ha ha.

Reply #105276 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Hey Jonno,
Your recaps are GREAT!
(....Oh, hang on a minute......maybe because they're so good, people don't bother listening??) *wink*

Reply #105288 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

Dana you are not alone even though it seems that way. I listen to the program religiously every week. Its the best entertainment you can ask for while walking 7 kilometres. In fact every Tuesday night I become so unsociable refusing to walk with my friend because I just want to concentrate on the show and not be distracted. Its good to hear you calling up because the points you raise are always right on the mark. I've been tempted many times to call up but I'm a little on the shy side when it comes to talking on radio. I hope they get the funding they need to keep the show going as I would be very lost without it. Your suggestion about fund raising was good.

Reply #105312 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:16 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754